Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40k attendance is too much... we need an empty stadium

1. -11
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by thephinger View Post
    You idiots who keep saying its early we can have a good year blah blah blah... same crap every year and you guys like taking it up the canal every season. What has changed in the past few seasons, not the GM.... so in protest people need to stop supporting this regime at home games to let them know it can get worse on this side also. They expect people to go see a practice squad team at full price... fk that. We have no WR, no TE, no lb, no cb etc..... Those people who think that Ireland will get Wallace are dreaming, this guy is an idiot and has ruined the franchise. I am a diehard but i do understand these guys need to take a deeper hit in the pockets!!! It does not make me less of a fan for feeling this way but the only way to get attention is to hurt them in the pocket books, (as opposed to showing up for some rally etc...)..... let Ross go broke and sell this

Ireland = Garbage!!!!!!!
    You really expect anyone to take you seriously when you call out a big chunk of the fanbase? Listen I understand you're frustrated, but calling people idiots because still want to support this team financially is nonsense. Everyone including myself knows this team probably isn't contending for much of anything this year, but if I or others choose to attend games (whether in state or out) is our decision.

Thru the recent run of below average Dolphins football, there are a ton of fans out there that love this team. I'm one of them...I stood them thru a 1-15 season, so this 3 season slide we're in isn't going to stop me from supporting my team however I can. Look at the Lions, the 2008 and 2009 teams we're still averaging 50,000+ attendance numbers even in the midst of going 0-16 and 2-12 during those miserable seasons. That's determination...and now they're starting to turn things around after DECADES of futility.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    We're never going to move to LA. Miami will always have a football team; it's a football town.
    Was a football town. It's now a basketball town as long as LeBron is in a Heat uniform.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah have an empty stadium and see how long Miami has a football team. They only thing not showing up would do is get them to move the franchise.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love all this "Ireland is the worst thing to happen to Miami", "Ireland ruined the franchise" talk as if the Dolphins weren't the worst team in the league before he took over.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not going to deny the fact that you are a real fan, you're just not a very bright one.

no matter who's running the organization, boycotting games isn't the answer. you support the players regardless of what decisions (or lack thereof) management has made. get a grip man.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I won't be going and I'm fairly close. I haven't gone in about 7 years now actually. One, they suck, just not even competetive and the other reason it being too expensive. I actually find myself having a hard time watching the games and football in general anymore. It's just so slow, commercial riddled, flags ruin the games, cant even touch the QB or WR. It's just not really fun to watch anymore so I usually will just watch the Miami game anymore.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Was a football town. It's now a basketball town as long as LeBron is in a Heat uniform.
    For the younger generation, yes.

However, as soon as the Dolphins start winning people will flock to see them. There's a ton of good high school football teams here, and all the best raw football talent is in South Florida. A lot of people love football in Miami.

The Dolphins just find ways to piss the fan base off every year, and then they lose basically every year.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    It's a basketball town because the football teams haven't done so well the last 10 years. I listen to talk radio everyday and trust me the radio is full of Dolfans and Canes fans who voice their opinions on every move the team makes in hopes of just making the damn playoffs. Football is talked about year round, the basketball fans down here are just Dolfans who need something to grip on while their football team continues to stay stuck in the mud. The minute the Dolphins start winning you'll fully see what a football town Miami/South Florida is about, whether Lebron is bringing in more rings or not. Trust me, I go to high school games all the time as that is where the passion for football can still be found down here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By mid october the stadium will be empty with this squad
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would go if I was in miami, tannehill alone has me excited bout thus season
    Quote Quote