Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas delegates planning floor mutiny at RNC

1. -11
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't forget, we've never actually chosen a candidate for President. We vote for delegates and electors, and they, in turn, vote for a candidate. Neither are required to vote for the candidate they are pledged to (excluding Michigan and Minnesota).

Maybe I'm misreading this (it's been a long day) but this rule change seems pretty populist to me.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A convention-floor fight might still be brewing in Tampa. Fla., over a proposed Republican Party rule on delegates...

Fanning the flames, Sarah Palin posted to her Facebook page urging Republican National Committee members to revolt against the proposed rule, which was supported by backers of presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Palin wrote Monday night:
    Had a great time today in Gilbert, Arizona, at a rally for Kirk Adams. It's very important to pay attention to these down ballot races like Kirk Adams, Jeff Flake, and Paul Gosar in Arizona. We have to remember that this election is not just about replacing the party in power. It's about who and what we replace it with. Grassroots conservatives know this. Without the energy and wisdom of the grassroots, the GOP would not have had the historic 2010 electoral victories. That's why the controversial rule change being debated at the RNC convention right now is so very disappointing. It's a direct attack on grassroots activists by the GOP establishment, and it must be rejected. Please follow the link to Michelle Malkin's article about this.

Bopp's compromise would eliminate the ability for presidential candidates to veto state delegate selections, instead mandating that delegates vote as they are bound by primary or caucus results, but fellow RNC members are not all on board.

According to internal RNC emails, some members will push for a "minority report" to block the delegate rule change, attempting to push that to the convention floor for a vote, potentially adding a show of disunity to Mitt Romney's coronation as the party's presidential nominee.
    http://news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-rn...-politics.html

Mutiny might be back on. Never thought id say this: thank god for Sarah Palin.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote