Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And people wonder why people assume the GoP is racist...

1. -11
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    That is exactly the difference.

Every party or organization has its fanatics and radicals. With democrats a wikapedia page gets messed with(news didnt report it when Ireland's page was editted) or how a single network cut off a speech(which, come on now, thats the network and not limited to their news division, did you catch the constant blunders during the Olympics?). With the right, they are elected into office. I would call that a slight difference. The left has seemingly made an effort to distance themselves from their fanatics, the right embraces it.

If people are going to complain about that "damned liberal media!" please explain how Glenn Beck got away with over 200 nazi references in his first 18 months on the job and wasnt censored in the least by Fox. And doesnt the fact that people at the RNC were acting like bigots sort of reinforce the point about how nuts the right has gotten?
    Plus, what party do liberals have? The Democratic party is pretty conservative in of itself. They are MORE liberal than the Republican party, but I'm not sure I would call it liberal in general...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Plus, what party do liberals have? The Democratic party is pretty conservative in of itself. They are MORE liberal than the Republican party, but I'm not sure I would call it liberal in general...
    The Liberals have 2 parties:

A) The "Race Card" Party

B) The "Class Warfare" Party

Pick your poison...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its all relative. I wouldnt go so far as to say Democrats are fairly conservative, id say they are more practical. Things that used to be considered extreme to the left(gay marriage, abortion, universal health care, equal pay for women, ban on assault rifles) are largely accepted as mainstream for the democratic party. The real extremes(or liberals if you will) i would consider the enviromental nuts who dont want any drilling whatsoever and those who demand the complete removal of all firearms. Neither of those are largely touched by modern Democrats.

Times have changed and Democrats have adapted while Republicans have been welcoming in more and more fringe movements. 4 years ago i would have considered John Boehner very conservative. Now the man looks like a moderate. So i wouldnt consider Democrats conservative, i would just consider how once "liberal" views are now not only accepted in our society but also taken for granted.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CashInFist View Post
    The Liberals have 2 parties:

A) The "Race Card" Party

B) The "Class Warfare" Party

Pick your poison...
    Its August already, have you been gearing up to defend against he upcoming "War on Christmas!!!!"?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its all relative. I wouldnt go so far as to say Democrats are fairly conservative, id say they are more practical. Things that used to be considered extreme to the left(gay marriage, abortion, universal health care, equal pay for women, ban on assault rifles) are largely accepted as mainstream for the democratic party. The real extremes(or liberals if you will) i would consider the enviromental nuts who dont want any drilling whatsoever and those who demand the complete removal of all firearms. Neither of those are largely touched by modern Democrats.

Times have changed and Democrats have adapted while Republicans have been welcoming in more and more fringe movements. 4 years ago i would have considered John Boehner very conservative. Now the man looks like a moderate. So i wouldnt consider Democrats conservative, i would just consider how once "liberal" views are now not only accepted in our society but also taken for granted.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Its August already, have you been gearing up to defend against he upcoming "War on Christmas!!!!"?
    Nice try. I'm right...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice try. I'm right...
    That Obama is waging war on Christmas? Or is the the "war on religion!" that you are preparing for? You know with the creeping Sharia law and what not.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That Obama is waging war on Christmas? Or is the the "war on religion!" that you are preparing for? You know with the creeping Sharia law and what not.
    So all you STILL do is try to bait people? LOL, No bites here.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So all you STILL do is try to bait people? LOL, No bites here.
    Of course not, im merely pointing out how you dont have a leg to stand on.

You were the one to bring up how "liberals play the race card" or how they bemoan "class warfare", and i was pointing out that conservatives do the same thing. Conservatives cry wolf(recall Foxnews vehement frustration with Obama supposedly conducting war on the "successful" and Republicans recent "chains" denouncements) about the same things liberals do but they dont stop with the two subjects you brought up. We've spent 4 years being promised that democrats are trying to take away christmas and impose Sharia law and how the government has Muslim Brotherhood members and all sorts of other nonsense. Fear mongering only loses its effects the longer nothing happens.

If your going to point the finger about "parties" make sure your not standing in front of a mirror.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The difference is there are no liberal leaders spearheading the actions of these dumbasses. You've got Bachmann accusing congresswomen of conspiring with the Muslim brotherhood because of their last name, you've got governors passing laws that say pregnancy begins BEFORE conception, you've got Palin appearing on Fox News weekly with some ridiculous nonsense if the day, whether it be racism, conspiracy theories, or whatever the flavor the week is, etc. Of course we know there are always stupid people, in all groups, but "conservatives" are being led by these idiots, which breeds crap like pictures of Obama being strung up. It's sickening...
    Which of these "idiots" has anything to do with the Obama rope? This is as bad of a leap of the poster with same antithapy but isntead directed against liberals and class warfare race card, etc. is why Mia Long gets called a ******, whore, token, etc.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Which of these "idiots" has anything to do with the Obama rope? This is as bad of a leap of the poster with same antithapy but isntead directed against liberals and class warfare race card, etc. is why Mia Long gets called a ******, whore, token, etc.
    No one directly. But when you have leaders who openly express hate, such as Bachmann and Palin, it's not surprising that stuff like this pops up. The fact that people like Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, and Michelle Bachmann were serious candidates for the Presidency speaks volumes. Obviously, after getting smashed by Obama in 2008, we knew the least extreme of the candidates, Romney, was going to get the nod this year. But it's terrifying that at separate points in the year, Bachmann, Cain, and Santorum all held national leads.

That's what I mean when I say rational, intelligent conservatives need to take their party back. The best candidate the GoP had to offer this year, Huntsman, didn't even stand a chance. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Huntsman was the best candidate any party had to offer this year. The guy was intelligent, spoke eloquently, made it a point to be as bipartisan as possible, and was personable. So why wasn't this guy taken more seriously? He was the one candidate the GoP had to offer this year that could actually steal the independent vote, and no one gave him a second thought. Well, now we're going to have 4 more years of Obama since the Republican base doesn't approve of humility and compromise...
    Quote Quote