Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: The Official Vontae Has To Call His Grandma Thread

1. -121
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to beat a dead horse but the kid just got bad news, and only mentioned calling his grandma when Ireland asked if he was ok. It's not like he was shouting or demanding to call his grandma. He just simply said he wanted to call grandma, then under his breath he uttered and my brother. He was obviously upset and felt that his family could help him, hell I was upset watching it and haven't been able to shake how upset he was. Seeing a young vulnerable man upset like that kinda makes me wish we didn't do hardknocks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindan View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse but the kid just got bad news, and only mentioned calling his grandma when Ireland asked if he was ok. It's not like he was shouting or demanding to call his grandma. He just simply said he wanted to call grandma, then under his breath he uttered and my brother. He was obviously upset and felt that his family could help him, hell I was upset watching it and haven't been able to shake how upset he was. Seeing a young vulnerable man upset like that kinda makes me wish we didn't do hardknocks.
    It's not what a grown man does.

It's what a child does.

That's the issue. He acted like a child.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phidget View Post
    We don't know his story. When you are a kid (albeit with a talent), you still react as a kid... This isn't like you and I getting a different job. He was told to call his new coach because they would want him on a plane right away... He won't get time to pack, find a house, or deal with a grandma he likely supports and might even live with him. For all we know, she could be highly dependent so the change of location on short notice may be VERY HARD to cope with.

The kid has huge talent, and may never realize it because he is not "worldly and mature".

I also wouldn't call someone a millionaire who is set for life based on 3 years of a late first round rookie contract. Guy will have made a few mill, but with family, housing, agents etc, he is not a Bill Gates, just a well to do guy that had his rug pulled out.

I wish we hadn't had to trade him, but either way I wish him nothing but the best. Good Kid, played hard, made some mistakes.

Too bad we didn't keep him and unload Dansby and his "the world owes me something" attitude.
    My son is in the Army.

He's just turned 21.

Cry me a ****ing river about children, and choices, and, extraious bull****.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    It's not what a grown man does.

It's what a child does.

That's the issue. He acted like a child.
    Now Vontae can go act like a kid in Indy. Bye Bye douchebag. Here I'll even give you a couple quarters to call Grandma from me to you. You want a bus ticket and blanky too? Get the **** outta here, "I gotta call Grandama".
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote