Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Official Vontae Has To Call His Grandma Thread

1. -101
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by PolitePolite View Post
    What a weird guy.
    You might wanna look in the
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    PHINS'09!! :D

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to beat a dead horse at this point, but I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that money doesn't take away your right to be a person.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.
    probably as professional as asking Dez bryant if his mother was a prostitute.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Im someone thats a HUGE fan of non-politically correct humor and such, and even I cant find this funny. And you guys criticizing Vontae...just wow. Flynryan's post about his grandma being a travel agent was literally the only funny post in this entire thread.

i think most of the people laughing and criticizing probably havent seen half the **** in their lives that Vontae has seen. Right off the bat, he was raised by his grandma which means he has no conventional family structure. He is probably closer to his grandma than he is to anyone. Is it really such a big surprise that when he receives some of the most shocking and life altering news of his life, he tries to call her? God damn.
    I agree...im sure the people laughing and criticising have never heard, or been put in a position that can alter your life in a second. yea he has millions, and is a football player, but still human. going to a place, city that you have no clue about is not a easy task and his grandma is probably the only one he feels he can trust you help him through it. If he was a ***hole and idiot like you all are makeing him out to be...he would have called his brother (vernon) and say " dawg guess what, im off this sinking ship "
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked the part about the coach destroying VD on that pass interference play. I said the other day, that was whack! You dont pull the guy backwards by jersey and step in front!!!

Its so damn obvious! Never seen anything like it before. Obviously, VD has issues. dysfunctionality. good luck with Indy. We got ourselves a deal for the long haul.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...
    This ****ty thread should have been closed after this post. Excellent Locke.

The sad part is watching people who literally have no clue what hardships Vontae has been through his life process his reaction like that is an indication of his intelligence. The man's brother is in jail for murder and now his whole life and surroundings are being changed and he's going to the person that raised him for direction and guidance. I just can't see the humility in that.

Maybe because my mom was allowed to go to LA and Vegas when she was younger and I was literally raised by my grandma, in a house of 10 cousins, brothers and sisters. Personally, I have a combination of 3 brothers and sisters and my 2 brothers are in prison while my sister has been out of prison for almost a decade. My grandma has passed on now, but when she was alive I went to her anytime I did anything . . . new female I'm talking to, new car, school grades . . . hell we even talked Dolphins football because she loved them . . .she is the one that always made things that seem wrong, logical and right and that kind of love and understanding is something 99% of the posters on this board clearly will never understand.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Maybe his Grandma is a travel agent?

In a thread full of immature posters, this was the type of humor that shows off the wittiness of some of the posters here on Finheaven.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Waldorf, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Wasn't intentionally rude by Vontae, but that is the way it comes across. Perhaps it is just immaturity or not knowing how to deal with these kind of things, but in the business world that is not the way you do things. I understand the NFL isn't your typical business, but it is still a business. If Reggie Bush would get traded tomorrow, I doubt the first thing he would say in the meeting is that he needs to call his grandma. I think he would understand that you finish the meeting with Ireland, than call grandma once you leave his office.

Not a big deal though, I am not going to justify the trade by what he said in the meeting with Ireland, it just shows to me that the talk that he is immature is true.
    This. If you're called into the General Manager's office and he tells you that you have to go to Indy to work in the Indy office of whatever business you are in, you don't immediately reach in your pocket and call anyone, you finish the conversation - collect all the details and then you make all the calls you need when the meeting is done. Vontae is immature..not bad. I wish him well and suspect he will grow up (as everyone does) and do just fine for the Colts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I laughed because it was funny and i don't feel bad because he's a millionaire and they understand it's very much a part of the deal.

"ima call my gam gams"

Lol
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville,Al
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reguarless of what he wanted to do at the time he was told by Ireland, Everyone of you who bashed him should be ashamed. He's still a kid and most likely a mama's boy and thats his deal dont bash him for being young.If you all got fired today and didnt expect it youd be devistated. He gave his fair share to us and thats all we can ask for. Good luck in Indy and i hope you prove us wrong.
    Quote Quote