Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Official Vontae Has To Call His Grandma Thread

1. -111
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan_md View Post
    This. If you're called into the General Manager's office and he tells you that you have to go to Indy to work in the Indy office of whatever business you are in, you don't immediately reach in your pocket and call anyone, you finish the conversation - collect all the details and then you make all the calls you need when the meeting is done. Vontae is immature..not bad. I wish him well and suspect he will grow up (as everyone does) and do just fine for the Colts.

yes you are right...your first reaction should not be to reach for a phone...but do you do the right thing everytime it happens the first time? Immature??? maybe he is, but not in this situation...he was just in shock and did what any human would do when you get bad news...you reach out to get comfort or guidence. just funny how people can call a person immature but not be in thats person shoes. Immatureity is watching a show, and judging a man without knowing his feelings.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    I laughed because it was funny and i don't feel bad because he's a millionaire and they understand it's very much a part of the deal.

"ima call my gam gams"

Lol
    I keep seeing the millionaire thing come up in here, but I cant see how its even relevant.

Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread is jam packed with classless turds.

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just by his tone you could tell he was completely sincere and not trying to be rude. The kid is 24 yrs old with likely no family in Miami. I think the first reaction of many people would be to call the only family/support they have.

Let's give the kid a break and wish him the best in Indy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Davis is going to help the colts win games. I am going to go out on a limb and say he makes it to the pro bowl. The colts will end up with a better record than the dolphins. And the dolphins will receive the 42nd pick in the draft for davis.
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some folks on here are a bunch *******..........come on man. The guy has all world talent and can't get his **** together after 10 or more warnings. Hey guess what VD? You didn't heed the warnings and now you are traded. Big deal. Some of you folks need to sack up and hold the guy responsible for his actions.
    It's HIS fault ok? Plain and simple.
    You are out there making 30k and this kid is a millionaire and you feel SORRY for him? GTFO
    REEEEEEALLY?

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I keep seeing the millionaire thing come up in here, but I cant see how its even relevant.
    Here let me simplify it for you-------- when you are paid that kind of money there are expectations placed upon you, which is fair. He didn't live up to those expectations despite repeated warnings to get himself straightened out. Therefore you get called in to the office and told you are traded.
    It's that simple.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    Here let me simplify it for you-------- when you are paid that kind of money there are expectations placed upon you, which is fair. He didn't live up to those expectations despite repeated warnings to get himself straightened out. Therefore you get called in to the office and told you are traded.
    It's that simple.
    My point isnt the trade. Trades happen. I know. The point is that its a tough thing for the player regardless of how much money they make. They are being uprooted and told to move on very short notice. Id imagine a lot of players have similar reactions of shock. And lets not act like he was some out of control cancer. Dude was immature at times here, but hes 24. Yes, he shouldnt have shown up for work hungover, but Ive done that. The trade is what it is, but Vontae seems like an OK guy and I think his reaction was probably a relatively common one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    My point isnt the trade. Trades happen. I know. The point is that its a tough thing for the player regardless of how much money they make. They are being uprooted and told to move on very short notice. Id imagine a lot of players have similar reactions of shock. And lets not act like he was some out of control cancer. Dude was immature at times here, but hes 24. Yes, he shouldnt have shown up for work hungover, but Ive done that. The trade is what it is, but Vontae seems like an OK guy and I think his reaction was probably a relatively common one.
    This clip and the Ochocinco clip are surely painful to watch- I can agree with you on that one. It's hard to say if VD will flourish in the INdy system- he has had time here with us, and not much has changed. I don't dislike the guy, but on the other hand it's pretty awesome to see EXACTLY what goes on behind the scenes.
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We don't know his story. When you are a kid (albeit with a talent), you still react as a kid... This isn't like you and I getting a different job. He was told to call his new coach because they would want him on a plane right away... He won't get time to pack, find a house, or deal with a grandma he likely supports and might even live with him. For all we know, she could be highly dependent so the change of location on short notice may be VERY HARD to cope with.

The kid has huge talent, and may never realize it because he is not "worldly and mature".

I also wouldn't call someone a millionaire who is set for life based on 3 years of a late first round rookie contract. Guy will have made a few mill, but with family, housing, agents etc, he is not a Bill Gates, just a well to do guy that had his rug pulled out.

I wish we hadn't had to trade him, but either way I wish him nothing but the best. Good Kid, played hard, made some mistakes.

Too bad we didn't keep him and unload Dansby and his "the world owes me something" attitude.
    Quote Quote