Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 124

Thread: The Official Vontae Has To Call His Grandma Thread

  1. -51
    SebasMiamiFan's Avatar
    This Is My House

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    14,471
    vCash:
    6544
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just delete the thread






    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,202
    vCash:
    129778
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    tcdrover's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,121
    vCash:
    4582
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vontae is like a little kid, he LOVES football.

    He just isn't very bright or very mature.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    561
    vCash:
    761
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.
    Completely agree. His reaction was bizarre, as was his play on the field (the horrific penalty last game). Lets hope Ireland can do something with that early (hopefully) 2nd round pick next year.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,423
    vCash:
    1905
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing wrong with Vontae wanting to call his grandma, but the timing of it was the issue. His conversation with Ireland wasn't even close to being over and Vontae wanted to make a phone call.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    16,311
    vCash:
    108562
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.
    I don't think it was a lack of professionalism as much as it is a lack of knowing better. He seems very naive or even childlike as others have pointed out.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,856
    vCash:
    5318
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

    This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,856
    vCash:
    5318
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.
    Nubs, that's not rude. That's a confused kid not knowing what to do, and going straight to what he has probably done his entire life; call his grandma. I'd stake my entire education in psychology that it had nothing to do with being rude, and everything about instinctively doing what he has done his entire life...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    SizzlingFins04's Avatar
    The Futures of the NFL

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2010
    Posts:
    406
    vCash:
    1113
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

    This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...
    Thank you, finally a handful of people on this board that have some sense.
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

    Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,202
    vCash:
    129778
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Nubs, that's not rude. That's a confused kid not knowing what to do, and going straight to what he has probably done his entire life; call his grandma. I'd stake my entire education in psychology that it had nothing to do with being rude, and everything about instinctively doing what he has done his entire life...
    Wasn't intentionally rude by Vontae, but that is the way it comes across. Perhaps it is just immaturity or not knowing how to deal with these kind of things, but in the business world that is not the way you do things. I understand the NFL isn't your typical business, but it is still a business. If Reggie Bush would get traded tomorrow, I doubt the first thing he would say in the meeting is that he needs to call his grandma. I think he would understand that you finish the meeting with Ireland, than call grandma once you leave his office.

    Not a big deal though, I am not going to justify the trade by what he said in the meeting with Ireland, it just shows to me that the talk that he is immature is true.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. MERGED X10,000: JJ Watts /Vontae's grandma
    By Xbrett82us in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
  2. Time to call out Vontae davis
    By MarshallFin1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 11:29 PM
  3. Official Finheaven Conference Call
    By Wombat in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
  4. *** The Official VONTAE DAVIS Thread *** We got him!!!
    By TrinidadDolfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •