Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Vontae Has To Call His Grandma Thread

1. -51
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just delete the thread

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vontae is like a little kid, he LOVES football.

He just isn't very bright or very mature.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.
    Completely agree. His reaction was bizarre, as was his play on the field (the horrific penalty last game). Lets hope Ireland can do something with that early (hopefully) 2nd round pick next year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing wrong with Vontae wanting to call his grandma, but the timing of it was the issue. His conversation with Ireland wasn't even close to being over and Vontae wanted to make a phone call.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't think it was a lack of professionalism as much as it is a lack of knowing better. He seems very naive or even childlike as others have pointed out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nubs, that's not rude. That's a confused kid not knowing what to do, and going straight to what he has probably done his entire life; call his grandma. I'd stake my entire education in psychology that it had nothing to do with being rude, and everything about instinctively doing what he has done his entire life...
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...
    Thank you, finally a handful of people on this board that have some sense.
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Nubs, that's not rude. That's a confused kid not knowing what to do, and going straight to what he has probably done his entire life; call his grandma. I'd stake my entire education in psychology that it had nothing to do with being rude, and everything about instinctively doing what he has done his entire life...
    Wasn't intentionally rude by Vontae, but that is the way it comes across. Perhaps it is just immaturity or not knowing how to deal with these kind of things, but in the business world that is not the way you do things. I understand the NFL isn't your typical business, but it is still a business. If Reggie Bush would get traded tomorrow, I doubt the first thing he would say in the meeting is that he needs to call his grandma. I think he would understand that you finish the meeting with Ireland, than call grandma once you leave his office.

Not a big deal though, I am not going to justify the trade by what he said in the meeting with Ireland, it just shows to me that the talk that he is immature is true.
    Quote Quote