Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Official Vontae Has To Call His Grandma Thread

1. -81
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vontae had that deer in the headlights look. I mean come on guys, he hears trade rumors circulating then to be called in and the rumors are confirmed to b true. the kid is a bit immature but he wasn't rude. He seemed shocked and nervous. I believe Vontae is a good kid, great athlete that just needs to grow up. Maybe these lessons will help him out. Sad to watch tho. One of our own leaving on these terms
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not that it really matters (it definitely doesn't), but I for one a devastated by this trade. Vontae was one of my favorite players, and I hate that this coaching regime and Ireland think these guys are this easily disposable. If Smith resorts to soft tackling and Marshall shows he isnt a starting corner, then what? The way things have gone I can see us drafting a cornerback in the first round next year. It's ridiculous
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traptses View Post
    Nothing to do with being "too sensitive." it's a tad childish to call someone a "weirdo" because they want to tell the closest family member they have, that they've been traded. A lot of A-holes on this board, if you ask me
    The problem with people is that they NEVER stop to think how they would feel if it was them. 'Oh big deal, he's a millionaire', he'll get over it and **** a hot chick'. Yeah, well he's still a human being with human emotions and feelings. It would suck to have to receive news like that, I don't care who you are. That's the biggest problem with most people- they're so quick to judge others without stopping to think how THEY would react in a similar situation. And that's why people ****ing blow.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Don't try to spin this as an age thing. Vontae is definitely extremely immature and childlike for a 24 year old. He clearly has issues that are not normal.
    W-H-I-C-H/ I-S/ O-N-E/ O-F /T-H-E /F-A-C-T-O-R-S/ T-H-A-T /M-A-K-E-S /T-H-E /M-O-M-E-N-T/ A-S /T-O-U-G-H /T-O /W-A-T-C-H /A-S/ I-T /I-S.

Again, not rude, not funny- sad.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    when did 24 year old become kids? I don't think anyone actually thinks the situation was funny. The reaction was bizarre or wierd that was obvious.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well now that this garbage thread seems to be coming to an end can we get back to talking about football?
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Lake MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IluvJuMiami View Post
    Wow. You may want to schedule an appointment with a therapist. i am not trying to disrespect or insult you. If you interpreted the look on Vontae's face as he didn't care, you might have some personal stuff to work out. I am not even trying to be funny right now.

Stay away from poker tables, though. (okay, had to try and add a little levity because sheesh)
    Did you see the look on Jeff's face when he said we traded Vontae for two pick!?! I need to fly down to Miami for Minnesota and give Jeff a good whooping! Vontae show us fins fans how humble of a person he was by shaking Jeff's hand and patting him on the back before he left!

I can't wait until Vontae and the Colts play us this year and he shuts us down
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was an awkward moment. He looked shocked and scared at the same time...almost the look someone would give when they get in trouble. I also tend to agree it seemed as if he didnt want to leave. Maybe he was in a comfort zone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it definetly looked as if he didn't want to leave. His world was rocked for sure. For him though, it may be a blessing in disguise. The colts will turn their team around long before we do. Hard for him to see it now but I bet soon enough he won't still wish he was here.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Some of you are garbage. This thread is shocking. The kid has spent his entire career as a Dolphin, he's devastated to find out he's been traded from them and this is how you react? I am a very different fan than some of you and I'm happy for that. Just a new low.
    In the sea of BS that this thread is I am glad someone brought some sense into it. Thank you for that post Mogwai.
    Quote Quote