Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Predict the Jets 2012 season

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-11 or worse

6 26.09%
  • 6-10

5 21.74%
  • 7-9

5 21.74%
  • 8-8

1 4.35%
  • 9-7

2 8.70%
  • 10-6

2 8.70%
  • 11-5

1 4.35%
  • 12-4 or better

1 4.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets 2012 Season Predictions

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    In the Carolina game, the Jets first team ran plays intended to make the offense be more productive unlike the previous preseason outings; it wasn't vanilla by a long shot.
    Jets offense was in scoring position five times. Three dropped passes killed two drives. A 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 stop by Carolina killed the 3rd drive. Penalties killed two other drives. Offense in general showed plenty.

Howard looked better than Hunter because he got help the entire time he was in there pass blocking from Conners. Sparano left Hunter to face JPP all on his own in the Giants game.
    "-----By my evaluation, after studying the video, Howard didn't allow any QB pressures while playing with the starting unit -- a total of 21 drop-backs. Here's a breakdown of how he fared in different pass-protection situations:

Isolated vs. pass rusher -- 13 plays. On nine of the plays, Howard blocked DE Charles Johnson, the Panthers' best pass rusher. He was on an island, left alone versus a guy making $76 million over six years. Howard held his own, showing nice lateral quickness on Johnson's outside rushes. Johnson had a knee scope in the offseason and he said recently he's still not 100 percent, so maybe that was a factor.

'Chipping' help vs. pass rusher -- Four plays. On the Jets' first play, Howard got big-time help from FB John Conner, who blasted Johnson while leaking out on a pass route. It was like the Jets were trying to send a message, telling the Panthers they weren't going to allow them to do what the Giants did to Wayne Hunter the previous week. NBC's Cris Collinsworth, on the game telecast, picked up on that immediately. Conner chipped Howard's man on three other occasions.

Double team vs. pass rusher -- One play. They used Howard in tandem with RG Brandon Moore to block DE Antwan Applewhite.-----"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ds-performance

Perhaps watch the game next time. 13 plays playing on an island against Panthers best pass rusher out of 18 accounted plays.

Yeah, Sanchez threw downfield some, but at least twice, on thirds and long, he threw his short to his check-down for 3 or 4 yards. That's what he's been doing his entire career, and defenses know it. Hill dropped one pass and deflected another one that resulted in an INT; a deep threat is only one if DBs respect his ability to catch the ball.
    He threw where receivers were open. Previous three seasons, he'd force passes in to double and triple coverages and get picked off. As for Hill, I hope DBs don't respect his deep threat. It'll only be better for the Jets. Hill will make the toughest catches, while dropping one hitting him in the numbers. It's a mental thing. I know another player that had this issue. His name is Braylon. By the time he left the Jets, he became one of the most sure handed WRs in the NFL. He had just one drop in the entire 2010 season. Drops can be fixed.

The Jets running game was unimpressive. They couldn't punch the ball in from the 7 yard line against a Carolina team that's hardly a defensive juggernaut.
    That I'll agree. However, we can't be any worse than last year. We had a few OL injuries as well that contributed.

The Jets defense is NOT the problem. The Jets offense is. Big time. It will pull down the defense. If a team cannot field a decent offense, it's NOT making the playoffs from the AFC unless it wins a crappy division, which is what the Donkeys did last year. They won 8 games, and only took the division because Oakland lost their last game.
    I think this Jets D will be the best Rex is yet to field for the Jets. The way Coples has played in games, it just adds to the already strong D. The offense only needs to be average to win games. Thats how the Jets are built. Great D with average O. And as much as I hated the Donkeys and wanted Tebow to lose big time, they did beat Steelers in the playoffs, and that too with their offense. In fact, their D was average last year statistically, contrary to the popular belief.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    4-12........ This team reeks of it.........
    Sorry, not talking about the Bills here.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    4-12........ This team reeks of it.........
    You should know what a 4-12 team looks like, if you think this team wins 4 games you haven't been watching enough of the Bills the last decade +.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was very vanilla and our starters badly outplayed Carolina's starters on both sides of the ball.
    It was NOT "vanilla" in the least. Sparano was show casing his offense's "best" plays, including chip blocks to make Howard look better than he was. Furthermore, "badly out playing" a team that was 6-10 last season and still being unable to score a TD through 3 quarters when a team is trying desperately to do so is a big red flag IMO, but I suppose it's NOT very worrisome in that alternate universe that you inhabit.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    15-1 with another AFCCG appearance cementing this team as the team of the decade

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    It was NOT "vanilla" in the least. Sparano was show casing his offense's "best" plays, including chip blocks to make Howard look better than he was. Furthermore, "badly out playing" a team that was 6-10 last season and still being unable to score a TD through 3 quarters when a team is trying desperately to do so is a big red flag IMO, but I suppose it's NOT very worrisome in that alternate universe that you inhabit.
    he wasn't showcasing anything, yeah they gave Howard help on a couple of plays but most of that half he was 1 on 1.

6-10 a year ago, carolina is expected to be a playoff contender THIS YEAR.

Points in preseason do not matter, we moved it up and down the field. I'd be more concered if we moved it less and scored more.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    he wasn't showcasing anything, yeah they gave Howard help on a couple of plays but most of that half he was 1 on 1.

Points in preseason do not matter, we moved it up and down the field. I'd be more concered if we moved it less and scored more.
    Is it even possible to move less yet score more?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

For once why don't you have the balls call it?? What's the Jets record this season, make the call like big boy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pats 15-1
    Bills 10-6
    Jets 7-9
    Fins 4-12
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    For once why don't you have the balls call it?? What's the Jets record this season, make the call like big boy.
    The guy who only shows up when things are going well for NE is calling me out who has been here every game win or loss for almost a decade?

I already gave my predicitoon, do a search and find it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cheatriots: 12-4
    Jills: 7-9
    Fins: 6-10
    Jest 6-10