Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Predict the Jets 2012 season

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-11 or worse

6 26.09%
  • 6-10

5 21.74%
  • 7-9

5 21.74%
  • 8-8

1 4.35%
  • 9-7

2 8.70%
  • 10-6

2 8.70%
  • 11-5

1 4.35%
  • 12-4 or better

1 4.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets 2012 Season Predictions

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    It was NOT "vanilla" in the least. Sparano was show casing his offense's "best" plays, including chip blocks to make Howard look better than he was. Furthermore, "badly out playing" a team that was 6-10 last season and still being unable to score a TD through 3 quarters when a team is trying desperately to do so is a big red flag IMO, but I suppose it's NOT very worrisome in that alternate universe that you inhabit.
    Chip blocks on 4 plays, or did you miss that? The Jets offense is a concern and I hope it comes around. That being said, they won't need to score a bunch to beat the Bills. The D will keep your offense in check and I'm thinking 17 points will be more than enough.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's amusing that the same guys who bashed the Wildcat in 2008 now embrace it like its a savior.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    It's amusing that the same guys who bashed the Wildcat in 2008 now embrace it like its a savior.
    Times change.

For myself I still hate the WC but I kind of have to accept it since I don't have a choice.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    Chip blocks on 4 plays, or did you miss that? The Jets offense is a concern and I hope it comes around. That being said, they won't need to score a bunch to beat the Bills. The D will keep your offense in check and I'm thinking 17 points will be more than enough.
    First off, your offense's ability to score 17 points in any one game remains a real question mark, and especially in this one.
    • Mark Sanchez has had success against the Bills in the past because the Bills did NOT have a pass rush. Well, they've got one now -- and they can collapse OLs with just 4 guys. Sanchez is the kind of QB who is a sitting duck for teams like that because he can't make pre-snap reads, holds the ball too long, and panics when he sees the rush coming from the right side.
    • Your RBs don't often make many yards on their own, and your OL doesn't open up big holes for them. They are NOT explosive, especially Shonn Greene who wouldn't be much more than a backup RB on many, if NOT most, teams in the league. Because Sanchez likes to throw short, I suspect that the Bills will play their safeties up close to the LOS, further bottling up the running game.
    • Whatever new "wrinkles" Tony Sparano puts into the Jets single wing, the Bills have probably already seen since Sparano is NOT a very imaginative individual, and the guy who actually brought the wild cat into the NFL is David Lee, who now coaches the Bills QBs.
    • While the Jets were impressive in red zone efficiency last season, they don't have the same reliable targets for Sanchez this season. Burress caught 8 TD passes last season, and there's nobody on the Jets who has shown any ability to step up and make up that production.

As for the Jets mighty defense, the last time the Bills played the Jets, they were crippled on the OL, didn't have their best player Freddie Jackson, and had some street FAs playing WR and they still put up 20+ points on the Jets -- and Stevie Johnson dropped the winning TD pass after leaving Revis stranded on his island. I don't think the Bills are intimidated by the Jets defense.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First off, your offense's ability to score 17 points in any one game remains a real question mark, and especially in this one.
    • Mark Sanchez has had success against the Bills in the past because the Bills did NOT have a pass rush. Well, they've got one now -- and they can collapse OLs with just 4 guys. Sanchez is the kind of QB who is a sitting duck for teams like that because he can't make pre-snap reads, holds the ball too long, and panics when he sees the rush coming from the right side.
    • Your RBs don't often make many yards on their own, and your OL doesn't open up big holes for them. They are NOT explosive, especially Shonn Greene who wouldn't be much more than a backup RB on many, if NOT most, teams in the league. Because Sanchez likes to throw short, I suspect that the Bills will play their safeties up close to the LOS, further bottling up the running game.
    • Whatever new "wrinkles" Tony Sparano puts into the Jets single wing, the Bills have probably already seen since Sparano is NOT a very imaginative individual, and the guy who actually brought the wild cat into the NFL is David Lee, who now coaches the Bills QBs.
    • While the Jets were impressive in red zone efficiency last season, they don't have the same reliable targets for Sanchez this season. Burress caught 8 TD passes last season, and there's nobody on the Jets who has shown any ability to step up and make up that production.

As for the Jets mighty defense, the last time the Bills played the Jets, they were crippled on the OL, didn't have their best player Freddie Jackson, and had some street FAs playing WR and they still put up 20+ points on the Jets -- and Stevie Johnson dropped the winning TD pass after leaving Revis stranded on his island. I don't think the Bills are intimidated by the Jets defense.
    The Jets offense is defly a big question mark and I'm curious myself to see what it looks like in a real game. I really think you are totally underestimating the Jet's D. We have what's probably the best CB tandem in the league, safeties who both hit hard and play the run well and a DL that I believe is much improved and can stuff the run.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    The Jets offense is defly a big question mark and I'm curious myself to see what it looks like in a real game. I really think you are totally underestimating the Jet's D. We have what's probably the best CB tandem in the league, safeties who both hit hard and play the run well and a DL that I believe is much improved and can stuff the run.
    But that doesn't count. Not on this board. On this board, its all about what you can do in the preseason.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    But that doesn't count. Not on this board. On this board, its all about what you can do in the preseason.
    Also on this board, two AFC Champions APPEARANCES is better than actually MAKING the Super Bowl. Just sayin'.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

So you overpaid for Williams. Good. We'll see how can collapse OLs with 4 guys. Houston couldn't do it. Maybe Bills have special powers.

Jets RBs have the same OL as last year. Shonn managed a decent 4.2 average while reaching 1000 yards. He also had to deal with injuries to himself AND the OL. I hope the Bills play their safeties up close. They do have two of the NFLs best corners.

So the guy who brought the wildcat in to the NFL, couldn't do sh*t with it in Buffalo, but the guy who ran the option offense so well last year, gets discredited.

Too much stock in to the pre-season games? FYI, four of Sanchez' 5 TDs against Bills went to Santonio and Keller.

Sorry, almost forgot about those TDs off turnovers (int from Jets own EZ, and Cromartie punt muff around Jets 25). BTW, Freddie didn't do sh*t to win the game even when he was there. In case you forgot, you got a nice 27-11 whooping (which included a trash time TD for the Bills).

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Also on this board, two AFC Champions APPEARANCES is better than actually MAKING the Super Bowl. Just sayin'.

It is better than not winning a playoff game in over a decade...or in some cases, not even making the playoffs in over a decade.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I'll start:

1. Sun, Sep 9 vs Buffalo Bills --- W
    2. Sun, Sep 16 @ Pittsburgh Steelers --- L
    3. Sun, Sep 23 @ Miami Dolphins --- W
    4. Sun, Sep 30 vs San Francisco 49ers --- L
    5. Mon, Oct 8 vs Houston Texans --- L
    6. Sun, Oct 14 vs Indianapolis Colts ---W
    7. Sun, Oct 21 @ New England Patriots --- L
    8. Sun, Oct 28 vs Miami Dolphins --- W
    9. Bye Week
    10. Sun, Nov 11 @ Seattle Seahawks --- W
    11. Sun, Nov 18 @ St. Louis Rams --- W
    12. Thu, Nov 22 vs New England Patriots --- L
    13.Sun, Dec 2 vs Arizona Cards --- W
    14. Sun, Dec 9 @ Jacksonville Jags --- W
    15. Mon, Dec 17 @ Tennessee Titans --- W
    16. Sun, Dec 23 vs San Diego Chargers --- L
    17. Sun, Dec 30 @ Buffalo Bills --- W

Final: 10-6, 2nd in the AFC, Wild Card
    Jets are not beating the Seahawks!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post

You used to be a great poster on here, now all you do is post nonsense. Can we get the old shifty back?
    Quote Quote