Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: Jets claim Clyde Gates

  1. -51
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,317
    vCash:
    1381
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently the Jests are doing more dumpster diving for WRs. They have reportedly tried out ex-Dolphin Derek Hagan who played for part of last season for the Bills and was cut by them last week.

    Maybe somebody should explain to Mike Tannenbaum that the point of picking through the NFL scrapheap for future Super Bowl MVPs is to improve your team, so maybe he should look at the WRs that great passing teams like GB and NO cut rather than at the WRs that couldn't even make teams with, ahem, very modest passing games.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,871
    vCash:
    24381
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Kinzua: what you don't realize is that good organizations are always looking for players, kicking the tires, etc... We all know the great Buddy nix doesn't ned any more players, his roster is set in stone. The man is genius at building teams.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,317
    vCash:
    1381
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Kinzua: what you don't realize is that good organizations are always looking for players, kicking the tires, etc... We all know the great Buddy nix doesn't ned any more players, his roster is set in stone. The man is genius at building teams.
    Actually, the Bills didn't sign anybody to their active roster from the last cuts, so no, they didn't pick through the NFL trash bin looking for players. Several of their cuts were signed by other teams however. They did sign several practice squad players from other teams.

    Buddy Nix also didn't babble on about holding a "mini draft" from final cuts like Mike Tannenbaum did.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,871
    vCash:
    24381
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Actually, the Bills didn't sign anybody to their active roster from the last cuts, so no, they didn't pick through the NFL trash bin looking for players. Several of their cuts were signed by other teams however. They did sign several practice squad players from other teams.

    Buddy Nix also didn't babble on about holding a "mini draft" from final cuts like Mike Tannenbaum did.
    Good organizations are always bringing in players to take a look. Buddy's Bills don't fall into that category which is why you aren't bringing anyone in.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    15,666
    vCash:
    78448
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Good organizations are always bringing in players to take a look. Buddy's Bills don't fall into that category which is why you aren't bringing anyone in.
    Plenty of bad organizations bring in players to take a look, too. See: Jets, New York.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    JETSJETSJETS's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    909
    vCash:
    1157
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Apparently the Jests are doing more dumpster diving for WRs. They have reportedly tried out ex-Dolphin Derek Hagan who played for part of last season for the Bills and was cut by them last week.

    Maybe somebody should explain to Mike Tannenbaum that the point of picking through the NFL scrapheap for future Super Bowl MVPs is to improve your team, so maybe he should look at the WRs that great passing teams like GB and NO cut rather than at the WRs that couldn't even make teams with, ahem, very modest passing games.
    Mike wants to send you a thank you note for Maybin. Wasn't he part of one of the worst defense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Actually, the Bills didn't sign anybody to their active roster from the last cuts, so no, they didn't pick through the NFL trash bin looking for players. Several of their cuts were signed by other teams however. They did sign several practice squad players from other teams.

    Buddy Nix also didn't babble on about holding a "mini draft" from final cuts like Mike Tannenbaum did.
    Actually, good teams kick every tire they can. See the Patriots. They have brought in and looked at every TE on earth. Bills? They think they are too good and don't need any more help to win that SB they have been desiring for their entire lives. Good luck with that. It has worked for you guys so well in the past, Im sure it won't disappoint you this year either.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,871
    vCash:
    24381
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Plenty of bad organizations bring in players to take a look, too. See: Jets, New York.
    Yep our bad organization that has the most playoff wins in the league under the current regime.

    Can you guys ever remove your hatred/jealousy of us when you discuss us?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    15,666
    vCash:
    78448
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yep our bad organization that has the most playoff wins in the league under the current regime.

    Can you guys ever remove your hatred/jealousy of us when you discuss us?
    It's okay there, sport, everything will be okay. Let me just pat your head and tousle your hair.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,921
    vCash:
    7522
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Good organizations are always bringing in players to take a look. Buddy's Bills don't fall into that category which is why you aren't bringing anyone in.
    Nothing good is coming out of Miami's seconds at the wide receiver position........you cannot kick the tires if there are none on the car.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,871
    vCash:
    24381
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Nothing good is coming out of Miami's seconds at the wide receiver position........you cannot kick the tires if there are none on the car.
    Gates has speed, what we lacked last year was speed. he may never do anything for us but I know we liked him coming into the draft a couple of years ago and it doesn't hurt to pick him up. No one thought we'd get anything out of Aaron Maybin either, we'll see what happens.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Clyde Classless Gates
    By NYPhin24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM
  2. Clyde Gates
    By mandal24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 11:04 PM
  3. Is It One And Done For Clyde Gates?
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 03:00 PM
  4. Clyde Gates: Saints Fan?
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
  5. Clyde Gates
    By datruth55 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •