Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since We Wont Draft Barkley

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anybody heard, or think about how stupid it would be to pick up back to back top 10 QBs? Dump the 1st one, before giving him a fair shot with REAL ammo, not the worst WR corps in the NFL? Not very smart...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, I hope we're not that bad. I can definitely see picking top 5-10, though. I think Keenan Allen would be a nice selection. It's either a wide receiver or a pass rusher like Barkovious (sp) Mingo.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we get the #1 overall pick I think we would have to consider trading it down for a boatload of picks. We are NOT one player or one great QB away from being a contender. We need a lot of help on both sides of the line of scrimmage. I do like Woods and Allen, both great Pac-10 Receivers, but I think a trade down might be for the best. But this is still 7 months away.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only way Miami picks Barkley 1st next year is if 2007 happens again. I know it's hard to believe, but the 2012 team isn't that bad.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    SMH......Matt Barkley. Can some one tell me the last time a USC QB was any good in the NFL
    You never heard of Carson Palmer, the #1 overall pick of the 2003 NFL draft? He was pretty good (2 pro bowls) until suffering a severe knee injury during the 2006 postseason. He was still pretty good afterward, but never quite developed into the elite QB he looked to be developing into prior to the injury. Still, he's a QB from USC that is "good" as you put it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trade down, get a late 1st round furious pass rusher, then with the 3 2nds get:
    2 best WR on the board
    1 Best TE on the Board
    and with our 2 3rd rounders, CB and S.....hows that for the first 3 rounds??
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    You never heard of Carson Palmer, the #1 overall pick of the 2003 NFL draft? He was pretty good (2 pro bowls) until suffering a severe knee injury during the 2006 postseason. He was still pretty good afterward, but never quite developed into the elite QB he looked to be developing into prior to the injury. Still, he's a QB from USC that is "good" as you put it.
    People talk about the knee injury, but that was in his 3rd NFL season. He never missed a game because of that. He came back throwing 28 and 26 TDs in the next 2 seasons. What killed Palmer was the 2008 season, where people forget he tore up his elbow and had to have Tommy John Surgery. He came back the next year with 21 TDs but he wasn't the same guy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEIII View Post
    Do not rule out Barkley just yet my friend.
    Even if we do have the 1st pick, we will trade down for a bonanza of picks.

I like Barkley....but you have to look at the awesome corp of receivers he has, he often just throws it up for grabs and his receivers are so much better than the guys covering them that they go get the ball.

Not dumping on Barkley, but I do think he gets a bit more credit than maybe he deserves.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    If you read my post, you will see that i did mention him in a reasonably positive manner.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote