Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: republicans harp on absence.of god from dnc

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

republicans harp on absence.of god from dnc

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/paul-ryan...atic-platform/

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

He must have missed the speeches about faith, I heard God bless several times
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We don't need to be a religious state.
    I am for the separation of church and state.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/paul-ryan...atic-platform/

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

He must have missed the speeches about faith, I heard God bless several times
    They have nothing else. The Republicans have no platform, no vision. So they put the fear monkey in place: Obama will kill Christianity and install an Islamic government and Iran is going to nuke everybody.
    The promise of creating 12 Million jobs was also unexplained. Maybe through labor camps once they started rounding up illegal immigrants and some atheist and some Muslims. Who knows.

I have learned one thing: the best Christians are the ones who live their religion quietly, go to church and keep the religion with them. They live it through their hearts.
    The ones who have a constant need to blabber it out, and call everybody who doesn't join their chorus 'anti-god' and 'anti-american' are the people of the least faith. They are trying to emphasize their faith by constantly proclaiming how faithful they are to mask their own deficiencies and think they can mask their own flaws and sins the louder they scream.

The Republicans have forgotten one thing though. The pilgrims once reached these shores in an effort to get away from religious governments and religious doctrines governing their every day life. They sought the freedom to live their lives regardless of what religion each practiced.
    Our constitution is perfectly about the separation of government and church.

Our 1st Amendment is pretty clear. Republicans and religious nuts always refer to the 1st Amendment and say that it only says that government can not forbid religion. Now I am not a constitutional scholar but I did learn, way back then, that the there is an 'establishment clause' in it as well as an 'free exercise clause'. The line 'congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion' is the establishment clause in effect disallowing the government to indoctrinate us with religion and the phrase 'or prohibiting free exercise thereof...' is the free exercise clause which allows people to live their religion.

Now I also learned about a treaty in which the Senate also specified the United States and government. To be honest, I remember that only vaguely since my school and college years are a few decades ago. So I had to actually look it up.

It was the 'Treaty of Tripolis' in 1797 in which the US Senate declared in its first line:
    As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
    I think education some 20 plus years back was much better. Which brings us to the education threads.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Our 1st Amendment is pretty clear. Republicans and religious nuts always refer to the 1st Amendment and say that it only says that government can not forbid religion. Now I am not a constitutional scholar but I did learn, way back then, that the there is an 'establishment clause' in it as well as an 'free exercise clause'. The line 'congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion' is the establishment clause in effect disallowing the government to indoctrinate us with religion and the phrase 'or prohibiting free exercise thereof...' is the free exercise clause which allows people to live their religion.
    I agree with your post, but i just have one thing to say that is often overlooked:

Even if the founding fathers had been more vague concerning the seperation of church and government, isnt seperating church and state just a damn good idea?
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good."

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God's back
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    God's back
    And he will be as gas goes towards 4 bucks a gallon.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote