Actually he has said all the right things for now but I am pretty certain that the first time he drives the Jets downfield into the RedZone then gets pulled for Tebow, he won't be a happy camper. And as this trend continues it will only get worse. As it should.
I originally thought that Woody Johnson wanted Tebow for his publicity value, but reading through the thread on Parcells and the 2009 draft yesterday, I "connected the dots" of some fragmentary facts that I happened to read about since last football season. Here they are:
- Tannenbaum and Ryan and some other Jets staff attended some kind of retreat/gathering with some unnamed individual who inspired them. Many Jets fans think that might have been Parcells.
- Tannenbaum is a Parcells worshipper.
- Rex Ryan is his father's son who thinks the offense is a necessary evil.
- Tannenbaum hired Tony Sparano, failed Miami HC and Parcells buddy/worshipper.
- Tannenbaum attempted to hire former Miami QB coach, David Lee, but he signed with the Bills.
- Tannenbaum signed FA QB Drew Stanton to be the Jets backup QB.
- Tannenbaum traded a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow and jettisoned Stanton after he complained.
- Ryan and Sparano continually yapped about how Tebow was going to get "up to 20 snaps" a game (which is about 1/3 of the offensive snaps).
- Ryan and Sparano then talked about using Tebow as a threat in the red zone.
- Except for picking WR Stephen Hill in the 2nd round, the Jets ignored their offense in the 2012 draft except for a couple of late round picks. Notably, Hill came out of a spread option offense in which passing was so limited that he caught fewer than 50 passes in his NCAA career.
- Ryan and Sparano held a "super secret" practice session to work on their "wild cat".
- The Jets first team offense looked inept in the preseason, failing to score a TD, but the players insist that they'll be good in the regular season. False bravado? Wishful thinking? Praying for the Miracle of the Single Wing/Wildcat?
I've mentioned before that I thought Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano were angling to eliminate the forward pass from the Jets offense, but I did that jokingly. Now, looking at all these pieces, I'm NOT joking. I think these idiots really believe their own delusions.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
Junc trusts his eyes and truths so the New York Post photo is wrong.
FWIW I created this one when Baby Jesus came to town..long before that cover.
Oh and as to the most disingenuous, clueless and embarrassing homer on this site (and it looks like on TGG also):
well...this entire post becomes pointless.
will kinzua and the other Bills fans show up today or disappear like usual?