Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic New York Post

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    But true. Now Holmes has come out and said buttfumble was stunned and questioned the trade for Tebow when he initially heard about it. No shock except to the homers who actually believe that buttfumble is not hurt deep down.
    who caeres if he was or still is hurt? All he has to do is perform.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    who caeres if he was or still is hurt? All he has to do is perform.
    Quite the change in thoughts my friend. You said words to the effect that buttfumble was the consummate team player who only wanted what's best for the team. Guess not huh?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quite the change in thoughts my friend. You said words to the effect that buttfumble was the consummate team player who only wanted what's best for the team. Guess not huh?
    Huh? I don't think I have ever said that but yes I do believe that. What does that have to do w/ him being confused when he heard about the deal? has he uttered a peep about it or has he been nothing but professional through the offseason, TC and preseason?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually he has said all the right things for now but I am pretty certain that the first time he drives the Jets downfield into the RedZone then gets pulled for Tebow, he won't be a happy camper. And as this trend continues it will only get worse. As it should.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But true. Now Holmes has come out and said buttfumble was stunned and questioned the trade for Tebow when he initially heard about it. No shock except to the homers who actually believe that buttfumble is not hurt deep down.
    As would anybody with half a brain, and while I don't think that buttfumble is a very good QB, he's NOT a moron, which is more than I can say for Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan. Those two are seriously delusional and moronic because they seem to really think that the single wing or wildcat can be a major part of a viable NFL offense -- and their desire to take the Jets offense back to the 1930s or whenever the single wing was last viable as a regular formation pre-dates Timmy Tebow.

I originally thought that Woody Johnson wanted Tebow for his publicity value, but reading through the thread on Parcells and the 2009 draft yesterday, I "connected the dots" of some fragmentary facts that I happened to read about since last football season. Here they are:

• Tannenbaum and Ryan and some other Jets staff attended some kind of retreat/gathering with some unnamed individual who inspired them. Many Jets fans think that might have been Parcells.
    • Tannenbaum is a Parcells worshipper.
    • Rex Ryan is his father's son who thinks the offense is a necessary evil.
    • Tannenbaum hired Tony Sparano, failed Miami HC and Parcells buddy/worshipper.
    • Tannenbaum attempted to hire former Miami QB coach, David Lee, but he signed with the Bills.
    • Tannenbaum signed FA QB Drew Stanton to be the Jets backup QB.
    • Tannenbaum traded a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow and jettisoned Stanton after he complained.
    • Ryan and Sparano continually yapped about how Tebow was going to get "up to 20 snaps" a game (which is about 1/3 of the offensive snaps).
    • Ryan and Sparano then talked about using Tebow as a threat in the red zone.
    • Except for picking WR Stephen Hill in the 2nd round, the Jets ignored their offense in the 2012 draft except for a couple of late round picks. Notably, Hill came out of a spread option offense in which passing was so limited that he caught fewer than 50 passes in his NCAA career.
    • Ryan and Sparano held a "super secret" practice session to work on their "wild cat".
    • The Jets first team offense looked inept in the preseason, failing to score a TD, but the players insist that they'll be good in the regular season. False bravado? Wishful thinking? Praying for the Miracle of the Single Wing/Wildcat?

I've mentioned before that I thought Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano were angling to eliminate the forward pass from the Jets offense, but I did that jokingly. Now, looking at all these pieces, I'm NOT joking. I think these idiots really believe their own delusions.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    As would anybody with half a brain, and while I don't think that buttfumble is a very good QB, he's NOT a moron, which is more than I can say for Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan. Those two are seriously delusional and moronic because they seem to really think that the single wing or wildcat can be a major part of a viable NFL offense -- and their desire to take the Jets offense back to the 1930s or whenever the single wing was last viable as a regular formation pre-dates Timmy Tebow.

I originally thought that Woody Johnson wanted Tebow for his publicity value, but reading through the thread on Parcells and the 2009 draft yesterday, I "connected the dots" of some fragmentary facts that I happened to read about since last football season. Here they are:

• Tannenbaum and Ryan and some other Jets staff attended some kind of retreat/gathering with some unnamed individual who inspired them. Many Jets fans think that might have been Parcells.
    • Tannenbaum is a Parcells worshipper.
    • Rex Ryan is his father's son who thinks the offense is a necessary evil.
    • Tannenbaum hired Tony Sparano, failed Miami HC and Parcells buddy/worshipper.
    • Tannenbaum attempted to hire former Miami QB coach, David Lee, but he signed with the Bills.
    • Tannenbaum signed FA QB Drew Stanton to be the Jets backup QB.
    • Tannenbaum traded a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow and jettisoned Stanton after he complained.
    • Ryan and Sparano continually yapped about how Tebow was going to get "up to 20 snaps" a game (which is about 1/3 of the offensive snaps).
    • Ryan and Sparano then talked about using Tebow as a threat in the red zone.
    • Except for picking WR Stephen Hill in the 2nd round, the Jets ignored their offense in the 2012 draft except for a couple of late round picks. Notably, Hill came out of a spread option offense in which passing was so limited that he caught fewer than 50 passes in his NCAA career.
    • Ryan and Sparano held a "super secret" practice session to work on their "wild cat".
    • The Jets first team offense looked inept in the preseason, failing to score a TD, but the players insist that they'll be good in the regular season. False bravado? Wishful thinking? Praying for the Miracle of the Single Wing/Wildcat?

I've mentioned before that I thought Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano were angling to eliminate the forward pass from the Jets offense, but I did that jokingly. Now, looking at all these pieces, I'm NOT joking. I think these idiots really believe their own delusions.
    We can only hope.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Junc trusts his eyes and truths so the New York Post photo is wrong.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

IRONIC

FWIW I created this one when Baby Jesus came to town..long before that cover.

Oh and as to the most disingenuous, clueless and embarrassing homer on this site (and it looks like on TGG also):

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well...this entire post becomes pointless.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    will kinzua and the other Bills fans show up today or disappear like usual?
    Quote Quote