Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: bill clinton speech

  1. -11
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    I still have trouble with the whole Clinton thing. I just don't think that sexual predators should be given a forum. He would have been fired had he been employed in any company in the US. Remember him saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." How do you trust another statement he makes thereafter about anything?
    Wow. Easy there boy. Sexual predator?????????
    He may have committed adultery (between two consenting adults) and may have lied (or straddled the line) in the hearing but a sexual predator?

    I hope you don't have anything against it that I call George W Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld lying mass murderers.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,795
    vCash:
    4860
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Wow. Easy there boy. Sexual predator?????????
    He may have committed adultery (between two consenting adults) and may have lied (or straddled the line) in the hearing but a sexual predator?

    I hope you don't have anything against it that I call George W Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld lying mass murderers.
    It's interesting to me that everyone's biggest gripe with Clinton was his sex life, which has absolutely nothing to do with the job the man did. I guess that makes him a pretty successful President...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    I still have trouble with the whole Clinton thing. I just don't think that sexual predators should be given a forum. He would have been fired had he been employed in any company in the US. Remember him saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." How do you trust another statement he makes thereafter about anything?
    Sexual predator? He got a blowjob from a grown woman.




    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,026
    vCash:
    20851
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    It's interesting to me that everyone's biggest gripe with Clinton was his sex life, which has absolutely nothing to do with the job the man did. I guess that makes him a pretty successful President...
    Yep. But it's the party with all the blow job scandals, adulteries, page-loving affairs, wide-stance toilet events who screams the loudest. Hilarious.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,894
    vCash:
    3532
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    I still have trouble with the whole Clinton thing. I just don't think that sexual predators should be given a forum. He would have been fired had he been employed in any company in the US. Remember him saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." How do you trust another statement he makes thereafter about anything?


    Lemme guess, Clinton let you down because he just couldnt live up to the embodiment of family values that is Newt Gingrich, right?

    edit: or was it Herman Cain who stole your heart and vote in the primary? You know, the pizza guy who wanted to show his employees what is means to have extra pepperoni.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post


    Lemme guess, Clinton let you down because he just couldnt live up to the embodiment of family values that is Newt Gingrich, right?

    edit: or was it Herman Cain who stole your heart and vote in the primary? You know, the pizza guy who wanted to show his employees what is means to have extra pepperoni.
    So the fact that men like that don’t even make it out of the Republican primary while men like that become the Democrats’ favorite presidents (Clinton and JFK) does what to prove your point? The fact that Clinton was having an affair while on the clock for the Tax Payers’ dime should be enough to get him fired, it would in any private company in the US. He was President (an employee of the people), not King.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,894
    vCash:
    3532
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    So the fact that men like that don’t even make it out of the Republican primary while men like that become the Democrats’ favorite presidents (Clinton and JFK) does what to prove your point? The fact that Clinton was having an affair while on the clock for the Tax Payers’ dime should be enough to get him fired, it would in any private company in the US. He was President (an employee of the people), not King.
    At any given time Cain and Gingrich led their polls. They were the front runners for their parties, Republican voters endorsed them, Republican politicians promoted them, Republican donors paid for their campaigns, and yet Republicans are the first to scream and cry when a man gets a blowjob. Those who throws rocks shouldnt live in glass houses.

    Clinton was an overwhelmingly good President. He did alot of good for this country. I could give a damn less what he does in his bedroom and who he does it with(i understand that regulating the bedroom is important for you though). If the choices are for a President to "abuse his powers" by getting a blowjob or a upcoming President who "abuses his power" by repeatedly cheating on his wife(s) and repeatedly demanding sexual favors from his employees in order for them to get promotions, i know which one is less damaging. Oh, and Newt Gingrich was in office when cheating on his wives, wheres the Tax Payer dime outrage?

    For the right to whine about sexual indiscretions is the absolute height of hypocrisy.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    At any given time Cain and Gingrich led their polls. They were the front runners for their parties, Republican voters endorsed them, Republican politicians promoted them, Republican donors paid for their campaigns,


    …and yet Republicans are the ones who chose Romany over these guys, I find it funny you didn’t mention that part.

    and yet Republicans are the first to scream and cry when a man gets a blowjob. Those who throws rocks shouldnt live in glass houses.


    Neither of those men did what they allegedly did while on the job, Clinton did. Therefore he deserved to get fired.

    Clinton was an overwhelmingly good President. He did alot of good for this country.


    Yeah it’s amazing how great of a job a President can do when they have a Republican controlled congress deciding which bills and legislation they need to sign.
    I could give a damn less what he does in his bedroom and who he does it with


    Me either, only problem is he didn’t do it in his bedroom, it was in his office while being paid by you and me, now that’s a problem.


    (i understand that regulating the bedroom is important for you though). If the choices are for a President to "abuse his powers" by getting a blowjob or a upcoming President who "abuses his power" by repeatedly cheating on his wife(s) and repeatedly demanding sexual favors from his employees in order for them to get promotions, i know which one is less damaging. Oh, and

    Newt Gingrich was in office when cheating on his wives, wheres the Tax Payer dime outrage?


    There’s no evidence Newt ever did any of that while “on the clock”, we have irrefutable evidence that Clinton did. If I did anything like that while at work and logging my time I’d get fired for sure (especially if I lied while under oath about it), so why not him?

    For the right to whine about sexual indiscretions is the absolute height of hypocrisy.


    Not at all, maybe for Newt to whine about it it’d be hypocrisy, but I have never done anything like that, nor have I ever endorsed anyone who did anything like that, so I can object to it without being a hypocrite. The guilty by association and hasty generalization fallacies aren’t anymore logically valid in here than anywhere else.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,894
    vCash:
    3532
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and yet Republicans
    Yes? And?

    are the ones
    Oh, ok, who?

    who chose Romany over these guys, I find it funny you didn’t mention that part.
    Eventually they did choose Romney over multiple sexual deviants. Clinton was well into office when his scandal came out, giving the voters no chance to renew his 4 years. Yet, Republicans who engage in sexual escapades lead their polls. Huh, funny how that works out. A Democrat is already in office and has no chance of being throw out, Republicans cry foul. Republicans engage in similar behavior, they lead the nation in polls. Damn amusing.

    Neither of those men did what they allegedly did while on the job, Clinton did. Therefore he deserved to get fired.
    Ugh, yes Gingrich did. He was a member of Congress in 1980 when he cheated on his first wife Jackie(as she was dying). In '93, he did it again to his second wife Marianne. He was in office for both events. Herman Cain was never in any sort of office, but while he ran his business he sexual harrassed his female employees.

    Yeah it’s amazing how great of a job a President can do when they have a Republican controlled congress deciding which bills and legislation they need to sign.
    You mean the same Republican controlled congress that shut down the government, which played a part in getting Clinton re-elected? The one in which Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House before being thrown out for ethics violations? Yeah, that was certainly a brilliant congress. Way to be.

    Me either, only problem is he didn’t do it in his bedroom, it was in his office while being paid by you and me, now that’s a problem.
    Oh, so you dont have a problem with the act, its where the act is performed? Fair enough. If he was standing, what, 20 feet to the left it would have been perfectly acceptable? How far is it to the bedroom, 100 yards? 200?

    There’s no evidence Newt ever did any of that while “on the clock”, we have irrefutable evidence that Clinton did. If I did anything like that while at work and logging my time I’d get fired for sure (especially if I lied while under oath about it), so why not him?
    Its already been established you dont understand what irrefutable evidence is, but again i'll refer to my earlier point. Act doesnt matter, location does. So Gingrich engaging in multiple affairs, one of which while his wife was in a hospital bed dying, is a-ok. Clinton getting a blowjob: release the hounds!!!!

    Not at all, maybe for Newt to whine about it it’d be hypocrisy, but I have never done anything like that, nor have I ever endorsed anyone who did anything like that, so I can object to it without being a hypocrite. The guilty by association and hasty generalization fallacies aren’t anymore logically valid in here than anywhere else.
    The party you endorse engages in the exact same behavior, much of the time worse. Yet you bash Democrats for "their favorite Presidents"(refering to all Democrats favorite presidents, not guilty by association or hasty generalizations there huh?) doing the exact same thing.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Eventually they did choose Romney over multiple sexual deviants.


    Alleged sexual deviants, there never was anything besides “hearsay” evidence on Cain which doesn’t prove much, especially considering Gloria Allred was representing the women.

    Clinton was well into office when his scandal came out, giving the voters no chance to renew his 4 years.


    You seem to forget that Clinton was Governor of Arkansas prior to President where he had built up quite a reputation for sexual misconduct, whether it was exposing himself to Paula Jones in 1991, raping Juanita Broaddrick in the Federal Courthouse, or having a 12 year affair with Gennifer Flowers. Not only this but the Whitewater scandal was revealed before the 1992 election as well, so Democrats don’t have any problem voting for a sexual deviant as well a financial crook ? Nice.


    Yet, Republicans who engage in sexual escapades lead their polls. Huh, funny how that works out.


    Yes, such Republicans lead their polls for a few weeks and then either suspend their campaigns due to pressure or just lose in the primary election, while democrats not only become President they become the most powerful leaders within their party. The comparison is not a great one to make on your part.

    A Democrat is already in office and has no chance of being throw out,


    Clinton was impeached, and came very close to being thrown out.

    Ugh, yes Gingrich did. He was a member of Congress in 1980 when he cheated on his first wife Jackie(as she was dying). In '93, he did it again to his second wife Marianne. He was in office for both events.


    Where’s your evidence he did any of this while on the job? Simply holding an office doesn’t mean you’re always on the clock or using government facilities.

    jHerman Cain was never in any sort of office, but while he ran his business he sexual harrassed his female employees.


    Where’s your evidence any of this ever even happened?
    You mean the same Republican controlled congress that shut down the government, which played a part in getting Clinton re-elected? The one in which Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House before being thrown out for ethics violations? Yeah, that was certainly a brilliant congress. Way to be.

    So you point to one member of congress and then commit the hasty generalization fallacy by assuming all members of congress were like him?

    Oh, so you dont have a problem with the act, its where the act is performed? Fair enough. If he was standing, what, 20 feet to the left it would have been perfectly acceptable? How far is it to the bedroom, 100 yards? 200?


    I don’t know, but if he does such things on his own time that’s not my concern, it’s his wife’s; however, do it on my dollar’s time or lie under oath and I have a right to be miffed.

    Its already been established you dont understand what irrefutable evidence is, but again i'll refer to my earlier point. Act doesnt matter, location does. So Gingrich engaging in multiple affairs, one of which while his wife was in a hospital bed dying, is a-ok. Clinton getting a blowjob: release the hounds!!!!


    One makes the man a jerk or rat; the other makes him a criminal so yes I have a problem when Clinton did it. You seem to live under the rule that as long as you’re doing a good job nothing else you do matters.

    The party you endorse engages in the exact same behavior, much of the time worse.


    Proof? There are millions of Republicans in this nation so it’s going to be a tall order for you to prove a majority of them do such things, but go for it.


    Yet you bash Democrats for "their favorite Presidents"(refering to all Democrats favorite presidents, not guilty by association or hasty generalizations there huh?) doing the exact same thing.


    Bill Clinton, JFK, and FDR are always at the top of Democratic polls concerning favorite US Presidents, so no hasty generalization here.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Clinton Speech and Factcheck.org
    By phins_4_ever in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM
  2. Bill Clinton won't reveal his speech for the Democratic convention.
    By Tetragrammaton in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
  3. Bill Clinton vs. heckler
    By Eshlemon in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:18 AM
  4. Bill Clinton to Appear on CNN At 10 PM ET
    By Blitz in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
  5. Bill Gates gives a speech to high school students.
    By PHANTASTIC 13 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •