Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin's true test will come in Week 2 . . .

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphin's true test will come in Week 2 . . .

Not even if we had a "good" team would we be expected to go in to Houston and beat many expert's super bowl favorites. Also, take into consideration that we have a rookie QB and new systems installed on defense and offense, it doesn't look good for us in week 1. I do feel the game will be closer than anticipated but that in the end Houston will still win comfortably.

It's going to be tough, but take a look at our schedule after that. Holy crap, there's a lot of winnable games coming up. We need to take the Houston game as another pre-season game and take our lumps and get better and start the real season off the next week. If this team doesn't get down they can get on a nice run.

Now, if they look like crap in week 2 then we are in for a long season. So, just be patient and lets see where we are in week 4 before jumping off the bridge. We will grow as a team this year and if we can keep it close maybe we can finish strong and shock some people. Remember, the talking heads are morons. It's never as bad or good as they predict.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can enter the bye with a winning schedule.

This alone would show that Philbin and company were the right hires and have made a positive difference.

If we're REALLY lucky all the manic depressed posters will be gone by then.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Left So Fla, never the Fins...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I sure hope that Joe Philbin and his staff aren't thinking this way... Don't worry about this week, next week is more important....?? With 16 games, each one is important. I suppose you'd like them to sit the veterans after the 1st quarter too ??
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I completely agree. I am getting myself mentally prepared to handle a total blowout vs Houston. I am surrounding myself with lots of nerf items, and pillows so when I have to throw something out of anger, I won't harm the TV or hurt my dog. I have even considered going by the animal shelter and picking up a free cat, so I will have something to kick in case I get TOO pissed off.

But if we come back home after the beat down and get blown out again vs the sad raiders then I will probably have to check into a institute for a few days. But at least after the raiders come the first of the "can't lose" games of the season. I don't care how bad we suck, North Dade High School would have a pretty easy time vs the jets. So at the very least we will start 1-2.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I completely agree. I am getting myself mentally prepared to handle a total blowout vs Houston. I am surrounding myself with lots of nerf items, and pillows so when I have to throw something out of anger, I won't harm the TV or hurt my dog. I have even considered going by the animal shelter and picking up a free cat, so I will have something to kick in case I get TOO pissed off.

But if we come back home after the beat down and get blown out again vs the sad raiders then I will probably have to check into a institute for a few days. But at least after the raiders come the first of the "can't lose" games of the season. I don't care how bad we suck, North Dade High School would have a pretty easy time vs the jets. So at the very least we will start 1-2.
    I dont know how anyone can get mentally prepared for a beating lol I guess that's what the pre-season was for...0-4 woohoo! Losing should come naturally now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if we don't go into every game ready to win as a organization, team, and fans .... we've already lost
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I certainly recognize that we are major underdogs in this game but I think we need to play balls out and play to win. We need to take calculated chances, go downfield frequently (I am not sure to whom), and trick play a lot. The one thing we have going for us is that no one has any idea what we are going to do...everything is new and no one has any tape on anything. We definitely have the element of surprise on our side and we need to use it to our advantage tremendously in this first game. We will get to see how good our coaching staff is by how this team shows up to play. Do not believe that Miami does not have a chance to pull off the upset but pray that Houston takes us for chumps...that is when upsets happen!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not saying we should go in and try to lose , just that we are probably going to lose. Even if we had a good team , we were probably going to lose. So, it's going to be hard to evaluate this team on that one game. ( even if we get blown out, which I dont think is going to happen) The game against the Raiders I think will tell us a lot more about how the season will play out. So, as a fan I'm not going to worry too much about this game, but the next week will be a lot more stressful.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm worried about the Texans. I'll worry about the Raiders next week.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Disgusted Nationals Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Classified
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post

I don't know if u thought your post was witty and amusing, but I found it moronic. Joking or not, I find animal abuse deplorable
    Quote Quote