Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miami likely to get a compensatory pick in 2013

1. -31
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Honestly I am not going to get worked up over CK copying and pasting my post as his own on another Dolphins message board. I don't know what site this happened on nor do I really have the desire to try and search it out. This is the largest Dolphins fan site on the internet so I know my thread reached more users than any "rival" website. If CK wants to use my posts on other message boards, that is up to him, I can't stop him. I guess it is flattering? Anyways, I am not going to really make a big deal about it or investigate the allegation further than what was revealed in this thread.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Honestly I am not going to get worked up over CK copying and pasting my post as his own on another Dolphins message board. I don't know what site this happened on nor do I really have the desire to try and search it out. This is the largest Dolphins fan site on the internet so I know my thread reached more users than any "rival" website. If CK wants to use my posts on other message boards, that is up to him, I can't stop him. I guess it is flattering? Anyways, I am not going to really make a big deal about it or investigate the allegation further than what was revealed in this thread.
    There's no need to go far to investigate. I posted exactly what I posted over there right here inside this thread. Look at it as you wish. I copied a list of 6 players and edited it using information that I gathered on my own, and then posted it as like the 35th post down in a thread that someone else created. I did nothing wrong whatsoever.

EDIT: My apologies, your list included 7 players. I pared it down to the 5 players that actually matter.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Without a horse in this race, I'd like to point out that all that was copied was the table of data. No analysis or thoughts of Nublars was posted.

I was actually hoping for something a lot juicier when I went looking for it
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_fan View Post
    Without a horse in this race, I'd like to point out that all that was copied was the table of data. No analysis or thoughts of Nublars was posted.
    Well, I thank you for at least being objective. The entire issue reeks of personal vendetta anyway. Doesn't matter, no skin off my nose.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Well, I thank you for at least being objective. The entire issue reeks of personal vendetta anyway. Doesn't matter, no skin off my nose.
    Non issue to me. Also, good job on Nublar getting the data out there too!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's ironic is that I'm generally sensitive to this issue since it has happened to me so often.

There is a poster here, I honestly forget which one, he was an "official" this or that, newshound maybe or something like that (not Robi). Might've even been a mod. I believe twice he took the entire body of text I wrote in an original post on a different message board (we're talking 1,000+ words of original prose) and posted it in here, changing around the wording to make it first person and make it seem like he wrote it. This guy usually just posts threads with links to news articles so when I launched complaints that's generally how it was excused...but the full text was copied and words were specifically changed to make it first person.

Aside from that, one of our Draft Winds pieces was ripped off by Armando Salguero and we actually had to get the Sun Sentinel to flex some legal muscle as Salguero's editor was threatening to sue us for these untrue accusations of plagiarism (that were actually true).

I also got ripped off by ThePhinsider.com once. That wasn't very nice.

Anyway, my apologies if it came off like I was ripping anyone off. I certainly was not.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    wow... this was almost nostalgic for me in a way... took me back to the heated ryan mallet debates I used to read on here that year he was drafted.

loved the pic message of it escalating quickly or however it was worded... I even snorted when I was laughing from when I read that.. hahaha....

thanks for the laugh guys!! PEACE
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    The site listed below projects that the Dolphins will get a 4th for Langford and apparently they were very accurate the year before in their projections, so let's hope they are accurate for us this year as well.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/...k-projections/
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that would be teets!
    1. Zach Martin OG
    2. Jace Amaro TE
    3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB
    4. Michael Schofield RT