Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013)

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013)

I know it's early, but at this time last year everyone knew Andrew Luck was an elite talent heading into the draft. Who are the elite guys this year? I know a few are likely to emerge and some may not declare, get injured or hurt their stock. But, I want to get a clearer picture of the top talent out there. I really believe Miami needs to find two elite guys in this draft and could be in a good position to do that with their own #1 and a trade up. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't think Miami will get two elite guys unless we trade back into the 1st round. Elite guys don't fall into the second round and they're normally taken in the top 10-15 picks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Don't think Miami will get two elite guys unless we trade back into the 1st round. Elite guys don't fall into the second round and they're normally taken in the top 10-15 picks.
    Agree. But I also think we have the ammo to trade way up if a guy falls a little bit.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it's reasonable to assume Miami will draft in the first few picks. Robert Woods and Barkevious Mingo come to mind.

If they wind up top 5 I'd rather they get the first pick then depending on Tannehill's play, either draft Barkley or trade the rights to draft him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've got Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, Bjoern Werner, Keenan Allen, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Shayne Skov and Sean Porter. Most would have Barkevious Mingo in there. I didn't see his first game yet. There's also a possibility of Justin Hunter getting in there, provided he stays healthy this year (big deal). When all is said and done there's a possibility Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom is in there as well. I keep thinking David Amerson's going to be a safety. Most would have Chance Warmack as an elite. I think James Gayle and/or Dion Jordan could/should very well end up there.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I've got Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, Bjoern Werner, Keenan Allen, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Shayne Skov and Sean Porter. Most would have Barkevious Mingo in there. I didn't see his first game yet. There's also a possibility of Justin Hunter getting in there, provided he stays healthy this year (big deal). When all is said and done there's a possibility Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom is in there as well. I keep thinking David Amerson's going to be a safety. Most would have Chance Warmack as an elite. I think James Gayle and/or Dion Jordan could/should very well end up there.
    One of the reasons I asked the question was to see what people thought of Keenan Allen and whether he is, perhaps, worth a top 5-10 pick. As much as we need a pass rusher, I think wide receiver is the biggest area of need and I doubt Miami spends big money on the likes of Mike Wallace. Bjoern Werner is a player you alerted me to and definitely someone I like a lot. I'm also a big fan of both Stanford linebacker Shayne Skov and Chase Thomas, but early draftniks seem to have them as 2nd rounders.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What about Jarvis Jones? He has to be up there towards the elite I would think. He is making impact plays all over the field tonight
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    You like Logan Thomas that much? I'll readily admit I don't watch very much college football, but I did see the game vs. Georgia Tech last week. Based off that game in a vacuum I would never have guessed him to be an elite prospect. Is it his size that intrigues you?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    You like Logan Thomas that much? I'll readily admit I don't watch very much college football, but I did see the game vs. Georgia Tech last week. Based off that game in a vacuum I would never have guessed him to be an elite prospect. Is it his size that intrigues you?
    That would be the primary problem with that analysis. Eschewing his full body or work for just one game against a tough conference opponent, especially the first game in a year where he just lost his two starting receivers, is not exactly a good practice. There's more to him than just physical ability. He's a gamer, which he showed at the end of that Georgia Tech game, and normally he's pretty accurate.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And not to forget he lead his team to a game tying field and overtime win throwing absolute lasers...
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote