Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013)

1. -11
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sammy Watkins is not draft eligible. He's not flying under radar, he's just not draft eligible.

I saw Robert Woods' game against Hawaii. He looked like Robert Woods. Marqise Lee is the big stud in that stable, but Woods is a pretty good player.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Woods is a first round player. But I don't like him as much as Allen or Wilson. He is the kind of player I wouldn't mind targeting in a trade back into the 20s though. Another guy that has been discussed some is Steadman Bailey. I already liked him...but he might play his way into late 1st round consideration
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i can see philbin pounding the table for marquese lee when he comes eligible...no doubt...that guy looks like a packer wr...thick build probably a late 4.4's guy but physically imposing...he's a stud...him and watkins in 2014...hot damn

as for keenan allen i'm a big fan also but i don't think his tapes better than robert woods freshman stuff...but he also had a whole lot less to work with at cal qb wise...i don't think allen right now validates the top wr in the class though...seems a little rich

allen was a different level looking than jones when they were together and jones at least looks like he can play in this league...so
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i can see philbin pounding the table for marquese lee when he comes eligible...no doubt...that guy looks like a packer wr...thick build probably a late 4.4's guy but physically imposing...he's a stud...him and watkins in 2014...hot damn
    Yeah those two are both studs. Lee might just be the best receiver in the country right now..
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marqise Lee IS the best receiver in the country as far as I'm concerned. Like a lot of young receivers, he'll drop a ball here and there, but that doesn't change the fact that he's the best right now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Receiver draft reminds me a little bit of 2010. That was another year when you knew that the best receivers in the country still weren't even Draft eligible. You knew Dez Bryant was going to be good, but that was pretty much the end of your givens. He was a junior too so you didn't necessarily even know if he was going to come out. He was probably going to come out but you didn't know anything for fact on that. Demaryius Thomas was another junior that came out that you didn't know for a fact whether he would or not. The seniors at the position were generally not that good.

This senior class at WR might be a little better with Terrance Williams and Aaron Mellette but still not great. Who knows which juniors come out, they could all decide to stay in school. And the best two receivers in the country aren't even eligible.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post

This senior class at WR might be a little better with Terrance Williams and Aaron Mellette but still not great. Who knows which juniors come out, they could all decide to stay in school. And the best two receivers in the country aren't even eligible.
    Considering Lee and Watkins aren't draft eligible is exactly why I think some of these underclassman will enter this year. Guys like Wilson, Hunter, Bailey, etc all get pushed down the draft board if they wait a year because Lee and Watkins are both looking like top 10 picks.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Studman Bailey could come out \because his QB Geno Smith is a senior and will graduate. I could see that happening. There's some speculation that Keenan Allen will leave because his brother Zach Maynard the QB is a senior and has to go this year. You'd think Robert Woods would leave at the same time as Matt Barkley.

After that, it's a total crap shoot. No reason to think one way or another on Marquess Wilson. In fact with Connor Halliday waiting in the wings and that offense obviously taking a little bit of time before it gets off the ground, Wilson may decide he needs to stay another year to pump up his draft stock. Both Tennessee receivers could easily decide they need another year of polish before coming to the NFL. This 2012 season would essentially be the first season of consistent production from both Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson. And if Tyler Bray stays in school forget it, I don't think either guy would even consider coming out. And Da'Rick Rogers...I don't know what's happening there. He's at Tennessee Tech right now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad to hear about some of these prospects. The majority of which I've never heard of......

Because of CK and others I've gotten a chance to see a few studs

Studman Bailey aka Baby Steve Smith(Car)
    Marqise Lee

I don't like scronny looking receivers so you can keep the Tennessee kid. Reminds me too much of those USC turn bust receivers for the Lions..NO THANKS
    Last edited by ANUFan; 09-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I've got Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, Bjoern Werner, Keenan Allen, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Shayne Skov and Sean Porter. Most would have Barkevious Mingo in there. I didn't see his first game yet. There's also a possibility of Justin Hunter getting in there, provided he stays healthy this year (big deal). When all is said and done there's a possibility Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom is in there as well. I keep thinking David Amerson's going to be a safety. Most would have Chance Warmack as an elite. I think James Gayle and/or Dion Jordan could/should very well end up there.
    One of the reasons I asked the question was to see what people thought of Keenan Allen and whether he is, perhaps, worth a top 5-10 pick. As much as we need a pass rusher, I think wide receiver is the biggest area of need and I doubt Miami spends big money on the likes of Mike Wallace. Bjoern Werner is a player you alerted me to and definitely someone I like a lot. I'm also a big fan of both Stanford linebacker Shayne Skov and Chase Thomas, but early draftniks seem to have them as 2nd rounders.
    Quote Quote