Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013)

1. -31
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have two tiers of prospects for the "elite" category. The first is the sure-fire elite prospects that consist of...

Barkevious Mingo-LSU, Jarvis Jones-Georgia, Keenan Allen-California, Matt Barkley-USC, Star Lotulelei-Utah, Robert Woods-USC, Barrett Jones & Chance Warmack-Alabama

The second group is those on the verge and very close to being elite and that lis consist of..

Justin Hunter-Tennessee, Sam Montgomery-LSU, Logan Thomas-VT, Tyler Wilson-Ark, Jonathan Hankins-Ohio State, David Amerson-NC State, Tyler Eifert-Notre Dame, TJ McDonald-USC

The two players I find intriguing are Bjoern Werner-Florida State and Jackson Jeffcoat-Texas. Werner is 28 years old I believe but his game reminds me of JJ Watt a bit. Jeffcoat is an amazing athlete but needs more production.
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote  

2. -32

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For my $ Barkevious Mingo is the best player in the draft. A blend between Demarcus Ware and Aldon Smith. He is long, strong, quick first step, violent hands, and is strong against the run as well. He has a non-stop motor and pursues to the ball very well. He gives maximum effort on every plays and he just keeps coming. Mingo and Mr. Lotulelei are the only two players I'd be okay with us selecting that wasn't Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, or Justin Hunter...

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

He was eligible for the 2012 draft but decided to return to Clemson. I have him graded as a 3rd round prospect for 2013..
    Quote Quote  

3. -33

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with CK. Marqise Lee-USC is the best WR in the country right now and one of the 3 ELITE prospects for the 2014 draft with Sammy Watkins-Clemson & Jadaveon Clowney-South Carolina being the other two.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Soliai and Lotulelei in the middle would be very dominant. Both would command Double Teams, opening up the defense to attack the edges. I've seen Both of Lotulelei's games so far in 2012 and can see this kid is a legit force in the mold of Ngata and Suh. For a man that is in the 325-335lb range, he is built very lean and not sloppy. I'd be ecstatic with Miami picking him in the top 3-5 picks. CBSports.com com has Miami selecting Star at #2 in their 2013 mock draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Soliai and Lotulelei in the middle would be very dominant. Both would command Double Teams, opening up the defense to attack the edges. I've seen Both of Lotulelei's games so far in 2012 and can see this kid is a legit force in the mold of Ngata and Suh. For a man that is in the 325-335lb range, he is built very lean and not sloppy. I'd be ecstatic with Miami picking him in the top 3-5 picks. CBSports.com com has Miami selecting Star at #2 in their 2013 mock draft.
    Great player. I like Mingo/Werner as better fits for what we need though. However if we let Starks walk...he could be a definite option
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I've got Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, Bjoern Werner, Keenan Allen, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Shayne Skov and Sean Porter. Most would have Barkevious Mingo in there. I didn't see his first game yet. There's also a possibility of Justin Hunter getting in there, provided he stays healthy this year (big deal). When all is said and done there's a possibility Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom is in there as well. I keep thinking David Amerson's going to be a safety. Most would have Chance Warmack as an elite. I think James Gayle and/or Dion Jordan could/should very well end up there.
    You like Logan Thomas that much? I'll readily admit I don't watch very much college football, but I did see the game vs. Georgia Tech last week. Based off that game in a vacuum I would never have guessed him to be an elite prospect. Is it his size that intrigues you?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give me Justin Hunter and Corey Lemonier!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    You like Logan Thomas that much? I'll readily admit I don't watch very much college football, but I did see the game vs. Georgia Tech last week. Based off that game in a vacuum I would never have guessed him to be an elite prospect. Is it his size that intrigues you?
    That would be the primary problem with that analysis. Eschewing his full body or work for just one game against a tough conference opponent, especially the first game in a year where he just lost his two starting receivers, is not exactly a good practice. There's more to him than just physical ability. He's a gamer, which he showed at the end of that Georgia Tech game, and normally he's pretty accurate.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Thomas did not have a ton help vs. GT, but what I liked is he kept grinding and grinding and found a way to win. Love the upside.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And not to forget he lead his team to a game tying field and overtime win throwing absolute lasers...
    Quote Quote