Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Clinton's Failures Have Unleased Global Terrorism

1. -1
    Somebody kick Huizenga for me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami - Kendall
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bill Clinton's Failures Have Unleased Global Terrorism

Let's get the facts straight before we say anything else about President Bush's decision for the War on Terrorism.

**Watch a video of Bill Clinton address the American people about Iraq in 1998. Notice anything similar he is saying? (A MUST-SEE ALL THE WAY THROUGH) http://cspanrm.fplive.net:554/ramgen...m?mode=compact

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/...0310170939.asp
    www.peterbergen.com/...
    http://thbookservice.com/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=c6346
    http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030...2358-9367r.htm

And here is Osama Bin Laden's VERY SHORT biography, make sure you read it. Especially the last paragraph which ONLY includes some of his attacks, the ones carried out on United States facilities. BTW, over 500 people died including Americans NOT including the 2nd WTC attack. Notice anything about the years of his attacks? Click here for Osama Bin Laden's short bio.

...you may all continue to talk about President Bush's clean-up work for Clinton, the War on Terrorism...
    Last edited by Dolfan02; 02-18-2004 at 11:54 AM.
    YOU STAY TO WIN THE GAME
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has some blame. He enabled the terrorist in many ways. However he didn't let them get a complete free ride, but he was more worried about how he would be remembered than keeping this country safe in the long run. That much is for darn sure.

I am always amazed how the press gives him a free ride for him not going after AQ after the '93 WTC bombing. If a REP President ever let that slide it would be over for him as far as liberal press was concerned. Simply amazing.

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought Poppy Bush placing American troops in Saudi Arabia back in '90 was what drove Osama to declare his holy war on the United States? There also was that thing we did back in the 1980s, you know, train him to drive those dirty commies out of Afgahnistan. Overthrowing a democratic government in Iran in 1953 didn't help us much either in the long term, especially when that government we backed afterwards was overthrown and replaced by the Ayatollah a couple decades later.

There's enough blame to go around. Placing the blame on one president or one party for breeding global terrorism is a practice in stupidity. Our current fight against terrorism is like trying to extreminate cockroaches. I.E. the more we kill, the more seem to spring from the woodwork. Curtaliling civil liberties at the same time doesn't sound very peachy, and remember that Clinton and Bush are responsible for the Anti-Terrorism Act and Patriot Act respectively. Of course, we'll end up voting for someone not named Dennis Kucinich, and nothing is really going to change.
    You mustn't think dirty thoughts!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Kamikaze
    I thought Poppy Bush placing American troops in Saudi Arabia back in '90 was what drove Osama to declare his holy war on the United States? There also was that thing we did back in the 1980s, you know, train him to drive those dirty commies out of Afgahnistan. Overthrowing a democratic government in Iran in 1953 didn't help us much either in the long term, especially when that government we backed afterwards was overthrown and replaced by the Ayatollah a couple decades later.

There's enough blame to go around. Placing the blame on one president or one party for breeding global terrorism is a practice in stupidity. Our current fight against terrorism is like trying to extreminate cockroaches. I.E. the more we kill, the more seem to spring from the woodwork. Curtaliling civil liberties at the same time doesn't sound very peachy, and remember that Clinton and Bush are responsible for the Anti-Terrorism Act and Patriot Act respectively. Of course, we'll end up voting for someone not named Dennis Kucinich, and nothing is really going to change.
    Amazing. So you're saying we shouldn't have liberated Kuwait, and not engaged Russia in Afghanistan?

I'd hate to see how things would be if America did not do those things!

One party enables terrorism, and one wants to destroy it. Welcome to the real world. With ppl like you Hitler would be on our dollar bill right now!

I sure hope you are not one of those ppl who was curious as to why Bin Laden's family was allowed to leave America after 9/11. If you are you need to make up your darn mind!

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amazing, you sure do like to throw words into my mouth. I said the things we've done in the past have had a direct effect on what we're facing today. Even the CIA knows this, they call such a thing blowback.

How did you go from terrorism to Hitler? Would you mind actually keeping the topic of discussion to this century please?

Finally, if you think killing terrorists is the best way to rid the world of them, you're quite narrow-minded on the topic. The people of the Middle East have a long memory when it comes to all the meddling we've done there in the past fifty years. Our support of their represssive regimes, past (Iraq and Iran) and present (Saudi Arabia) has done nothing to but breed contempt amongst most of their people, and radicalized an insane few to carrying out acts of violence against us. A good first step to fighting terrorism would be to stop waving our giant military dick around the world.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Kamikaze
    Amazing, you sure do like to throw words into my mouth. I said the things we've done in the past have had a direct effect on what we're facing today. Even the CIA knows this, they call such a thing blowback.

How did you go from terrorism to Hitler? Would you mind actually keeping the topic of discussion to this century please?

Finally, if you think killing terrorists is the best way to rid the world of them, you're quite narrow-minded on the topic. The people of the Middle East have a long memory when it comes to all the meddling we've done there in the past fifty years. Our support of their represssive regimes, past (Iraq and Iran) and present (Saudi Arabia) has done nothing to but breed contempt amongst most of their people, and radicalized an insane few to carrying out acts of violence against us. A good first step to fighting terrorism would be to stop waving our giant military dick around the world.
    Ok so we should have liberated Kuwait, and engaged Russia in Afghanistan? If so why did you post what you posted?

Seems to me you are nothing more than a cherry picker looking at everything with 20/20 hindsight. We don't live in a perfect world, and hard decisions have to be made every day. However most agree those decisions should be made in the hopes it will benefit this country and the promotion of domecracy around the world.

The Hitler comment was straight forward. If ppl like you had your way Hitler would have won WW2, because we never would have gone after him we would have only gone after Japan. Savvy?

No the best way to lose to terrorist is not throw that big dick around. The middle east is shaking in it's boots right now because of what America is bringing to Iraq. Democracy. After 9/11 nation building is in our best interest again. Democracy is the real enemy to terroism, and it's a War thathas to be fought where terrorism is flourishing.

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bill Clinton isn't directly responsible for terrorism here or anywhere else in the world. I would say he heightened American risk with two key actions however. First and foremost, he weakened our Intelligence services, both through cutting of their funding, as well as mandates which limited their sources. Secondly, and this ones more difficult to quantify...he sent a message to terrorist groups that we would not risk American soldiers to retaliate against terrorist attacks. You attack and kill us, we launch a cruise missile at you. If you teach a person that they can act with impunity, they'll act with impunity. If you teach a country that they can support terrorists without repurcussions, they will support terrorists. George Bush's actions have probably produced more "ground level" recruits fot he terrorists. But Bill Clintons efforts produced more leaders, and emboldened them. George Bush gave them more ammunition, but he also made them more afraid to use it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ohall

The Hitler comment was straight forward. If ppl like you had your way Hitler would have won WW2, because we never would have gone after him we would have only gone after Japan. Savvy?

Oliver...
    Strictly for accuracy sake...After Japan hit PEarl Harbor, Hitler declared war on US. We followed suit, but only after he had already done so. We could have NOT declared war on him, but that would have been a bit silly on our part don't you think?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    drowning in a sea of pointless *ussy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure blame everything on Clinton. Tell me was Terrorism on George Bush's radar or even the American people's radar before 9/11. How much of an issue was terrorism during the 2000 election? I may be from another country but I follow US politics closely as I am a citizen of the world and the US is the most important country in it.

No way is democracy the enemy to terrorism. Look around the world and there are many countries that are democratic that have terrorist issues. Greece, Ireland, Russia, Canada(in the 1960's), for that matter the United States in the 60's, 70's and even the '90's, Spain. The real enemy to terrorism is wealth and prosperity and political sovereignty.

Saying Democracy is the enemy to terrorism is buying what Bush and all his "neo-con" cronies are selling.

I am neither a Liberal or a Conservative politically but the removal of your current President and this administration this November would be the smartest course of action for the US to take.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dolfan25
    Sure blame everything on Clinton. Tell me was Terrorism on George Bush's radar or even the American people's radar before 9/11. How much of an issue was terrorism during the 2000 election? I may be from another country but I follow US politics closely as I am a citizen of the world and the US is the most important country in it.

No way is democracy the enemy to terrorism. Look around the world and there are many countries that are democratic that have terrorist issues. Greece, Ireland, Russia, Canada(in the 1960's), for that matter the United States in the 60's, 70's and even the '90's, Spain. The real enemy to terrorism is wealth and prosperity and political sovereignty.

Saying Democracy is the enemy to terrorism is buying what Bush and all his "neo-con" cronies are selling.

I am neither a Liberal or a Conservative politically but the removal of your current President and this administration this November would be the smartest course of action for the US to take.
    For a Canadian maybe. :cool:

Oliver...
    Quote Quote