Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami is $7.1 Million Under the Cap Right Now

1. -1
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Miami is $7.1 Million Under the Cap Right Now

Miami is $7.1 Million Under the Cap Right Now. Not too bad. Pretty much middle of the pack.

Full List: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...f-september-7/
    ______________ ________________
    *********Here's what happened the last time we traded for a Coach ******************* Lets do it again!! *************
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just let it rollover to the offseason. No point spending anymore, we are what we are, and we'll need an offseason to add more.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    And if it was a dollar or $20M, it would mean nothing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Just let it rollover to the offseason. No point spending anymore, we are what we are, and we'll need an offseason to add more.
    I'm not a salary cap expert, but how does that work? I was under the impression that they changed the rules for that recently to allow a limited amount to carry over?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Due to expiring contracts, we will have over $50M to spend, without any carry over. The question is not money but, what we will do with it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm no cap expert but it seems every year were around the same amount but really have very little talent to show for it while somebody like the Eagles has over 20 mill in space. Is this because we have so much dead cap space or what? Is it going to get to a point where we will have to gut almost any high dollar contract and start from scratch? I remember a few years ago the 49ers were in cap hell and they gutted the thing and now seems to be on the right track. I keep reading that were going to have a lot of cap space next year but we also have people like Bush, Sean Smith, Starks, Hartline and Jake Long to re-sign which will eat into a lot of that extra money. Maybe I'm wrong but I think all these misses in FA and even draft has hurt our Cap situation because of all of the dead money we carry over year after year. Anybody with knowledge that wants to chime in would be great.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm not a salary cap expert, but how does that work? I was under the impression that they changed the rules for that recently to allow a limited amount to carry over?
    No you can roll it all over
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Due to expiring contracts, we will have over $50M to spend, without any carry over. The question is not money but, what we will do with it.
    This is true, 13 mil will go to Jake. Reggie Bush is another contract that will need to be looked at. I dont know who the others are, maybe Fasano?

My prediction is dont expect huge FA spending. I could see us get Jennings and not much else and everything will be draft and keeping good character hard workiing types who get the offense and defense set ups.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooserdaddy View Post
    I'm no cap expert but it seems every year were around the same amount but really have very little talent to show for it while somebody like the Eagles has over 20 mill in space. Is this because we have so much dead cap space or what? Is it going to get to a point where we will have to gut almost any high dollar contract and start from scratch? I remember a few years ago the 49ers were in cap hell and they gutted the thing and now seems to be on the right track. I keep reading that were going to have a lot of cap space next year but we also have people like Bush, Sean Smith, Starks, Hartline and Jake Long to re-sign which will eat into a lot of that extra money. Maybe I'm wrong but I think all these misses in FA and even draft has hurt our Cap situation because of all of the dead money we carry over year after year. Anybody with knowledge that wants to chime in would be great.
    http://nyjetscap.com/Dolphins/dolphins2013.php

I HATE to post a Jets site but, it is the best I've found on our cap. As you will see, dead money is not a real big issue. Other than Danby, who'se salary goes down by $3M next year, there are no high priced players who are nor FA next year. We do not have many cheap rookie deals, which does really hurt.
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 09-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    This is true, 13 mil will go to Jake. Reggie Bush is another contract that will need to be looked at. I dont know who the others are, maybe Fasano?

My prediction is dont expect huge FA spending. I could see us get Jennings and not much else and everything will be draft and keeping good character hard workiing types who get the offense and defense set ups.
    Jake may or may not be back. Bush, Hartline, Starks, Smith, Moore, Fasano are others.
    Quote Quote