Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Miami is $7.1 Million Under the Cap Right Now

  1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    10,790
    vCash:
    31272
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm not a salary cap expert, but how does that work? I was under the impression that they changed the rules for that recently to allow a limited amount to carry over?
    The unused cap space can be carried over for 2013. Next year, the 90% cap floor kicks in, meaning that all teams will have to spend.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    10,790
    vCash:
    31272
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    i noticed this thread was moved, and I wonder why. The Phins cap is a very important part of the team, as shown by the Herald, Sun, PB Post, and even the Miami Dolphins web site. I don't understand why not here, especially over a number of others.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,649
    vCash:
    4839
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    i noticed this thread was moved, and I wonder why. The Phins cap is a very important part of the team, as shown by the Herald, Sun, PB Post, and even the Miami Dolphins web site. I don't understand why not here, especially over a number of others.
    The Salary Cap is important which is also why is has its own dedicated forum just like the draft.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever


    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    141
    vCash:
    1329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just having a quick glance at the posts we are roughly $7m under give or take , is there any option to resign say a fasano or hartline this year rather than next year ?
    would that help anything? or do we wait till next year ,i am sure i heard we were in the 1st stages of contract talks with hartline a while back
    would that be for now or next year?

    any info would be helpful!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,567
    vCash:
    5795
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moley View Post
    just having a quick glance at the posts we are roughly $7m under give or take , is there any option to resign say a fasano or hartline this year rather than next year ?
    would that help anything? or do we wait till next year ,i am sure i heard we were in the 1st stages of contract talks with hartline a while back
    would that be for now or next year?

    any info would be helpful!
    That whole thing was misinterpreted which is not shocking around here. What Drew Rosenhaus actually said when asked by Joe Rose about Hartline getting re-signed was that he doesn't discuss contracts in public but that he's in constant contact with Ireland. They talk about once or twice a week and they discuss all of his players (of which he represents 10 players on the Dolphins) and that they've discussed Hartline...nothing was ever said about a new contract or if they were in negotiations. It's another case of Dolphin fans, once again, having selective hearing and trying to make 2 + 2 = 10.

    As for Fasano and Hartline I think it would be fairly easy to give them both extensions. In other words taking on a few more years and money that doesn't effect this years salary so that we can still rollover the remaining money we have under the cap but, as I've mentioned before, I don't think Ireland will do it mid-season because last time he did it was with Greg Camarillo and Camarillo got injured two games later and was lost for the season and he never came back to form and you know he got cut so Ireland got burned a little. I think he still remembers that and feels a little snake bit by it. I would say after week 10 or 12 he'll start negotiating in earnest on a lot of these guys. Fasano, Hartline, Starks and Bush (if he decides to keep him) should be fairly easy. Smith and Long I think are going to be difficult.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    141
    vCash:
    1329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That whole thing was misinterpreted which is not shocking around here. What Drew Rosenhaus actually said when asked by Joe Rose about Hartline getting re-signed was that he doesn't discuss contracts in public but that he's in constant contact with Ireland. They talk about once or twice a week and they discuss all of his players (of which he represents 10 players on the Dolphins) and that they've discussed Hartline...nothing was ever said about a new contract or if they were in negotiations. It's another case of Dolphin fans, once again, having selective hearing and trying to make 2 + 2 = 10.

    As for Fasano and Hartline I think it would be fairly easy to give them both extensions. In other words taking on a few more years and money that doesn't effect this years salary so that we can still rollover the remaining money we have under the cap but, as I've mentioned before, I don't think Ireland will do it mid-season because last time he did it was with Greg Camarillo and Camarillo got injured two games later and was lost for the season and he never came back to form and you know he got cut so Ireland got burned a little. I think he still remembers that and feels a little snake bit by it. I would say after week 10 or 12 he'll start negotiating in earnest on a lot of these guys. Fasano, Hartline, Starks and Bush (if he decides to keep him) should be fairly easy. Smith and Long I think are going to be difficult.
    thanks for that !!so there really isnt any gain in resigning anyone this year?
    didnt he resign fasano ,carpenter,fields last time out mid season???, not that it matters !!
    yep i can see smith wanting big money and long just dosent justify $10m-$12m contract in my eyes and not sure ireland wanting to pay up
    which i dont blame him in anyway
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,567
    vCash:
    5795
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moley View Post
    thanks for that !!so there really isnt any gain in resigning anyone this year?
    didnt he resign fasano ,carpenter,fields last time out mid season???, not that it matters !!
    yep i can see smith wanting big money and long just dosent justify $10m-$12m contract in my eyes and not sure ireland wanting to pay up
    which i dont blame him in anyway
    Fasano was re-signed during the off-season when he was a restricted free agent thanks to the CBA running out. Some kind of stipulation where a player with less than 5 full years of accrued playing time was still a restricted free agent. Carpenter I think was re-signed early during the season but he's a kicker...don't remember Fields.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    141
    vCash:
    1329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Fasano was re-signed during the off-season when he was a restricted free agent thanks to the CBA running out. Some kind of stipulation where a player with less than 5 full years of accrued playing time was still a restricted free agent. Carpenter I think was re-signed early during the season but he's a kicker...don't remember Fields.
    just a kicker who`s getting $2.5m !! lol

    it seems other teams re sign players during the season far more than us ! ,maybe ur hit the nail on the head?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami - 9.8 million in cap room?
    By Dominate in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM
  2. Miami Dolphins $13.6 million under cap
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 01:41 AM
  3. 160 million reasons to be a Miami Fan
    By CpuFan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
  4. Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap.
    By CashInFist in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 12:53 AM
  5. Miami reportedly 2 million under cap
    By Coral Reefer in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •