Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -41
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I will have to see if I can see a few of these guys play this year. I have seen Banks play and liked what I saw out of him. Ive also seen Hawthorne and Adams...I liked Hawthorne more between those two. Tharold Simon is a solid prospect IMO. What do you see out of Milliner? I saw one game where he looked sloppy out there..then another where he looked like a 1st round prospect.
    I see the best cover corner in the country in Milliner. We can leave him on an island in any situation, let him play bump-and-run, press, or any variety of man techniques and feel comfortable that he's going to do the job. I can't imagine what game you saw where he looked sloppy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I see the best cover corner in the country in Milliner. We can leave him on an island in any situation, let him play bump-and-run, press, or any variety of man techniques and feel comfortable that he's going to do the job. I can't imagine what game you saw where he looked sloppy.
    I want to say Arkansas but to be honest I am not sure. I didn't mean sloppy as in getting torched all over the field...just not what I have seen out of him in previous games. You watch a wholeeee lot more Bama than I do so Ill take your word for it. This Miami defense needs a corner they can leave on an island thats for sure..
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, we dominated Arkansas in every phase of the game and shut 'em out. Milliner had a pick that he almost returned for a TD that was called back due to a penalty.

He's basically leading the country in passes defended and has really only played about 11 full quarters worth of football. We didn't play him at all against Western Kentucky and essentially only played the first half against Florida Atlantic and Arkansas.

If he declares early, I don't see why he wouldn't be the first CB selected. Milliner has improved his football IQ tremendously since he was a freshman and has no tackling deficiencies... strong tackler and always been a physical player and a big hitter.

I remember his freshman year when shed his block and proceeded to knock Denarius Moore cold as a door knob...

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Well, we dominated Arkansas in every phase of the game and shut 'em out.
    Has anybody not dominated Arkansas this year?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not really seeing a cb that i'd take with our high 1st round pick...no one that just jumps off the screen at me...jarvis jones against tennessee didn't look like a top 5 worthy pick to me either...but that was just one game...i doubt he's a legitimate 6 ft 2 and that medical with that severe neck injury he suffered may hurt him...gonna be some serious eyeballing of his neck xrays etc at the combine...whatever happens with him that kids a lb all the way...there's no possible 43 end there

at safety more importantly free safety i think the value falls in rounds 2-3...in that range is where i'd target one...probably where i'd target my corner also...

not really all that in love with a woerner or a montgomery with our high round 1 pick...not enough explosive edge burst pass rush upside with either imo to warrant it given our needs at the positon...which is almost all pass rush

leaning towards a wr high in round 1 the way things are looking...keenan allens size and tools are hard to find...might be the best route...not sure i think he warrants a top 10 pick or so but there's only a few guys i would take over him...not in love with the quality or depth of this draft...i guess high round 1 quality given we aren't looking for a qb i see as lacking...feels good though not to have to spend so much time looking at qbs...

of course if we go into free agency and lets say grab a greg jennings my thoughts would change with the high 1st rounder...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Star Lotulelei looking really good tonight. Of course, we don't need him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

of course if we go into free agency and lets say grab a greg jennings my thoughts would change with the high 1st rounder...
    This would be the ideal situation. Greg Jennings, Hartline, and Bess isn't too shabby. Then maybe you add a guy like Steadman Bailey in the 2nd or a Ryan Swope in the 3rd etc...and hope Rishard Mattews can develop.

We need a pass rusher in the worst way...I really like Lemonier out of Auburn...explosive and athletic. I also like James Gayle just not in the high first round right now.

I think TE is becoming an emerging need for us. Tannehill needs a reliable TE...and I like Fasano but he's basically a ghost in the passing game. Clay just isn't where I thought he'd be..and until Egnew gets himself on the active roster we have to assume he's not performing. Id be looking for the best pass catching TE available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

At safety...I really really like Whitley and Vaccaro. Both who I think could be options in the 2nd round.

Basically we have plenty of options to go...and I think this defense is a few pieces away from being elite..get them another edge rusher and another safety who can find the ball they will be just fine. However, this team is going to live and die with Tannehill. My priority is surrounding him with as many weapons as possible to continue his development. This team could be scary next year if everything falls into place.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: hooshoops prospect takes...

I can't tell you how nice it is to be reading about the draft and not having to discuss the QB position. About time.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The pro Lemonier reminds me the most of is Cam Wake.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    not really seeing a cb that i'd take with our high 1st round pick...no one that just jumps off the screen at me...jarvis jones against tennessee didn't look like a top 5 worthy pick to me either...but that was just one game...i doubt he's a legitimate 6 ft 2 and that medical with that severe neck injury he suffered may hurt him...gonna be some serious eyeballing of his neck xrays etc at the combine...whatever happens with him that kids a lb all the way...there's no possible 43 end there

at safety more importantly free safety i think the value falls in rounds 2-3...in that range is where i'd target one...probably where i'd target my corner also...

not really all that in love with a woerner or a montgomery with our high round 1 pick...not enough explosive edge burst pass rush upside with either imo to warrant it given our needs at the positon...which is almost all pass rush

leaning towards a wr high in round 1 the way things are looking...keenan allens size and tools are hard to find...might be the best route...not sure i think he warrants a top 10 pick or so but there's only a few guys i would take over him...not in love with the quality or depth of this draft...i guess high round 1 quality given we aren't looking for a qb i see as lacking...feels good though not to have to spend so much time looking at qbs...

Miami needs to take the BPA that is not a QB . . . hopefully a DE (pass rusher), WR or DB, but I wouldn't exclude linebacker, oline or DT from the list either. Miami needs impact guys but they most certainly need better depth all over. I will say this is a GREAT year to have multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks as I agree that its starting to look like the "value" of the draft will be had on Day 2. I have seen threads talking about Miami trading away those picks and either getting a player or moving back into the 1st . . . . no, no no . . . if anything if Miami doesn't feel a guy they want is there at their selection in round 1, they need to trade back and pick up another 2nd day pick or 2 . . . . . build the depth of this team.

I still wanna see guys like Vernon, Miller, Matthews and hopefully Egnew develop further. It will also be interesting to see who we resign and who do we target in FA. This team could look extremely promising come next year after FA and the draft.
    Quote Quote