Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -71
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Hoops,

Been watching Kiko Alonso quite a bit and nobody's talking about this guy. I've mentioned him in a few threads. He has a bagful of character concerns from past years but nothing recent, seems to have turned a corner. I like him a lot and he's going to be there in the third. As you say, very fluid and a good reader of the game. Solid tackler, takes a direct line to the ball.

Agree with you that Reid is a SS in the NFL, but, unlike Jefferson, he is a ballhawk and a playmaker. Jefferson is ridiculously smart and decisive, but he won't bring you turnovers. I don't think Coyle will want another player in the secondary who doesn't come into the draft with a track record of takeaways, sacks and or forced fumbles. Reid is much more of a project than Jefferson, but the end product will be better IMO.

You already know how I feel about Chase Thomas. Dion Jordan is fascinating, he could be a really interesting hybrid player in the NFL who gives offences a certain look pre-snap but moves all over the place, sometimes on the slot, sometimes covering TEs, sometimes with his hand in the ground, sometimes on the blitz from the A gap.
    interesting points about jefferson...ones that i'd be willing to go along with actually after watching his tape...might be a more average pro cause he doesn't make splash play turnovers...but hes instinctual and when it's in front of him and he sees it he's on it...as for reid i think his issue in the pros is gonna be coverage...i think he'll be exposed in coverage...not as fluid a player as mark barron was last year more difficulty coming out of his pedal etc...

adding a wr to my list of targets after reviewing marcus wheaten tape i like that...top 50 guy for me...his ability to separate in his routes really stands out...nice burst i like his body and the way he locates the ball...very quick...offers specials returns also...looks like a guy that philbin ould covet and i think he plays smart...so iding coverage and running routes off of it i think he can do...separation though impressive and it will translate to the next level...interested in seeing if he's over 5 ft 11 though...one thing that i question is what can he offer in the red and tight red...i don't see a win high point the ball guy or run fades with guy...but i'm a fan...and he's a target for me
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -72

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    glad to see you mention Little Trufant Hoops. Fairly underrated prospect IMO who has been on some pretty crappy defenses.
    trufants kind of hit and miss for me...some games i really like him like top 50 others i say 3rd round and wonder how tall is that kid...looks like he has long speed and he's a guy who gets his hands on you at the los and jams you and makes you work off of it...can reroute guys...by far for me though best in press man

down the road i like that redshirt freshman teammate cb of his an awful lot #21 i know that...love that size and he's got tools...plays more off coverage than trufant though
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been on the Wheaton bandwagon. Very low risk of failure pick, IMO. Another guy in the same mould is Anthony Amos of MTSU. Smallish and not lightning quick but gets separation and is a deep ball vacuum cleaner. Catching ability off the charts.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -74

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Hoops you don't have Milliner at corner? I like him. He knows how to play. I think he projects well. You know his skills will translate. Saban's system doesn't hide you at corner. We would know what we are getting with the kid.

Since there seems to be more depth at receiver, I am coming to the conclusion I want to grab a corner in round one. Although a Justin Hunter style receiver with size and speed could work well too. Still a major need for speed and playmakers. Too many impact players still needed.
    i don't have milliner cause i don't think he gets to us...why i don't have a mingo etc either...i think milliner can show some issues in off man at times and he can miss some tackles one on one at times but i also think he's the best in run support cb in the class and i can't overlook that the tape this year overall has been very good...got beat saturday on a just perfect throw but he lost on the outward cut when he had to open his hips and transition laterally...still the ball was perfectly placed...he's got plus feet looks like his hips are pretty fluid he's got the size and body teams covet in the draft and i think he'll run well...add in he plays in the sec against the highest level comp and while i think he's a little overrated i don't see him getting out of the top 15...

i will say though that i don't think his upside is that of jonathon banks...so if it was me and i had the choice of the two i'd go with the ball skills and rediculous length of banks
    Quote Quote  

5. -75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow...just got done with 3 games of cb terry hawthorne tape...i would be stoked to get that in the 2nd round...i think i like him more than desmond trufant...he looks like a top 50 bpa off what i'm seeing...add him to the targets list ...
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks

hooshoops prospect takes...

Hoops, I read an article on Keenan Allen being more of a possession WR then a true playmaker. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    is this thread still live? I keep checking but it seems to have fizzled out?
    Quote Quote  

8. -78

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Hoops, I read an article on Keenan Allen being more of a possession WR then a true playmaker. Thoughts?
    i disagree with that but it's important that he runs in the mid 4.5's i'd say...and i think he will...
    Quote Quote  

9. -79

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    is this thread still live? I keep checking but it seems to have fizzled out?
    patience grass hopper...got a lot of things on my plate these days...here's a little taste off what i saw yesterday and this week...also as we get closer to the draft my input in this thread will pick up significantly...senior bowl week combine etc i'll be adding heavy content...right now i'm just watching a lot of tape and forming opinions...

cb desmond trufant put together a nice game tape for nfl scouts against wash st friday...i knew the kid could play press man at a solid level but he was very good in off man as well...putting his foot in the ground and driving on the football in off coverages and getting hands on the ball in the red zone on quick in hitters etc had a tendency to squat at times on a few things and got called for some ticky tack pi calls but i liked the aggressiveness and ball awareness he brought to the table...showed off some solid tackling skills also for the position...i'm getting more and more comfortable with him as a top 2 round pick these days...

cb xavier rhodes ehhh...looks like a lot of hype to me...rarely rallied to the ball i didn't see plus feet for the boundary or quick twitch acceleration and explosion he looked like he didn't want anything to do with contact for much of the game against florida this is yet another game that i've looked at of his where i fail to see what the big deal is...other than the great size for the position i just don't see it...i'm passing with a high round pick

robert woods runs some damn good routes...i think he'd fit this o perfectly...he just comes across as a very smart football player and wr...and i think i saw a little more burst yesterday in the way he got off the ball and threatened dbs cushions down the field...he's gonna win a lot of one on one matchups against nfl dbs but will he give us the true playmaker this o needs and red zone win wr it covets??? i don't know...i just know whoever gets that guy is gonna be pretty happy if they don't look at him as the alpha dog...

tyler eiferts the cream at the te position as far as down the seam and flexed out and he's gonna be aday 1 contributor cause he's not terrible in line and can provide some kick out blocks etc...i like his ability to be flexed out and he's a true mismatch and would look great in miami...but again i bet he goes late round 1 and does miami really give up on clay who is coming on of late or egnew already??? i doubt it...but if it's te i'm going eifert if i got a choice

uva left tackle oday aboushi just continues to give me a good feeling about his pro upside...i think in a year or two once he works on that body and upper body strength he can play a very solid zbs left tackle...top 50-75 pick who needs some development and time but i like his future...good feet very smart and gets to the 2nd level and can pull and make solid sustained contact...lack of strength though shows at times
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Johnthan Banks was roasted up and down the field again last night in the Egg Bowl. He's had some rough games lately.
    Quote Quote