Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -211
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Somebody please tell me that's not Ron Cherry referring the Oregon/KSU game.
    Quote Quote  

2. -212
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it is cherry...ha ha...that dudes a clown

i know one thing you got to be real careful if you decide you want to use a high round pick on anything in this oregon offense...there is so much buyer beware product of the system concerns with guys at the next level there it's not funny...only one that wouldn't concern me is deanthony thomas cause that speed and burst will translate anywhere...

dion jordan i haven't seen on the field in a while...showed off some nice edge rush explosion standing up which i already knew about played the run to a stalemate i'd say against a te which he needs to win outright as a 34 olb at the next level and would concern me but i also saw him trying to play a lot of contain so ehhh...

my corner if he was draft eligible for oregon i would take with a top 50 pick right now...serious burst and explosion to the football when he puts his foot in the ground and comes forward...very fluid hips and feet transitions out of his pedal very well...for my money he's one of the top 3 worst case players on the field...separated a shoulder sat out a series they put a harness on it he came right back in...love it...a little shorter than i like but if he's a legit 5 ft 10 with those tools i can get down with it...

the wr harper made one nice catch and run against tight coverage from my corner but my guy matched his feet with ease on the play just didn't locate the football...other than that he's made plays crossing the field against soft man coverage and shown no burst...waste a pick on that if you want...if we draft him i'll have him in the same category i had patrick turner and michael egnew...BUST
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -213

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    watching kiko alonzo i think you could talk me into a 4th round pick on that kid without much of a problem...he's very fluid when asked to drop and he's got instincts vs the run and flying to the football...putting out a really good tape today...

maybe even a late 3rd rounder...although that oregon system scares me a little bit
    Quote Quote  

4. -214
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the wr harper made one nice catch and run against tight coverage from my corner but my guy matched his feet with ease on the play just didn't locate the football...other than that he's made plays crossing the field against soft man coverage and shown no burst...waste a pick on that if you want...if we draft him i'll have him in the same category i had patrick turner and michael egnew...BUST
    You mean this guy?

Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -215

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he does nothing for me...big body but that's pretty much the extent of what i see...and that was probably the most impressive play i saw last night and i mentioned it also...i'd take that corner over him any day

anyways i think tonight might be another blow out bcs game...for my money the best team in the country is playing tonight...oklahoma better hope a & m no shows...safety tony jefferson on display tonight also...i like him...and maybe the two best tackles in the country for a & m and dmontre moore...should be interesting
    Quote Quote  

6. -216
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: hooshoops prospect takes...

A few thoughts on how Swope does tonight would be appreciated Hoops.

That A&M team is impressive. Sherman clearly has an eye for talent, hopefully he is heavily invooved in our draft preperation.
    Quote Quote  

7. -217
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yep...i agree with that...looks like an h back...be careful what you ask him to do in line...don't know if he's as sudden as aaron hernandez though...but that kid will play on sundays...if he wasn't an h back looking pro i'd have him in my top 5 te's for miami but i don't think we need his skillset...overall though i like him
    Not entirely related, but...Hernandez actually went out and pushed Florida to recruit Reed - They're similar players (size, skills, position), and they're both from CT (about an hour apart).
    Quote Quote  

8. -218

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the best looking pro prospect on the field is ot jake matthews...god dang is that kid beautiful...it's effortless he's so bored and his feet are so good he's just mirroring and punching guys at times 5 seconds into his pass pro...

got to bump that guy as a top 10 bpa...joeckels nice also but mathews...damn...20 yards downfield leading the qb manziel up the middle or to the perimter of the field from the right tackle position??? you kidding me...

best tackle in the class
    Quote Quote  

9. -219

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    A few thoughts on how Swope does tonight would be appreciated Hoops.

That A&M team is impressive. Sherman clearly has an eye for talent, hopefully he is heavily invooved in our draft preperation.
    no prob...i'm a big swope fan...he's one of my draft targets...thing is swope has a lot of the same skills that davon bess does...but before people say well bess doesn't offer much big play potential so why do we want that talk the difference is swope has better top end speed than bess...and let me tell you guys if bess had better wheels and acceleration he'd be a nasty sob to deal with...

swope i wouldn't say has rediculous quick acceleration to top speed but he does have what i would gauge as early 4.6 speed and in the slot that's not half bad...he may run a late 4.5 early 4.6 imo and thats about over a tenth and a half faster than bess and that matters folks...matters a lot

as far as what swope has like bess and will translate in the pros is he possesses high end short area quickness and fluidity of hips and he can separate in and out of his cuts...when he crosses a dbs face in the slot with a 2 way go he gets the separation you covet...he also runs terrific routes and sells his routes well with pressing the db in his stem down the field and uses his head even to sell things to dbs before gearing down opening his hips and making quick cuts...

add in that he understands coverage and db leverage and runs routes off of them well and he's very smart to boot and what you have is a solid 3rd round slot selection that would fit this miami o and scheme to a t...
    Quote Quote  

10. -220
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: hooshoops prospect takes...

Cheers hoops nice write up. Another thong I really like about Swope is that he is a tough kid. He can take a hit and is a pretty good blocker. This is a feature I always like in recievers.

I really think he is going to be a third round bargain for someone. Despite having bess on the roster I wouldnt mind having a second slot reciever. I just think he would be a really nice efficient reciever for us who we could depend on. If we got Jennings and kept Hartline Swope and maybe one more young reciever from round 2 would give us an offense I would be estatic about.
    Quote Quote