Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -221
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Cheers hoops nice write up. Another thong I really like about Swope is that he is a tough kid. He can take a hit and is a pretty good blocker. This is a feature I always like in recievers.

I really think he is going to be a third round bargain for someone. Despite having bess on the roster I wouldnt mind having a second slot reciever. I just think he would be a really nice efficient reciever for us who we could depend on. If we got Jennings and kept Hartline Swope and maybe one more young reciever from round 2 would give us an offense I would be estatic about.

agree wholeheartedly... never too early to start thinking about future starters/replacements for when guys leave... we need to have foresight for this type of thing, not wait until our hand is forced where we HAVE to burn a pick on somebody to fill a hole... tough with our current situation, but it's something we need to start doing IMO
    Quote Quote  

2. -222
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the best looking pro prospect on the field is ot jake matthews...god dang is that kid beautiful...it's effortless he's so bored and his feet are so good he's just mirroring and punching guys at times 5 seconds into his pass pro...

got to bump that guy as a top 10 bpa...joeckels nice also but mathews...damn...20 yards downfield leading the qb manziel up the middle or to the perimter of the field from the right tackle position??? you kidding me...

best tackle in the class
    too bad for you Hoops, sounds like he is staying in school
    Quote Quote  

3. -223
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    too bad for you Hoops, sounds like he is staying in school
    so i hear...maybe he's wanting to move to the left side next year if joeckel is coming out...i don't see any reason he can't play at a high level on the left side off what i see...man that kid looks good...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -224
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    he does nothing for me...big body but that's pretty much the extent of what i see...and that was probably the most impressive play i saw last night and i mentioned it also...i'd take that corner over him any day

anyways i think tonight might be another blow out bcs game...for my money the best team in the country is playing tonight...oklahoma better hope a & m no shows...safety tony jefferson on display tonight also...i like him...and maybe the two best tackles in the country for a & m and dmontre moore...should be interesting
    Going to have to refer to your boy as IEO in the future because there's no way I'm going to be able to successfully type the name Ifo Ekpre-Olomu a bunch of times.

I think I like Harper more than you do. He's more than just a big body to me. And that wasn't the only time he got the better of IEO that night. He also got him for a 7 yard catch. Was a pretty interesting play though. I've seen hitch and go before. This was hitch, go and hitch again. He was open on the hitch but Colin Klein pumped it instead of throwing it for whatever reason. So Harper tagged his route upward and IEO reacted pretty nicely. But Harper extended his arm to maintain separation with IEO and then hitched underneath again, creating the separation needed for another hitch and this time he caught it. Whereas last time Harper caught the ball on IEO and made him eat the dirt, this time IEO got him down and limited the catch to a 7-8 yard gain.

There was a third play, but it wasn't really on IEO. Or at least the catch wasn't. Harper caught the ball and ran to the inside and IEO came down from his coverage to support tackle, but then Harper made a cut back to the outside that had IEO tripping on himself and jamming his gears. There were a bunch of other duck defenders in the area though so they got him down for I think a 9 yard gain.

IEO did battle back nicely on one play though. Harper ran a vertical against him and when Klein scrambled outside the pocket Harper turned it into a comeback along the sidelines. Klein was late on the throw and IEO closed on the ball and knocked it away.

IEO looks like a good player, but overall Harper won the matchup when they faced one another, which was not often.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -225
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more I view Sheldon Richardson the more I like him for Miami but conversely the less likely I think it becomes that Miami has a shot at him at #12 overall. I think Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o and Bjoern Werner will all be off the board by the time Miami selects at #12 overall. Seven other players will also be off the board too, which is frustrating.

I think Dee Milliner, Johnthan Banks, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tyler Eifert, Lane Johnson, Taylor Lewan, Zeke Ansah and MAYBE Alex Okafor could be on the short list come draft day.

Right now I think Lane Johnson is more likely to fit the scheme than Eric Fisher or Taylor Lewan, but Lewan comes in a close second place there. Luke Joeckel would be an obvious fit but he will be gone, IMO.

Folks thinking Jeff Ireland will take a guard at #12, I think Jonathan Cooper is a better guess than Chance Warmack. Personal opinion.

The light-bodied pass rushers like Jarvis Jones, KeKe Mingo, Dion Jordan or Damontre Moore, I do not see Miami going after any one of those guys. I don't think it's something they prefer in their scheme, nor do I see it being part of their priorities. There are certain things they want to make sure they're getting out of any 1st rounder they take that I do not think lend themselves to taking one of the above.

On the other hand Zeke Ansah fits more what they could be looking for. As does Sam Montgomery and MAYBE Alex Okafor.

When all is said and done I think Cordarrelle Patterson ends up going above Keenan Allen. Not necessarily saying I agree but that's my objective prediction for how the NFL will come out. I haven't really 'settled' on anything as far as position rankings and whatnot, but I only finally got around to sitting down and watching 5 more games of Cordarrelle's...and personally, I'm sorry I ever doubted him. Jim Harbaugh used a term to describe Cam Newton in 2011. He said "plutonium-grade raw material". That's the term I'd use to describe Cordarrelle Patterson. You hear this tossed around about Tavon Austin that if he were 6 inches taller he'd be a top 10 pick. Cordarrelle Patterson is Tavon Austin except 6 inches taller.
    Last edited by ckparrothead; 01-07-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -226
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The more I view Sheldon Richardson the more I like him for Miami but conversely the less likely I think it becomes that Miami has a shot at him at #12 overall. I think Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o and Bjoern Werner will all be off the board by the time Miami selects at #12 overall. Seven other players will also be off the board too, which is frustrating.

I think Dee Milliner, Johnthan Banks, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tyler Eifert, Lane Johnson, Taylor Lewan, Zeke Ansah and MAYBE Alex Okafor could be on the short list come draft day.

Right now I think Lane Johnson is more likely to fit the scheme than Eric Fisher or Taylor Lewan, but Lewan comes in a close second place there. Luke Joeckel would be an obvious fit but he will be gone, IMO.

Folks thinking Jeff Ireland will take a guard at #12, I think Jonathan Cooper is a better guess than Chance Warmack. Personal opinion.

The light-bodied pass rushers like Jarvis Jones, KeKe Mingo, Dion Jordan or Damontre Moore, I do not see Miami going after any one of those guys. I don't think it's something they prefer in their scheme, nor do I see it being part of their priorities. There are certain things they want to make sure they're getting out of any 1st rounder they take that I do not think lend themselves to taking one of the above.

On the other hand Zeke Ansah fits more what they could be looking for. As does Sam Montgomery and MAYBE Alex Okafor.

When all is said and done I think Cordarrelle Patterson ends up going above Keenan Allen. Not necessarily saying I agree but that's my objective prediction for how the NFL will come out. I haven't really 'settled' on anything as far as position rankings and whatnot, but I only finally got around to sitting down and watching 5 more games of Cordarrelle's...and personally, I'm sorry I ever doubted him. Jim Harbaugh used a term to describe Cam Newton in 2011. He said "plutonium-grade raw material". That's the term I'd use to describe Cordarrelle Patterson. You hear this tossed around about Tavon Austin that if he were 6 inches taller he'd be a top 10 pick. Cordarrelle Patterson is Tavon Austin except 6 inches taller.
    I refuse to mock Cordarrelle in the 2nd round because I think he'll be a top 20 guy when it's all said and done . . . but I can't wrap my head around Joe Philbin/Jeff Ireland taking this type of raw WR when you have a better fitting Robert Woods and Keenan Allen that could be had either in round 2 or in a trade up back into round 1.

Either way I'm gonna stick to my guns that there will be a player that Miami covets that will slip to the 12 pick due to QB's being such a need early in the draft. I think that guy could be Werner.

1. Werner
    2A. Woods
    2B. Trufant

I'm good with that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -227
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post

If I had to guess Miami's #12 pick today, it'd be a tossup between Patterson and Cooper. The WR class is so rich, I could see them putting it off for the 2nd and 3rd Rounds and drafting a guy who would give Miami the most athletic LC/C combo in the league. If it were me, I wouldn't get too cute. WR is our biggest need, and I think Patterson is well worth the 12th overall pick. This is assuming Patterson is available. Your closing comment about Patterson and Austin works well for me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -228
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I also agree after workouts I don't expect Richardson to be there when we pick . . . and thank goodness for that as I think Ireland probably couldn't pass that guy up. I don't consider it a great investment if we are drafting a DT in the top 15 when one of your GM's few strong points is finding DT talent, whether in round 1 or undrafted. This first round pick needs to be a pass rusher, a wide receiver or a CB. Cooper and Eifert at 12 is too rich for me . . . and I couldn't pass up Patterson or Allen at 12 for them.

Depending how things fall, I would not be opposed to a trade down at all, especially with the meat of this draft being on day 2. If I could trade down and nab Cooper/Eifert/Patterson/Allen and potentially have 3 2nd round picks . . . sign me up right now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -229
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the problem with Richardson is he's got a low IQ and a poor work ethic off of the field. He failed out of Mizzou for skipping classes and was suspended this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -230
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't be mad at all with Patterson at 12...or Allen for that matter. Allen is more polished but as stated Patterson has a ridiculous ceiling and really brings something special with those RAC skills. Another name to toss out there is Phillip Thomas. Might be a little bit rich at 12...but he is the best safety in this class IMO.
    Quote Quote