Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 434

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

  1. -251
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,092
    vCash:
    38033
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't see otten as a in line blocking te at all...you sure we are talking about the same kid??? long lean guy from san jose st??? i haven't noticed kelces body that way but i'll be paying attention for it now that you mentioned it...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -252
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ?? Let me check that out and come back to you Hoops, might be mixing him up. Definitely not confused about Kelce though. He's like Brian Hartline giving John Jerry a piggyback.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

  3. -253
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,906
    vCash:
    996
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Kelce's body looks squatty too me. Short legs, longer torso. Not sure how that gives him a high center of gravity.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -254
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Kelce's body looks squatty too me. Short legs, longer torso. Not sure how that gives him a high center of gravity.
    A long upper torso and short legs will raise your center of gravity, accentuated if you have a more bulk in your top half. He's very broad in the chest and shoulders but looks comparatively light in the legs. My point is he seems to go down very easily and from watching him it seems to be a body shape thing. I'm not an expert in biodynamics (surprising as that may sound!) but he never quite looks balanced or that he has his feet under him.

    I'm not someone who likes the Parcellian Prototype way of drafting. But balance and center of gravity are big deals, imo.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -255
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    263
    vCash:
    1780
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey I am a big fan of Marquess Wilson. What do you guys think of him as an option for us and where do you think he get drafted? (rd 3?)
    Quote Quote  

  6. -256
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,906
    vCash:
    996
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    A long upper torso and short legs will raise your center of gravity, accentuated if you have a more bulk in your top half. He's very broad in the chest and shoulders but looks comparatively light in the legs. My point is he seems to go down very easily and from watching him it seems to be a body shape thing. I'm not an expert in biodynamics (surprising as that may sound!) but he never quite looks balanced or that he has his feet under him.

    I'm not someone who likes the Parcellian Prototype way of drafting. But balance and center of gravity are big deals, imo.
    Interesting you would think that about the body shape because Alex Gibbs, well know architect of the ZBS, says he wants "low waisted" players for his guards and centers.

    GUARDS & CENTERS: height and length doesn't mean ****. Marginal height, but plays with great leverage. "LOW WAISTED" (long torso short legs), with leverage under our bodies. Healthier by not being heavy. RARE for them to play early. Nobody over 6'3". My center must be football brilliant.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -257
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,092
    vCash:
    38033
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Hey I am a big fan of Marquess Wilson. What do you guys think of him as an option for us and where do you think he get drafted? (rd 3?)
    i see him as a poor mans aj green...very finesse game but smooth like green...if not for off the field issues i think he'd be a top 50 pick...as it stands probably round 3...but if all that stuff i'm hearing about him being a bad teammate and having a poor attitude is true and he's got skeletons in the closet i'd be surprised if philbin would endorse drafting him...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -258
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    7745
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Interesting you would think that about the body shape because Alex Gibbs, well know architect of the ZBS, says he wants "low waisted" players for his guards and centers.
    A guard under 6'3" and a TE at 6'6" are very different body shapes - impossible to compare surely. Rather than we debate the meaning of center of gravity, have a look at him. You may form a different opinion of him but hopefully you'll at least see what I'm getting at. If not, no worries.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -259
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    263
    vCash:
    1780
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i see him as a poor mans aj green...very finesse game but smooth like green...if not for off the field issues i think he'd be a top 50 pick...as it stands probably round 3...but if all that stuff i'm hearing about him being a bad teammate and having a poor attitude is true and he's got skeletons in the closet i'd be surprised if philbin would endorse drafting him...
    True, but also remember who his coach was. This was not the first time Mike Leach has been labeled abusive.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -260
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,092
    vCash:
    38033
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    True, but also remember who his coach was. This was not the first time Mike Leach has been labeled abusive.
    can't argue with that...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM
  2. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •