Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -261
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just got done with the east west shrine game tape...first off there's not a qb on the field worth a draft pick...i wouldn't waste time with any of that i know that much...

anyways the best looking rb on the field by a mile was christine michael...the jump cuts the feet the way he attacked the los and sniffed out the goalline was text book...last year when many people were talking up his first team teammate cyrus gray i was talking up his backup as the better pro prospect...all today did was solidify that stance for me...have some questions about him in pass pro but he carries his weight very well and i think locked up a top 3 round grade today...

the lb klein from iowa st showed so well for me that i am scampering to find some of his games...impressive looking middle round backer off what i saw...

i thought the smu back was interesting as a ball carrier but i wonder what exactly is his future in the pros...kind of had a leonard with cinci now feel to his pro career...might be a man without a real position

at corner terry hawthorne showed well missed a tackle in way off man in the open field drove on the play just didn't wrap up and was a bit offline but he shows very good hips when he transitions into his pedal and he's got plus feet...i don't understand why he's not at the senior bowl frankly...him and michael both should be there...maybe they'll get an invite once one of these overrated guys comes up lame or backs out this week which is sure to happen

the mount union kid collins i thought as a wr was interesting in a late round kind of way...i wouldn't depend on him next year...i'd redshirt that if i could...kind of raw but he's got tools...

have to pump the brakes a bit when i see a slot wr i like and have talked about before in this thread and slot is exactly what he is in chad bumphus make so many plays against soft off man coverages on the boundary...that's when you know curb your enthusiasm about any wrs in this game...a slot guy torching on the boundary

where was the fauria kid today??? i didn't see him...another soft te in the egnew mold if you ask me....games way too finesse...buyer beware...i guess he was out with injury....

devin taylor of south carolina made money today...he's got tools they're raw but i'm one of those people that thinks when he grows into that body an adds 15 lbs he may be a force...i'd burn a mid round pick on his upside...i think it may be a while though before you see a real return there...

the wr amos from tenn tech i think it was they talked about him a lot but i saw no burst to separate down the field...kind of left me ehh...

i think the k state corner that was there is a late round kid that can maybe stick on a roster in 2013...

anyways nflpa game is next on my agenda to review...
    Last edited by hooshoops; 01-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -262
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    lots to like about A.J. Kleins game.

jake knott as well really... those two backers from ISU are pretty solid IMO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -263

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    watching the seniow bowl shells practice now...can't wait for full pads...

the mellette kid is too damn raw we'd be waiting on that forever to develop...if he ever did...no more small school project wrs please...dobson from marshall torched will davis of utah state in one on ones with a terrific get off the los against press and ran a beautiful route...i'm liking that...

marcus trufant destroyed mellete in an inbreaking quick slant route i mean just took his lunch...trufant showing well in press...poyer for oregon state also looking good...

i think my concerns with s philip thomas long speed is looking legitimate...chris harper beat him on a vertical route and he never showed any closing speed...and harpers not exactly a burner

marcus wheaton showing off quick twitch and acceleration...solid looking feet...physically though he's losing down the field the strength battles...

kyle long for me is a mid round maybe 3rd round left guard in a zbs with upside...needs to get stronger i don't like his foot speed or arm length at tackle but i do like his potential as a left guard in a zbs...may be a guy you have to sit on a little bit though...

come on guys give margus hunt an edge rush rep instead of all this interior stuff in one on ones so i can see how he gets off the ball and fares against tackles...dammit all

alex okafor is making money these days...won every one on one pass rush rep minus the one he took against eric fisher...i'll be surprised of okafor makes it out of round 1...again nothing wows you but that guy gets the job done...

eric fisher ate michael buchanans lunch in one on ones...

there's a og mauler here named winters from some small school who is a nasty son of a gun...

uncs sylvester williams showing off some serious hand speed and lateral agility and quickness off the ball to shoot gaps...43 dt all the way there...penetration player

rb kenyon barner was killing guys in one on one pass recieving drills vs lbs...way too quick

mike glennon missed a wide open seam route and i mean wide open by at least 5 yards for an int...glennon is a frustrating son of a gun...i've seen some bad tape with that kid...

there's a dt from d2 named williams who is showing pretty well...kinda interesting

texas wr marquise goodwin is an explosive son of a gun but he's raw as heck as a route runner and physically non existent...serious wheels though
    Quote Quote  

4. -264
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Brian Winters from Kent State is a ZBS OG IMO and he'd be a solid mid round pick.

David Quessenberry has also looked good at OT in the drills. He's another ZBS guy that would be a good fit.
    Quote Quote  

5. -265

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    saw on the senior bowl site that wr ryan swope came in at 6 ft...dang that kids bigger than i thought...also saw desmond trufant came in at 5 ft 11 that works...

6 ft for quinton patton...

ezekial ansah 34 5/8 inch arms 82 plus inch wing span...

6 ft 8 plus and 277 lbs for margus hunt...
    Last edited by hooshoops; 01-21-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -266
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    saw on the senior bowl site that wr ryan swope came in at 6 ft...dang that kids bigger than i thought...also saw desmond trufant came in at 5 ft 11 that works...

Patton's a little shorter than I thought. Ansah's got some freakin long arms.
    Quote Quote  

7. -267
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: hooshoops prospect takes...

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

Apparantly Swope has the smallest hands of any reciever
    .. Is that something you draft gurus would care about?
    Quote Quote  

8. -268
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tavarres King is a guy whose Senior Bowl could make a big difference to his draft. I have a good feeling that we haven't seen the best of him by far. If any of you guys gets to see him in practice, would you mind letting us know how he's doing? Thx.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -269
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fascinating WR breakdown from Matt Waldman, who is good. I've been on the Dobson and Wheaton bandwagons, so thankfully they're showing up well.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/01/21...uad-wrs-day-1/
    Quote Quote  

10. -270

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ryan swopes just over 8 inch hands is not ideal by any means but i've seen enough hand catches and consistency as a receiver from him as far as how he receives the ball that i wouldn't worry about it with him...i would knock a lot of guys for hands that size cause it usually backs up cases of the drops but i haven't seen that with swope...

honestly swope coming in at 6 ft imo bumps him maybe another round if he can run in the 4.6 flat range...not many slots that size that can get off the los and separate with short area quicks and crossing a dbs face like he can when given a two way go...i'm hearing an awful lot of miami is sniffing denard robinsons rear end pretty good down there i'm assuming to play the slot and i got to say if we pass up a kid in swope who's a perfect fit for this o for a kid who is a projection pretty much at the next level as a slot wr i'm gonna go bananas...

playing the slot at a high level is a lot about understanding coverage and db leverage and finding the soft spots in zone and being on the same page with your qb as in seeing the field the same way...in swope you've got a proven commodity in robinson you've got a lot of question marks about can he run routes with efficiency etc...

the last guy that was a different position player in college and then became a slot wr in the pros in kc name escapes me has shown he can't run routes or understand db leverage and coverage...it's a risky proposition that i wouldn't with a early round pick be willing to take

as for dobson i saw some things i liked but one thing that does stand out is he doesn't show much burst out of his cuts and explode to the football coming out of a break...kinda ehhh in that regard...which means that he's gonna have to really win in his stem and sell guys on things to have the separation once he gears down and comes back to the football...and i'm not sure he's a guy that is gonna drive on dbs and force them to open their hips and come out of the pedal and respect his ability to get over the top...i see a lot of contested catches and footballs in his future...

and kyle long the more i looked yesterday at his work the more the lack of strength showed up...especially when at guard on the inside...he had trouble with strength...i think for me his upside is whats the most intriguing but there's some potential fail there...

marcus wheaton one thing i didn't like other than he got mauled at times in his routes and redirected and lost physically against physical coverage was even though he was showing good feet and gearing down nicely etc i saw dbs kinda sitting on some things a few times and not coming out of the pedal when he drove on them...only saw it a few times but i would think he would have had guys bailing a lot...something i'll watch for in full pads today and tomorrow
    Last edited by hooshoops; 01-22-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Quote