Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -291
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i already said trufant may be the 3rd corner off the board...as for fish there was no top 10 pick in mobile last year he's not a lock to be one this year either once the underclassmen are evaluated...

trufant also needs to run well at the combine and pro day...but i expect that will happen...mid to late 4.4's

fish is gonna get some competition from joeckel who has better feet and is a little bit more athletic and a great zbs fit and that lane johnson kid who moves like a te but at 300 plus lbs...lane johnson is an impressive athlete
    Just because someone from last year did not go in the top ten does not mean it won't happen this year. I bet if teams got a chance to redraft, Russell Wilson would go in the top five...right?
    Quote Quote  

2. -292
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hey thirteen give me your list of prospects you would target if you were miami off your to date study and where you place their value???
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -293
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hey thirteen give me your list of prospects you would target if you were miami off your to date study and where you place their value???
    I don't look at the quantity of guys in the depth that some of you do. I often struggle to write down what I like or don't about the player, because I'm not technical or analytical about it to the degree some of you are.

But, for some reason, I seem to have an OK hit rate over the last couple of seasons, so it has encouraged me to look at more guys. I'll give you my impressions on the guys I've looked at and can't promise my back up will be as detailed as you and the other draft lunatics would produce. As for draft grades, I'll have a stab at it, but I find it such a dark art that nothing would surprise me as to where players end up going. Especially this year, where I really don't feel there's as big a dropoff as you go through the first three rounds as usual. Few elite players and a lot of good-to-great players.

I'll come back to you.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -294
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    I don't look at the quantity of guys in the depth that some of you do. I often struggle to write down what I like or don't about the player, because I'm not technical or analytical about it to the degree some of you are.

But, for some reason, I seem to have an OK hit rate over the last couple of seasons, so it has encouraged me to look at more guys. I'll give you my impressions on the guys I've looked at and can't promise my back up will be as detailed as you and the other draft lunatics would produce. As for draft grades, I'll have a stab at it, but I find it such a dark art that nothing would surprise me as to where players end up going. Especially this year, where I really don't feel there's as big a dropoff as you go through the first three rounds as usual. Few elite players and a lot of good-to-great players.

I'll come back to you.
    fair enough...look forward to it...and i've said this many times before i don't really look to grade a guy for where he will fall in this draft...most my stuff tries to place a value on a guy as to where he would fall in any draft...as in what i think a 1st round grade should look like and on and on thru the rounds...there's no doubt some of these guys will get drafted higher than i see their value but i just grade em as to where they'd be on my board...and i don't really care to read any info from outside sources that may influence me in any way...i've found that i disagree with a lot of the guys who get paid to do this analysis and grades...not so much the tv guys like mayock who i like and i'm finding i like daniel jeremiah thus far but all the twitter posers out there...usually if i read up on something it's about finding out about skeletons in the closet or team interest and who's visiting facilities etc which helps me drop guys accordingly and also helps me id teams likely targets prior to the draft...

anyways that's a little bit of how i roll with it i guess...
    Quote Quote  

5. -295
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Milliner, Trufant and Banks are all gone in the first round. Milliner is likely gone before our pick, I've read Tampa Bay already loves Banks and wants to use their first rounder on him, and Trufant has showed really well this week and made himself a first round pick, thats what I'm reading a lot of NFL executives are now thinking. So if we want a guy in the second, it'll unlikely be any of those.

What do you guys think of Mike Gillislee? Looks like a good replacement for Reggie who can play all three downs to me..... could be good value if we can get him with say one of our third rounders .....
    Quote Quote  

6. -296
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Miami just needs to play this smart.

You need a pass rusher, top pass rusher are usually top 15 picks . . . there is handful that are probably worth this year, take care of it.

You need a CB, there is a handful that could be around in that first 2nd round pick (Trufant, Poyer, Rhodes, the Rutgers kid) . . . address it.

You need WRs, there is a gauntlet of guys that will be in the 50 to 80 range that Miami can look at with those next 3 picks.

Miami can really address some needs in this draft and still get great value because of where they are selecting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -297
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wide receivers
    Patterson - nothing to say that hasn't been said by others. While he's not totally raw, you just have to look at how long a WCO WR like Gaffney took to break into the Miami lineup to wonder if Patterson would see the field in Year 1. I'm ok with that, would the Firelanders be? Top 20.

Bailey - the consummate technician in this draft. A TD machine even at his height because he can get separation in the tightest of spaces. Pick 30-45

Hopkins - this kid is a great all rounder. Great after the catch, which we need badly, but very solid across the board. He abused LSU's vaunted defense in the bowl game, even after Watkins got injured and he became the focus of the defense. Pick 30-45

Wheaton - another good technician. I haven't seen the drops issue others report and I don't think he dropped many if any at the Senior Bowl practices. Faster than Bailey, but very similar in their route running and competitive streak. Pick 45-60

Patton- good get-off and great stutter steps and double moves to wrong foot defenders. Takes a lot of lousy dumped off screen passes and turns them into 8-10 yard gains with YAC ability. Speed looks good, seems composed. My question is around how comfortable he is at catching the ball away from his body. Pick 50-75

King- I like this guy a lot. I know he's been inconsistent but I think he's worth a gamble in the late third, because is skill set is higher than that.

Woods I like as a technician who has a good TD record. But his ankle has to check out for him to be worth anything higher than pick 60.

I'd take Stills bottom of the third, Swope about the same. Darrin Moore of Texas Tech in the 6th.

Not a fan of Hunter (awful technique, maybe uncoachable), Allen (diva receiver concerns, great energy but no subtlety), Dobson (like him but not for our WCO), Williams (soft).

My ideal 1-2 in the draft would be Patterson and Bailey. I'd take King and Wheaton if we used our first 2 picks on other positions.
    Last edited by Fin Thirteen; 01-26-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -298
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tight Ends

Eifert - I know he's not the quickest and people wonder if he'll be as explosive as some other more "fashionable" tight ends, but that kid knows how to dominate space and haul the ball in. I'm only interested in offensive players in this draft who can work in the compressed confines of the redzone and Eifert is all that and more. A solid blocker and a workhorse who will raise the game of players around him. Pick 26-35.

Toilolo - the dreaded "potential" word. But this kid could be amazing. Huge. Athletic. Powerful blocker. Great hands. Low pad level for such a monster. Pick 40-60.

Escobar - I've seen a very limited amount of this kid but he's an athlete, who will test well in the Combine and show off speed, agility and hands. Pick 75-100

Gragg - more of a hybrid h-back type, but if he was 3" taller, he'd be a second rounder. 4th round.

Fauria is what we should have gotten with Egnew. Can't block if his life depended on it but a big receiving threat. 4th round.

Jake Stoneburner - Ohio St.s bowl ban and Jake's erratic season at WR will be someone's huge gain. He's a TE, not a receiver. I think he has the whole package. 3rd best TE in the draft, IMO. I'd take him in the third, but he'll be available in the 5th or 6th as far as I can tell.

I think Ertz is a show pony. Not a baller. Concentration lapses, halfhearted blocker, drops. I'll pass.
    Quote Quote  

9. -299
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hoops who is on your short list at 12? Personally I think its pretty hard to gauge until we see how FA shakes out..but just wondering. Im starting to think Banks is going to be a very real possibility if we let Smith walk (Milliner if he's there but Im guessing he is gone). He gets beat a bit too much for me...but his length, physical tools, and ball skills are all well above average in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

10. -300
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Running Backs

I've looked briefly at a lot of guys. I like Taylor and Gillislee, but only really took notes on two small schoolers, who I was very impressed with.

Miguel Maysonet of Stony Brook. This kid is awesome. Great vision, relishes the contact, low centre of gravity, good pad level. His ability to find gaps with his quick feet - without losing forward momentum- is top level. His stats are staggering - almost 2000 yds on 267 carries and 21 TDs last season. And if you think he was just beating up small school weeds, take a look at his game against 'Cuse. http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CCW3sKo20rs

The other guy is Benny Cunningham of MIddle Tenn St. Big thighs and glutes, this kid just plows through holes and tough **** if you're in the way or hanging out of him. Tore his patella tendon, but word is he'll be fit in time to have a pro day. I'd rank him in the 5th, but with the injury and small school status, he'll prob go UDFA. Small taste: http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=0rHbdwGWWEE
    Last edited by Fin Thirteen; 01-26-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Quote