Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -311
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lane Johnson is going to blow the combine out of the water. If he runs as fast as he said he does, which is 4.71-4.73, he'll be faster than a lot of the TEs at the combine.
    Quote Quote  

2. -312
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Lane Johnson is going to blow the combine out of the water. If he runs as fast as he said he does, which is 4.71-4.73, he'll be faster than a lot of the TEs at the combine.
    What he runs won't be unprecedented...Joe Staley had ridiculous Combine numbers and still went #28 overall. I'm most interested though in what he looked like on tape at Oklahoma which drew me to him, and especially what he showed at the Senior Bowl. Those guys didn't even come close to beating him. Ever. Not even close. It was like he was toying with them.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -313
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lane johnson looked rediculously good...his feet were so good i think he could have put his hands behind his back and just mirrored guys with his legs and kept them at bay...like ck said it was like he way toying with anyone he matched up against...look at some of those stone cold lock down blocks he had in the game the other day...i mean he had guys locked up...only caution i have is i don't really think he faced anyone all that great on the edge in that game...but what he did go against in practice and the game he owned...that kid carries 15 lbs easy on that body...

and i could watch that begin in the middle of the field sprint to the sideline and take out the ball carrier all day on the tipped int and have my jaw hit the floor he looked so sweet doing it...those feet...even when his technique was off his feet were so quick and so good he just made things look effortless...if it was up to me out of everyone at mobile he'd be the top pick...

watching that cat in full sprint to the sideline 4.7 is in play all day long imo...i bet he runs better than 4.8 flat...and at 306...DAMN...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -314
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Banks was injured when he had that very underwhelming run of games, esp against Bama. Think it was the calf. Not saying it absolves him completely, but it obviously didn't help.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -315
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: hooshoops prospect takes...

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    barkevious mingo
    luke joeckel
    lane johnson
    dee milliner (yeah i added him...tapes too good to ignore...but i have some reservations)
    jonathon banks
    kenny vaccaro (only safety i would even consider)
    keenan allen
    jonathon cooper
    cordarelle patterson (love the rac he provides...wonder though if he's a consistent win in his routes wr and a red zone win option)
    chance warmack

as you can see i'm not in love with any pass rusher with that high pick but mingo...and if he got to me he would not pass...and if i can't have jake matthews who i think is the top tackle but not in the class i think i would pounce on lane johnson and his upside as the tackle i would prefer over anyone else for us...if i was gonna go tackle

i also really like eifert a lot but not at #12...unless he runs a 4.5
    I agree for the most part with your list but have a question. Do you really feel like Banks is a better prospect than X. Rhodes? Milliner I agree with but Banks, I question...not fully disagree but question. I am a Nole Homer so i want to make sure i am seeing clearly.

Fwiw, I am thinking that T or CB would be our best bet in round 1, especially if we can trade back a few spots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -316
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    It was like he was toying with them.
    Thats exactly what I thought too. It was kind of funny watching him abuse whoever was unfortunate enough to take him on. Watching it again, I find it hard how you could say Schwenkes game wasn't good. He was great, at both centre and guard.
    Quote Quote  

7. -317
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Thats exactly what I thought too. It was kind of funny watching him abuse whoever was unfortunate enough to take him on. Watching it again, I find it hard how you could say Schwenkes game wasn't good. He was great, at both centre and guard.
    I'll take a look at it again obviously but I saw him get beat a few times in the game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -318

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I agree for the most part with your list but have a question. Do you really feel like Banks is a better prospect than X. Rhodes? Milliner I agree with but Banks, I question...not fully disagree but question. I am a Nole Homer so i want to make sure i am seeing clearly.

Fwiw, I am thinking that T or CB would be our best bet in round 1, especially if we can trade back a few spots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    rhodes is too finesse for my taste...only time i saw him get physical with anyone was in that awful no illinois bowl game where they had nothing to talk about at wr...banks is more willing imo to get his nose dirty...rhodes is body beautiful though no doubt about it...i just think he underwhelms me...not a fan

not that banks is the best tackling corner...i just think he's more willing...and i really like his feet and his wiry frame on the boundary...i don't see him taking a lot of false steps or being off balance either...i think banks best football is in front of him...
    Quote Quote  

9. -319

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like alex okafor also a lot but he's more in the 20's range for me...it wouldn't shock me if years from now he's the highest regarded pass rusher in this entire class...best looking pass rushing texas player in a while
    Quote Quote  

10. -320
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    barkevious mingo
    luke joeckel
    lane johnson
    dee milliner (yeah i added him...tapes too good to ignore...but i have some reservations)
    jonathon banks
    kenny vaccaro (only safety i would even consider)
    keenan allen
    jonathon cooper
    cordarelle patterson (love the rac he provides...wonder though if he's a consistent win in his routes wr and a red zone win option)
    chance warmack
    I assume you mean the only safety at #12? Because there are a couple of guys (Thomas and Rambo) who I'd love on day 2 if Clemons leaves.
    Quote Quote