Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -341
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also at the Texas vs Nation game is NIU's Martel Moore. Basically a lot like Aaron Dobson, but a few rounds later.
    Last edited by Fin Thirteen; 02-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -342
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDaTD View Post
    So if we go CB with the 12th, and most likely grab WR's or WR/TE in the 2nd round, which OLinemen and pass rushers are likely to be there in the 3rd and later rounds?
    Depends on free agency. Keep in mind a trade for a veteran is fairly likely.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by me4mvp View Post
    If we're set on a corner, do you think Jeff trades up for Millner?
    Trading up is not in Jeff's nature. He says he'd do it, and I even believe that he really believes he would, but in the moment he is too set on value to execute it. He always demands below-market deals in his trades and that means the team trading with him would have to be desperate to trade down for some reason. The only team above us I see desperate to do that would be the Titans and they'll want to trade down more than just two spaces.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    For some reason, I think I could stomach Barkley going to the Bills more than the Jets.
    I'm not anxious for him to go to either team.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -343
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    texas vs nation game televised??? if so want to set the dvr...i still got to take a look at the other all star game a few weeks ago...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -344
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Depends on free agency. Keep in mind a trade for a veteran is fairly likely.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Trading up is not in Jeff's nature. He says he'd do it, and I even believe that he really believes he would, but in the moment he is too set on value to execute it. He always demands below-market deals in his trades and that means the team trading with him would have to be desperate to trade down for some reason. The only team above us I see desperate to do that would be the Titans and they'll want to trade down more than just two spaces.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I'm not anxious for him to go to either team.
    CK, just wondering why you feel this way? Is this just for the 1st round pick or the entire draft. I ask because during the past two drafts, without Parcells being in the draft room, Ireland has actually traded up in both drafts to get RB's that he wanted. I'm not saying they were the correct decisions but he did make these moves while not trading back in either draft IIRC. I just think this is another tendancy of Ireland's that people have a tough time distunguishing between having Parcells in and out of the draft room. Then again if you have some insider info I would love to hear about it.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

5. -345
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    CK, just wondering why you feel this way? Is this just for the 1st round pick or the entire draft. I ask because during the past two drafts, without Parcells being in the draft room, Ireland has actually traded up in both drafts to get RB's that he wanted. I'm not saying they were the correct decisions but he did make these moves while not trading back in either draft IIRC. I just think this is another tendancy of Ireland's that people have a tough time distunguishing between having Parcells in and out of the draft room. Then again if you have some insider info I would love to hear about it.
    Trading up in the from the top of the 3rd round to the bottom of the 2nd round, or trading up from the middle of the 4th round to the top of the 4th round, is very different from trading up in the 1st round. And I would not that I believe on both deals he got much better than "chart value" in the bargain.

That's why I said he WOULD trade up, but he's like a fantasy football player that doesn't pull the trigger on a trade unless there's an objective consensus that he got the better deal.

That just makes it not very likely.
    Quote Quote  

6. -346
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    CK whats your take on CB-Blidi Wreh-Wilson and CB-Nickell Robey(slot corner imo).
    Quote Quote  

7. -347
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blidi I have no read on, yet.

Nickell Robey is a guy that I have liked a lot over the years. He is fast, agile, coordinated and feisty. Because of his size you imagine that he's going to be a nickel corner at the next level, obviously. He will have to get heavier than 170 lbs no matter what. But you know, Brent Grimes is barely 5'9" and was 177 lbs coming out. Antoine Winfield was 5085 and 175 lbs coming out. We don't really know what Nickell is until he measures out in the Combine...but those will have to be his role models.

What I particularly like about him is that FOUR times in his career, he had late game picks that either sealed or should have sealed the game.

1. In the 4th quarter against Utah this year (2012), Utah is down 31-21 with about 10 minutes left trying to get their first score in so they can try and come back, and Nickell Robey intercepts a ball, returns it 38 yards for the game-sealing score. And on the interception, the Utah QB was really just trying to throw the ball away at the feet of a screen back coming out of the backfield. Robey read the thing from a distance away and just broke on it like nobody's business, caught it on the run and didn't stop running til he was in the end zone.

2. And of course back in 2011, he did the same thing to Andrew Luck near the end of regulation on a play that Jon Gruden made fun of Luck for relentlessly during QB School. That should've been it. That should've been the end of the game. But Andrew Luck being who he is, he took the ball with like a minute remaining and brought his team all the way down the field and scored a game tying touchdown...putting the game into overtime.

3. That same year the Trojans are playing Notre Dame. Things got desperate for the Irish when Matt Barkley threw a touchdown to go ahead 14 points with only 8 minutes remaining, but the game wasn't over until Tommy Rees tried to go to Michael Floyd in single coverage with Nickell Robey on 3rd & 1, and Robey picked off the ball.

4. Back in his freshman year 2010, they played Arizona State to a wild finish. After a missed field goal by Arizona State, USC tries to run out the clock on the ground but fails to get a 1st down which gives Arizona State the ball back with only 22 seconds on their own 17 yard line needing a field goal to win. Very tough situation to come back from. But on 3rd & 1, Nickell Robey sealed it by picking Steven Threat off. It was essentially a hail mary, hoping for a completion and a penalty which would've allowed a field goal attempt, or maybe just hoping for the receiver to make a play and get the touchdown...but Robey sealed it.

That's a closer. Robey has three pick-6's in his career. I like that.

If any corner's got a chance to beat the odds, it's him. I keep looking right at him whenever I'm filling out my 3B/4A picks in my mock scenarios.
    Quote Quote  

8. -348
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Dee Milliner is and has always been my #1 corner in this Draft but that's starting to get recognized more and now it looks like he won't make it out of the top 10. With that being the case, that makes Johnthan Banks the most likely target for the Miami Dolphins at #12 overall.

Every chance the Dolphins get both Joe Philbin and Jeff Ireland keep talking about the need to add play makers to the offense and takeaways to the defense. That's Cordarrelle Patterson or Johnthan Banks. When the two faced one another, Banks certainly got the better of Patterson, though Patterson impacted the game very strongly overall...so it's not an easy decision but I think the Dolphins would steer toward Banks over Patterson because more of Patterson's value is caught up in his return skills whereas the Dolphins have a return man already in Marcus Thigpen.
    We may get a monkeywrench move by Ireland ie trading one of our 2nd rounders to NYJ for Revis and then all but solidifying Cordarelle Patterson is our pick at 12.
    Quote Quote  

9. -349
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does anyone have any thoughts on DE-Corey Lemonier and what round he could go in.
    Quote Quote  

10. -350
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    We may get a monkeywrench move by Ireland ie trading one of our 2nd rounders to NYJ for Revis and then all but solidifying Cordarelle Patterson is our pick at 12.
    If the Jets trade Darrelle Revis within the division for a 2nd round pick they deserve whatever they get.
    Quote Quote