Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -361
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The reason Duke Williams grabbed a lot of attention at Shrine week and again in the Senior Bowl is because of his ability to come down into man coverage in the slot and fare well there. He's physical in coverage and has the speed and athleticism to keep up with players there. I watched him erase receivers with physical press coverage during drills at Shrine week and he had some of that going for him during Senior Bowl week as well. The NFL loves that. They love safeties they can trust to come down and do that, even though sometimes I wonder why, since NFL defenses don't seem to do it often enough. He definitely plays with an attitude though, has that certain something to him that you think is going to make him a play maker at the next level.

The down side is that when I saw him in regular zone safety coverage, he wasn't that interesting as far as his instincts to the football went in coverage. But he was on USC's radar coming out of High School, he just wanted to play for his home town team.

Also, there are off field problems going on with him that are going to hurt him. He had an outstanding warrant on him for failure to appear in court for a citation, and then in 2011 he got into an accident and the police found that he had an expired license, expired registration and was driving without insurance. He was arrested on the outstanding warrant and also given citations for the other stuff. Previously in 2009 he had been arrested for underage possession of alcohol.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -362
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The reason Duke Williams grabbed a lot of attention at Shrine week and again in the Senior Bowl is because of his ability to come down into man coverage in the slot and fare well there. He's physical in coverage and has the speed and athleticism to keep up with players there. I watched him erase receivers with physical press coverage during drills at Shrine week and he had some of that going for him during Senior Bowl week as well. The NFL loves that. They love safeties they can trust to come down and do that, even though sometimes I wonder why, since NFL defenses don't seem to do it often enough. He definitely plays with an attitude though, has that certain something to him that you think is going to make him a play maker at the next level.

The down side is that when I saw him in regular zone safety coverage, he wasn't that interesting as far as his instincts to the football went in coverage. But he was on USC's radar coming out of High School, he just wanted to play for his home town team.

Also, there are off field problems going on with him that are going to hurt him. He had an outstanding warrant on him for failure to appear in court for a citation, and then in 2011 he got into an accident and the police found that he had an expired license, expired registration and was driving without insurance. He was arrested on the outstanding warrant and also given citations for the other stuff. Previously in 2009 he had been arrested for underage possession of alcohol.
    I was holding off on Safeties, but I've seen multiple mocks have have us going Vaccraro at 12 (including Daniel Jeremiah's latest), so I pushed them up my priority list. Unless I'm just scared off by him as a person/student of the game, I don't think about drafting Vaccaro in the 1st if I can get Williams in the 2nd, but it's sounding like Williams might be around in the 4th-5th range. I'm not saying I'd target Williams in the 2nd. I'm just saying that I don't think there's even a 1-Round difference between he and Vaccaro - based off of my initial impressions. He moves even better than Vaccaro, and though he's not as big, he plays big. Hits like a truck. I do see the occasional false step, but to me it isn't more apparent in him than Vaccaro or Reid. Still early, but I've got one foot on the platform, one foot on the Duke Williams' train.
    Quote Quote  

3. -363
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DJ Swearinger would be even better. I rate him as a second rounder with Jefferson and Duke as a third with Elam.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -364
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't think any safety is more fluid than kenny vaccaro...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -365
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Kenny Vaccaro but his hype is getting away from him IMO. He takes a lot of bad angles. I still like Phillip Thomas and Matt Elam. And I think D.J. Swearinger is highly underrated, reminds me somehow of Major Wright...some team is going to score a hit taking him in the mid rounds.
    Quote Quote  

6. -366
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't tell me Vaccaro is on a par with Berry or Thomas and yet there he is being talked about in the top 10. Crazy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -367
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    You can't tell me Vaccaro is on a par with Berry or Thomas and yet there he is being talked about in the top 10. Crazy.
    i think he's as good as either of them in man coverage...especially in the slot...but i don't think he an elite playmaker on the ball in the pros...
    Quote Quote  

8. -368
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He hasn't got a tenth of the instinctiveness of either Berry or Thomas. He's reactive, not proactive. Very good at it, to be fair.
    Quote Quote  

9. -369
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great athlete though, with lots of natural ball skills. Great potential. Not quite making good on that potential yet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -370
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    +1 on the Vaccaro-is-over-hyped train.

I like him in the late-1st/early-2nd range. I'd lose my **** if Miami drafted him at 12.
    Quote Quote