Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -391
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    day 3 dline...

i'll start by saying the value at rb is in the 3rd round...hearing a lot of teams love christine michael...what's not to love sub 4.5 40 220 lbs...stocks up

as for today i think you're gonna see after today the top of this drat is gonna flip with a lot of the usual suspects to date no longer there...the de class was underwhelming to say the least today...damontre moore shot holes in his stock running a almost 4.9 at 250 lbs and 12 reps of 225 lbs...good grief if kid was gonna show like that he'd have been better off staying in school...forget top half of round 1 there folks...it's not happening...

ezekial ansah at 271 lbs running a 4.63 official given the rest of this de class probably has locked up a top 10 pick after today...cleveland at #6 seems like a natural fit given what lombardi looks for in prospects...but he's a 43 de all the way...he was stiff in stand up lb drills...still at 271 and under a 1.6 10 yard split someones gonna bet on the upside and want to mold him...

i don't think bjoern werners going in the top 10 anymore frankly...kinda mehh in a lot of regards today imo

barkevious mingo 37 inch vertical near 11 foot long jump...4.58 official 40...a little dissappointed he didn't come in at over 250 lbs and he was an inch shorter than i expected but as a situational rusher with his tools as a 3 point stance edge rusher i'd still take him at #12...he's got the best physical tools in the class as an edge burst prospect...as a 34 olb though he's probably more a every down player down the line...

dion jordan is a plug and play 34 olb but medical is a little scary there...very fluid hips and cod he showed as expected ran a 4.60 official time...pass rush tools are raw but he's got the explosion tools you look for...still a shoulder issue for more than a year is a little dicey...given the way this class looks though i think he's a likely top half of round 1 pick with the potential i checks out medical to go top 10...

lavar edwards of lsu is a late round de i'd be interested in...was very fluid in stand up lb drills at 277 lbs and he's got some rush qualities in a rotational role...

william gholston looks like tarzan plays like jane...you couldn't pay me to use a pick on him...

margus hunt 4.60 flat 38 reps of 225 lbs i think he locked up a top 2 round pick today...some stiffness in his hips which showed up in lb and bag drills but for his size he was pretty much a freak...43 de that shifts inside in the nickle...age at 26 years old as a rookie may have him on the board on day 2 longer than expected...

maliciah goodman is an interesting late round de to me...vine like arms he's got some win qualities to him imo...last day of the draft kind of interest for me...

datone jones ran about like expected i think he's a day 2 pick 43 de that shifts inside in the nickle and at 284 lbs can make some hay there as a pass rusher...he's got a rush arsenal that includes more than one plus move and a good motor...

corey lemonier 4.60 40 ran better than i expected to me he's a 3rd round de that doesn't really have anything that wows you as a edge rush player and frankly i'd rather just avoid him...motor runs hot and cold

dt brennan williams stock just keeps going up...wouldn't surprise me if coming of today and his senior bowl work and his 5.25 40 and 38 reps of 225 lbs and how well he carried that weight in drills today if he heard his name called in round 2...i don't think he gets out of day 2

devin taylor of south carolina is a long de that can run and has edge rush win qualities i like as a mid round pick...not stout at the poa i think he has the ability to add good weight and make an impact as a pass rusher down the line...43 de though him in stand up lb drills today was a joke...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -392

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    by the way fellas the way things are playing out right now barring the db class really showing up tomorrow i'm thinking the likely bpa on the board when we come on the clock at #12 will be ot lane johnson...i he gets there

either that or one of the guards warmack or cooper...one things for sure all those de's projected in the top 12 is not happening...not after today

alex okafors stock also went up today even without working out...he's probably worked his way into the top 20 when compared to the rest of this class...
    Quote Quote  

3. -393
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    by the way fellas the way things are playing out right now barring the db class really showing up tomorrow i'm thinking the likely bpa on the board when we come on the clock at #12 will be ot lane johnson...i he gets there

either that or one of the guards warmack or cooper...one things for sure all those de's projected in the top 12 is not happening...not after today

alex okafors stock also went up today even without working out...he's probably worked his way into the top 20 when compared to the rest of this class...
    Hoops, you and I both know the combine becomes a distant memory when these DE's show up at their Pro Day's and knock it out of the park. Too early in the process to think some of those DE's aren't going top 12.
    Quote Quote  

4. -394

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Hoops, you and I both know the combine becomes a distant memory when these DE's show up at their Pro Day's and knock it out of the park. Too early in the process to think some of those DE's aren't going top 12.
    pro day fields are notoriously faster usually and nfl personnel account for them...there's nothing damontre moore could do right now to get him in the top 12...nothing...

today helped okafor and carradine even...i don't even think woerners going top 15 anymore...he might be the exception given his size...today put a lot o money in ansahs pockets though no doubt about it...the rest of the de class did nothing to validate top picks
    Quote Quote  

5. -395

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    day 3 lbs...

jon bostic of florida helped himself imo...4.61 40 very fluid and explosive in drills...looks like a good mid round value to me not sure about his instincts however haven't watched much florida ball this year if anyones got any takes i'm all ears...very good showing though

arthur brown didn't participate or run but i see him as a 3 down lb in the pros many project him as a weakside backer in the 43 i thnk he has the ability to play the mike personally as well...2nd round value imo...very instinctual and flies to the football

jamie collins of usm was interesting...4.64 very explosive in drills...although i think he's played mostly with a hand in the dirt in college so a switch to lb is quite the projection...i'd like to see more of him

zavier gooden was body beautiful and ran 4.47 excelled in drills but the guys got little to no instincts as a lb as such i pass...

khaseem green 4.67 40 i think he's a late 2nd round early 3rd round value...instinctual nose for the football backer...but not rediculous athlete

kiko alonzo didn't run which was a bit surprising to me but he's got plus size and shows good instincts and fluid hips can drop and cover i think he comes of the board no later than round 4...possible late round 3

kevin minter 4.82 40 no real burst or explosion this is a 3rd round value lb being pegged in late round 1 i don't get it...average athlete lacks the speed to get to plays on the perimeter of the field...instinctual b/t the tackles lb that can be exposed in coverage and has a 2 down future in the pros...i think he's pulled in the nickle

aj klein is a sleeper mid round lb that i have as a target in the 4th round...instinctual 4.66 lb with pretty good wheels...football player

sio moore of uconn took the combine by storm...29 reps of 225 lbs 4.65 40 showed up late to the senior bowl and showed off some ability to rush the passer on the edge dominated at the east west shrine game...day 2 pick that i'm gonna try and get more of a look at his tape

alec ogletree i thought was a bit underwhelming...i expected a 4.6 backer that flew all over the field...what i got was a 4.7 one that lacks strength at the poa has a real tendency to tackle high and doesn't show great instincts at lb at this stage...still i think his best footballs in front of him...he didn't run well enough and has too many off the field incidents to go in the top 20 imo...late round 1 backer

manti teo...average pretty much across the board...4.82 40 average in the explosion drills...not a top 20 pick guy...more late round 1 early round 2 backer...got the tebow treatment by the nfl network like i expected...way too much time spent following this guys every move instead of the on field work...quite overrated imo

charles washington 4.55 265 lbs 36 reps of 225 lbs...boom...sending every team back to scour his tape...ghost at georgia on tape so some buyer beware but i'm with the group that likes him as a straight ahead pass rusher and not a guy that has to think so much as a lb...he needs to hunt the qb...situational edge pass rusher value in the 3rd round to me...i don't see how he gets out of day 2 after yesterdays showing...

chase thomas is a 3rd round value lb that is not gonna wow you with measurables and testing #'s but he's a football player...i think he'd make a nice 43 solb and he's got some provide pass rush abilities...real strength in his hands
    Quote Quote  

6. -396
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hoops I'll be updating my mock later today based on current rumors coming from the combine. You'll find my picks, for lack of a better word, interesting
    Quote Quote  

7. -397

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Hoops I'll be updating my mock later today based on current rumors coming from the combine. You'll find my picks, for lack of a better word, interesting
    well then i think you'll be pretty on target...the top of the board is flipping after this weeks work...i can tell ya that...by the way we need another corner other than milliner to really step it up today...whether it be banks or trufant or for you xavier rhodes guys...someone needs to step up and be a top half of round 1 value...

b/t rhodes strikes me as more cb/safety tweener...that's dicey stuff imo...how you end up with sean smiths...i think he'll test like one also and show more safety hips...
    Quote Quote  

8. -398

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    well then i think you'll be pretty on target...the top of the board is flipping after this weeks work...i can tell ya that...by the way we need another corner other than milliner to really step it up today...whether it be banks or trufant or for you xavier rhodes guys...someone needs to step up and be a top half of round 1 value...

b/t rhodes strikes me as more cb/safety tweener...that's dicey stuff imo...how you end up with sean smiths...i think he'll test like one also and show more safety hips...
    yeah I'm waiting till the DBs start working out, but I can tell you this, if things go as I think, Te'o will fall out of the first round and there will be A LOT of surprises.

Only thing I still have that you won't agree is Werner in the top 10. Just too much need for pass rush, but I no longer having him going 2nd overall.
    Quote Quote  

9. -399

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    yeah I'm waiting till the DBs start working out, but I can tell you this, if things go as I think, Te'o will fall out of the first round and there will be A LOT of surprises.

Only thing I still have that you won't agree is Werner in the top 10. Just too much need for pass rush, but I no longer having him going 2nd overall.
    well you may be right on woerner...i think top 5 is out the window there now but we'll see what you put together...those ot's are going higher than people think after seeing the competition at other positions i can tell ya that...if lane johnson gets by san diego at #11 somethings really wrong
    Quote Quote  

10. -400

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good time just now for David Amerson
    Quote Quote