Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -401
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not an overly fast DB group, but we'll see how they do in drills
    Quote Quote  

2. -402
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    day 4 dbs...

welcome to pick #12 consideration cb desmond trufant...5 ft 11 5/8 190 lbs 17 reps on the bench 4.38 official time...best db on the field all senior bowl week...high level on tape in both press and off man...showed solid ball skills and hands yesterday...this kids a lot closer to #12 than he is #42 after running that number at almost 6 ft tall...

welcome out of pick #12 consideration cb jonathon banks...4.6 40 isn't gonna cut it...he'll be coveted by cover 2 teams and with that kind of speed it's probably gonna be late round 1 early round 2...no more top 20 for banks

cb robert alford just locked up round 2 after posting that 4.39 official 40 time...you could see this kid sneak into the top 50...long and lean solid hips and transitioned out of his pedal well...explosive when he put his foot in the ground and drives forward...keenan lewis woth better tools...should be a miami target

cb david amerson has terrific high end physical tools...gifted feet good quick acceleration and long speed as that 4.38 can attest...technique fails him at times...if he can shore up his technique and keep his head in the game i think he can play a solid boundary corner...love the size...6 ft 1 200 plus lbs...a lot of buyer beware though...i think someone pulls the trigger on the tools in round 2

s matt elam probably locked up a top 50 pick...early round 2 guy imo...explosive will strike you not a big fan of him in the slot in man coverage looks more like a strong safety to me in the pros...some stiffness in his hips...we got a high end strike safety in reshad jones already so i'd pass...running low 4.5 really helped him

cb tyronn mathieu looking at his body you could tell he hadn't spent much time in the weight room...he was leaner than i expected in the lower half and shoulders...still he showed off terrific ball skills and very good feet ran a 4.5 flat official at just under 5 ft 9 with long arms for his size...bottom line with this kid is he's a playmaker and ballhawk...something this secondary could really use at the corner position...off the field issues like jenkins last year difference b/t him and jenkins is jenkins had top 10 pick physical tools but he still went mid round 2...mathieu doesn't possess quite that level tools but he's got a shut down attitude and swagger i really like and i don't have a problem plucking that playmaker late in round 2 or more likely where i think he comes off early round 3...slot corner with some ability to play the boundary...nose for the football...plays bigger than his size also

cb terry hawthorne 4.40 official 40 time was thick and muscular for a corner...a little stiffness transitioning out of his pedal but he's got high end feet...good tools...solid 3rd round pick cb

cb dee milliner when he ran 4.37 official locked up a top 10 pick and maybe even top 5...tapes too good against high level sec comp at that speed and size to get out of the top 10...not happening for miami...rankly though after he ran that rediculous number his day went downhill...didn't look great in drills struggled to catch the ball...but that won't deter someone in the top 10

s kenny vaccaro running in the early 4.6 range i think put his stock more in the pick 20-25 range than top 12...had he run 4.5 i think then we'd be talking top 10 possibly...15 reps of 225 lbs best cover safety in the class can man him up over the slot which is added value...

cb jordan poyer running in the low 4.5's at 5 ft 11 7/8 and 191 lbs probably locked up a 2nd half of round 2 pick...i could see him still on the board early in round 3 but he drives on the football in an off position very well and he locates the football...not sure about how much more upside there is there though...

cb xavier rhodes helped himself running in the 4.4's at 6 ft 1 1/2 and 210 with left tackle like arm length of 33 3/4...i could see him in consideration for miami at pick #12 if sean smith leaves and i like his tools a little more than smiths but there's a lot of corner safety tweener stuff there for me so it's dicey stuff...i wouldn't do it...i'd take trufant over him...rhodes is body beautiful though that's for sure but i see tweener...and i don't think he's physical enough to play safety in the pros...this is another sean smith like prospect imo

cb logan ryan ran slower than expected i think as a result he's a round 3 corner now...may be wishing he stayed in school right about now...

s philip thomas low 4.6's not bad time not the most explosive move athlete on tape...ball skills though are very apparent and solid instincts which will make up for some of the lack of acceleration and straight line speed...pretty fluid hips...a little stiffness out of his pedal...late 2nd round safety imo...teams will like the instincts and the ball skills...

cb jamar taylor helped himself also yesterday running low 4.4's...i think he's a lock pick by the end of round 3...

nickell robey at 5 ft 7 1/4 is just too short for me...i liked him as a nickle slot defender but lets put it this way if he was ever across from ryan swope in the slot he'd be giving up 5 inches to the guy...too short...i pass

cb bw webb another small school corner that helped himself yesterday...just over 5 ft 10 ran under 4.5 flashed man cover skills and burst at the senior bowl week...no later than round 4 can see him off in round 3...

by far the most shocking thing i saw yesterday was cb darius slay turn in a 4.36 official 40 time...on tape he looked more 4.6 to me...i did not see a guy that played anywhere near that fast...very fluid in drills good hips good feet...wowed me with his workout...guess i got to do more leg work there...missed the boat on his tools...worst case round 3 pick may have shot up into round 2 yesterday
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -403
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Phillip Thomas isn't an elite caliber athlete, but neither was Brock Marion when he came out of Nevada. The instincts, ball skills, size, build, and playing style reminds me a lot of Marion.

Xavier Rhodes compares favorable to Chris McAlister when he came out of Arizona. I've always thought the talk of Rhodes moving to safety was a bit ridiculous. This is a kid that Florida St. just left out on an island and could trust him. He's able to flip his hips and transition smoothly to turn and run. There was nothing they had to do in order to camoflauge any lack of ability that I see a lot of with other CB's.

To the contrary, they put him in a position where he was allowed to do what not many DB's can. The sign of a legitimate cover corner can typically always be found by what positions they're allowed to be put in. Rhodes was always on an island.
    Quote Quote  

4. -404
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Rhodes is the best press CB in the class by a comfortable margin. Also, his 11' broad and 40.5" vertical were just as impressive as his 40. Milliner gives you more scheme diversity. But I'd actually like Rhodes better for Miami if we're keeping Smith. Let both players press most of the game.

No love for Duke Williams? 4.41, 4.00 on the 3-cone, 37 inch vertical, and a 10'6 broad. I knew that he was an athlete when I saw him covering WR's at the Senior Bowl. It wasn't that he was trying to cover them. He was covering them well. Size isn't a strength at 190, but he's a hitter. I'd love to have a secondary of K. Lewis, X. Rhodes, R. Jones, and D. Williams next season. But I'd be content with Smith and Rhodes. Jones and Williams though would be really nice together. Can't see Williams lasting beyond the 3rd after his showing in the Senior Bowl and the Combine.

I also like Alford a lot. I like him a little more than I do Trufant. Trufant has really quick feet, but he was a little high in some of the DB drills . . . and that worries me a bit. Rhodes does a better job of getting down than Trufant - even though he's longer. Trufant's feet, though, are clearly quicker.

I'd rate Poyer ahead of Banks at this point. Banks would be my 6th CB (he was 4th before the combine).
    Quote Quote  

5. -405

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    man i left a few guys out...my bad...tough crowd...yes duke williams showed well...i think he's a day 2 safety at this point and i also liked what i saw from him coverage at the senior bowl...
    Quote Quote  

6. -406
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    Surprised to see banks is getting so much flack, I didn't watch the combine yesterday but he looked real good in College. Id love to see us pick up a top CB and get honey badger for the slot. I think second round for Mathieu is a bit rich for me though.

Shame Smith seems to be going, we coulda been set at CB if we kept him on top of that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -407

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I think Rhodes is the best press CB in the class by a comfortable margin. Also, his 11' broad and 40.5" vertical were just as impressive as his 40. Milliner gives you more scheme diversity. But I'd actually like Rhodes better for Miami if we're keeping Smith. Let both players press most of the game.

No love for Duke Williams? 4.41, 4.00 on the 3-cone, 37 inch vertical, and a 10'6 broad. I knew that he was an athlete when I saw him covering WR's at the Senior Bowl. It wasn't that he was trying to cover them. He was covering them well. Size isn't a strength at 190, but he's a hitter. I'd love to have a secondary of K. Lewis, X. Rhodes, R. Jones, and D. Williams next season. But I'd be content with Smith and Rhodes. Jones and Williams though would be really nice together. Can't see Williams lasting beyond the 3rd after his showing in the Senior Bowl and the Combine.

I also like Alford a lot. I like him a little more than I do Trufant. Trufant has really quick feet, but he was a little high in some of the DB drills . . . and that worries me a bit. Rhodes does a better job of getting down than Trufant - even though he's longer. Trufant's feet, though, are clearly quicker.

I'd rate Poyer ahead of Banks at this point. Banks would be my 6th CB (he was 4th before the combine).
    trufant was the best corner on the field all senior bowl week...i agree was a little high in combine drills...but i don't see that on tape...i see a tendency to squat...but when you can run 4.38 you have recovery speed...and he's got some terrific press man and off man tape at washington this last season...and when he ran what he did showed like he has and came in at almost 6 ft...lock it up...top 20 guy for me...

alford i'm with you...higher than poyer...more upside better wheels...not as polished right now but serious upside...

xavier rhodes i got such a bad taste in my mouth with sean smith that size scares me...no doubt though that kids got some tools...i don't think he's all that physical either...i'm a little leary of oversized corners...but i get with those tools at that size why many of you would really like him...
    Quote Quote  

8. -408
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rhodes at 12 makes a ton of sense...especially if Smith walks. I think Banks really hurt his stock...but he probably still won't make it to 42...his ball skills are still elite. Phillip Thomas is my favorite safety in the class...he would be a fantastic pick in the 2nd round. Id also be really intrigued with Amerson at safety...but thats risky business.
    Quote Quote  

9. -409
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more I look at these guys and who I think will be there...its coming down to Rhodes, Patterson, and Mingo for me. Obviously FA could put a tilt on that but Im really siding with Rhodes or Patterson.

Rhodes is so fluid for his size...very smooth and moves effortlessly out there. Really good press corner...and after NU's breakdown...Im intrigued by his versatility to play on both sides of the field. I think he not only has the potential to be a lock-down corner...but his ability to move around out there gives him a chance to shadow #1 receivers as opposed to being pigeon-holed to one side of the field.

As for Patterson, I just can't get over his freakish ability with the ball in his hands. I am a bit scared because he hasn't produced quite as much as what you would like for a top-15 pick...but the ability is second to none in the class. I have had Allen ranked above him previously because I think he is more polished...but then I got to thinking and Im pretty tired with the whole safe pick thing. There is no guarantee Allen works out anyways, you might as well gamble on arguably one of the most naturally talented players in the draft. (Kind of the same premise I have with Mingo in contrast with some of the other DE's).
    Quote Quote  

10. -410

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just got done with the nflpa game i taped i guess a month or more ago...pretty much a waste of time...saw nothing remotely interesting...too small too slow...specials careers guys if anything from my vantage point...
    Quote Quote