Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: hooshoops prospect takes...

1. -61
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    miss st cb jonathon banks possesses fantastic length and rediculous vine like arms and the best ball skills in the entire draft class at the position...i see some serious awareness with this kid...man or zone he looks very comfortable...at times it looks like he's peeking in the backfield a little too much and relying on his acceleration and long stride to recover but the ball skills and the way he plays the man and the ball are undeniable...i see some pretty good feet and he looks like while tackling is not gonna be a real strength he's a willing tackler and has some nastiness to him...

this is the one cb for me that i'd have to think long and hard about with our top pick if he got to me...i'm gonna be watching this kid closely at the combine to see what kind of long speed he has and at that length how much stiffness there is in his hips...i'm not seeing much change of direction looks pretty good love the feet love the length absolutely love the awareness and ball skills...

his teammate at safety nickoe whitley is a stick of damn dynamite...enforcer right there...looks like though at times he'll just drop his head and look for the kill shot and miss in space though...but cannot deny that guys a physical force...hips look pretty fluid also to me

bama miss st is a must watch next week fellas...
    Yes, yes, yes on Banks. He is a Coyle-type player, if you ask me.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    watched nickoe whitley miss a ton of tackles yesterday...i mean a ton...head down looking for kill shots or taking bad angles...

i like sean porter but i think he's an olb in a 43 scheme and not a win edge pass rusher against nfl tackles...more a blitz pass rusher at the next level...but kids explosive...more raw a pass rusher than chase thomas although i think they will both will bring the same thing pretty much as pros pass rush wise...although i think thomas has more strength in his hands...

dion jordan is long and lean and athletic and explosive and i like the way he gets off the ball but god is that kids pass rush raw...didn't see much arsenal just run around guys off the edge did most his damage when he was lined up across from a te one on one did see a nice dip move to gain the edge...but i think his rush tools are less refined than bruce irvins last year...

another game another a effort from the a & m tackles...jake matthews and joeckel never let a miss st end sniff the qb...that's mississippi states biggest problem on d not a win pass rusher on the field anywhere... matthews is a #1st round tackle fellas...all the way...perfect fit for a zbs

bamas ed lacy is a back that at the beginning of the year i called your run of the mill downhill big back...well i've changed my mind on that...he's got better feet and a more burst to him than i gave him credit for...and being that i think this team needs a better option in short yardage and goalline and to punish the defense with a big back in the 4th quarter etc i see him as a good fit...not sure how much i like that spin move in traffic however...

intrigued by oregon mike backer kiko alonzo although i have some reservations of how well he'll fit in a traditional base d...seems to me like a lot of those oregon defenders are tough projections...i like his instincts though and he was very fluid when asked to drop in pass d...

lsu mike backer donte mintner is a guy i like b/t the tackles...i question his speed on anything outside and down the field in coverage but with a mid round pick he's someone that interest me...might only be a two down backer at the next level...

other than arthur brown who i love i also like bamas cj moseley as a mike backer...insitinctual and with good speed only concern i have there is he looks like he's not very strong at the poa...

eric reid looked stiff in coverage to me yesterday kind of thing i've seen all year with him...he's got stiffness in his hips has a tough time making the transition from his pedal...looks more and more like a ss at the next level to me every day...

oklahomas tony jefferson is a safety i've had my eye on this year...i see a player that's very good at reading his run keys and attacking the los and a pretty sure tackler...if he sees it he attacks it if it's in front of him...looks like he has pretty good hips and quick acceleration also only question i have is is he more a strong safety or free at the next level...i lean free...anyways i have a solid 2nd round grade there...some questions about coverage i'd like to see answered
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -63

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a fluid list of miami targets in the top 3 rounds as i see it right now off my to date study...

wr
    keenan allen
    robert woods
    terrence williams
    steadman bailey
    quinton patton
    marquess wilson

slot wr
    tavon austin
    ryan swope

cb
    jonathon banks
    desmond trufant

safety
    kenny vaccaro
    tony jefferson

te
    tyler eifert
    zach ertz

ot
    jake matthews
    taylor lewan
    oday aboushi

og
    jonathon cooper
    chance warmack

rt/og
    barrett jones

de
    alex okafor
    dion jordan
    tank carradine

dt
    will sutton

43 mlb
    arthur brown
    cj moseley
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Hoops you think we need to look at DT in this draft................
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hoops,

Been watching Kiko Alonso quite a bit and nobody's talking about this guy. I've mentioned him in a few threads. He has a bagful of character concerns from past years but nothing recent, seems to have turned a corner. I like him a lot and he's going to be there in the third. As you say, very fluid and a good reader of the game. Solid tackler, takes a direct line to the ball.

Agree with you that Reid is a SS in the NFL, but, unlike Jefferson, he is a ballhawk and a playmaker. Jefferson is ridiculously smart and decisive, but he won't bring you turnovers. I don't think Coyle will want another player in the secondary who doesn't come into the draft with a track record of takeaways, sacks and or forced fumbles. Reid is much more of a project than Jefferson, but the end product will be better IMO.

You already know how I feel about Chase Thomas. Dion Jordan is fascinating, he could be a really interesting hybrid player in the NFL who gives offences a certain look pre-snap but moves all over the place, sometimes on the slot, sometimes covering TEs, sometimes with his hand in the ground, sometimes on the blitz from the A gap.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    glad to see you mention Little Trufant Hoops. Fairly underrated prospect IMO who has been on some pretty crappy defenses.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    This defensive end class is too talented to ignore. Two more guys I was just looking at the other day that kind of blew me away were Quanterus Smith of Western Kentucky and Walter Stewart of Cincinnati. Incidentally, what the hell do they put in the water at Cincinnati. They keep producing these unusually explosive defensive linemen.

Stewart has sticks of dynamite in his ankles and Smith is just brutal and relentless with good use of hands as a pass rusher, and the ability to be an every down defensive end.
    With good depth at DE, maybe we can wait until the 3rd for a DE. Which leaves our first and second rounders on defensive backfield and receivers. If I walk out with Banks/Milliner in the first with a second round receiver like Stedman Bailey then I'd be ecstatic. Still a couple of day two picks for an end, linebacker, safety, or guard.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hoops you don't have Milliner at corner? I like him. He knows how to play. I think he projects well. You know his skills will translate. Saban's system doesn't hide you at corner. We would know what we are getting with the kid.

Since there seems to be more depth at receiver, I am coming to the conclusion I want to grab a corner in round one. Although a Justin Hunter style receiver with size and speed could work well too. Still a major need for speed and playmakers. Too many impact players still needed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    Hoops you think we need to look at DT in this draft................
    you lose starks and mcdaniel and dt is a need...but more than that will sutton is a freaking animal as an interior pass rusher...loses some steam when shifted outside to end but if there's a better interior pass rusher in college football i haven't seen him...cat quick into gaps plays with great leverage and strength and when he gets there he finishes...this is a guy no ones talking about cause he plays for arizona st but he just wrecks people...beat cal by himself...43 pentrating dt premium talent...only questions are how tall is he and what's he weigh??? i'm thinking comes in at 6 ft 2 290...
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At TE, Ertz blows in my opinion. If I'm going all-rounder and Eifert is gone, it's Stoneburner, followed some distance behind by Gragg.

if its receiver-type TE with limited blocking assignments, it could be Fauria. I'd give Ertz about a 4th round grade.
    Quote Quote