Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Has any other GM had a worse draft run in the past 5 years than J. Ireland?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

UGH Has any other GM had a worse draft run in the past 5 years than J. Ireland?

I just went over the Drafts from 2007-2012 and wow. Year after year of boneheaded picks that amounted to nothing. When will this guy just leave!!!???
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have you bothered to take a look at our very own draft history? Miami Dolphins historically are terrible at drafting! The only era we were good at it waqs when Jimmy Johnson was here and we were still only good at picking up defensive players and hitting on about 50% of those defensive picks. We have never drafted well, sporadically we have drafted a few gems here and there, but as an organization we suck at drafting.....I believe fans on this site could have drafted better over the last 30 years a hell of a lot better than what we've been forced to root for!

Taking a look at the last decade and the GM that has done the best for us is our GM, and please don't make me out to be for Ireland because I am not, but the facts are facts.....he sucks, but our history of drafting sucks too!

Also, keep in mind when you are blasting someone blast them for what they are responsible for, not someone else's failure. Ireland came in to power in 2008 along with Parcells, Gaines and Sparano.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    Have you bothered to take a look at our very own draft history? Miami Dolphins historically are terrible at drafting! The only era we were good at it waqs when Jimmy Johnson was here and we were still only good at picking up defensive players and hitting on about 50% of those defensive picks. We have never drafted well, sporadically we have drafted a few gems here and there, but as an organization we suck at drafting.....I believe fans on this site could have drafted better over the last 30 years a hell of a lot better than what we've been forced to root for!

Taking a look at the last decade and the GM that has done the best for us is our GM, and please don't make me out to be for Ireland because I am not, but the facts are facts.....he sucks, but our history of drafting sucks too!

Also, keep in mind when you are blasting someone blast them for what they are responsible for, not someone else's failure. Ireland came in to power in 2008 along with Parcells, Gaines and Sparano.
    meeeh.....TOUCHE!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Browns (granted they have had like 3 or 4 different GMs) haven't exactly set the world on fire with their drafting during the same time frame.

The Rams old GM (Devaney?) had some horrible drafts

Brian Xander's 2009 draft was very bad, and outside of Von Miller his draft picks have been okay at best.

Rick Spielman hasn't done so hot in Minny after getting lucky drafting Adrian Peterson

One of the reasons the Colts sucked so bad last year without Peyton was Polian's poor drafting.

Gene Smith in Jacksonville hasn't had a good hit-to-miss ratio recently.

Marty Hurney is lucky Cam Newton is looking so good. 2007 was his last great draft (Jon Beason, Ryan Kalil, and Charles Johnson) and he got Jonathan Stewart a year later. But he missed on a lot (including trading a first rounder to move up in the 2nd for Everette Brown)

AJ Smith had 2 very good drafts in 04 and 05 but his drafts have steadily gotten worse.

Jerry Angelo just got fired from Chicago because his drafts had gotten pretty bad.

So other GMs have had rough stretches, but our problem goes beyond Ireland as we really haven't had a long term good draft for awhile. The 2005 draft under Saban looked good early but ended up a dud. Same with The 2008 draft under Ireland and Parcells. Hell people loved our 2010 draft as well.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Millen.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Bills. flat out disgusting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Parcells had way too much influence to take a shot at Ireland. I actually think he has done well the past two years. He needs to hit on a seam threat tight end though.
    Quote Quote