Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do you like Ireland and his direction?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    81 24.18%
  • no

    254 75.82%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 124

Thread: Ireland's approval rating

  1. -11
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    463
    vCash:
    1689
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ...or dolphins employees, or losers..
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    ATL_PHIN_FAN's Avatar
    Winner Under Construction

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2012
    Posts:
    905
    vCash:
    2152
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sorry OP, this is not a yes or no question to me. I believe there's too much we don't know about Ireland's intentions. It very well could be that this past couple of drafts turn out to be OK. He's certainly set us up for a great upcoming draft for skill positions and plenty of cap space for a great FA as well. I will have to abstain. LOL, call me a Jets fan if you like. But, you know that's not true.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

    - Don Shula


    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    dolfaneric12's Avatar
    Sucker Free Sunday

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    423
    vCash:
    2578
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the fact Ireland finally drafted a QB in the first round after years of previous regimes not doing so. Hate him for the fact that besides Jake Long, the team doesn't have any elite players.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Kyndig's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    870
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I'm going to keep this simple because a lot of people may not like the job hes doing but don't want him fired for various other reasons. So simply put, do you like what he's done with the team so far?
    I like that he drafted Tannehill which was a no brainier, I like how we are set next year. I don't trust he will draft well
    with all those extra picks, don't trust him, hate what he did with the receiver position and it's inexcusable that the online is still
    not that strong all things considered.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,409
    vCash:
    8564
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Can we please just state our opinions without calling everyone a jet fan that disagrees with us??
    I personally like Jeff from what we have been able to see of him. I like his attitude, the way he treats players, and the fact that so many trouble makers don't like him. I like how tough he negotiates, how he doesn't sign every big name FA that comes along just because fans want him to. I like that he has put us in pretty good cap situation.

    But after all the things I like about him are put up vs the talent of the team I have to say that as much as I like him, I don't trust him being in charge of our draft. I have changed my mind about him and am ready for a change, even though it may mean starting over a bit. I think Ross should quietly be looking for GMs that would be willing to work with Philbin so that we don't have to once again change the direction of the team. I don't dislike Ireland, but I have seen about all that I need to see to know that he will never bring in superior talent.

    OH and BTW if you don't agree with EVERYTHING I said you are a low life jet fan
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,082
    vCash:
    4648
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfaneric12 View Post
    I like the fact Ireland finally drafted a QB in the first round after years of previous regimes not doing so. Hate him for the fact that besides Jake Long, the team doesn't have any elite players.
    If he was really confident in his picks he would have traded up for RG3 and made a real statement.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,963
    vCash:
    2746
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finland View Post
    If he was really confident in his picks he would have traded up for RG3 and made a real statement.
    I guess we should tried to trade up for luck instead. wait you probably don't want luck because RGIII clearly is on the fast track to canton after one game.

    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    Why did it have to be snakes?

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    14,223
    vCash:
    68148
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I guess we should tried to trade up for luck instead. wait you probably don't want luck because RGIII clearly is on the fast track to canton after one game.
    Yep. RG3 had a nice game but that Saints team was absolutely putrid. He won't put up 40 points throwing bubble screens every week. Just like Ryan Tannehill isn't going to throw two picks off of batted balls next week.

    Well, I assume they're not, anyway.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,082
    vCash:
    4648
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I guess we should tried to trade up for luck instead. wait you probably don't want luck because RGIII clearly is on the fast track to canton after one game.
    Willbill3, Luck was not to be had in a trade but RG3 was, that is the difference. And it has nothing to do with his "one game" I think he is great. So far he looks and acts great too. Yes I would have made the trade for a QB that was not a project we have had enough of those. I hope Tannehill pans out as much as you at this point. Listen, I have HATED the Redskins since they beat Miami in 1983, and I don't really like Shanahan either, but I gave them big props for the move and even bigger when they added another QB to boot. It is what Maimi has needed for ages. I applaud things I like, and I liked that move by Washington. Good for them. I'm a football fan as well as a Dolphins fan. We need someone picking players that has some balls like that!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,068
    vCash:
    2120
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Free Agency- Starks, Wake, Soliai, Dansby, Burnett, Marshall, Cog, Naanee, Moore, Bess, Javorski.

    Trades- Bush, Fasano, McD,

    Draft- Long, Pouncey, Martin, Jerry, Clay, Hartline, Thomas, Tannehill, Miller, Odrick, Shelby, Vernon, Misi, Smith, Jones, Clemons, Wilson.

    That's what we have after 5 years, and not knowing who did what, when or how. Ireland has been in the mix. How do you like your team?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Obama's approval rating at 42%....
    By FinFan 13 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 01:43 AM
  2. Bush approval rating under 40% AGAIN.
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
  3. Saban has 95% approval rating
    By DolfanTom in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
  4. 96% approval rating for Saban
    By A Wing Pilot in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
  5. Bush's approval rating and the congress rating its a race
    By I'llrise in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •