Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do you like Ireland and his direction?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

81 24.18%
  • no

254 75.82%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland's approval rating

1. -31
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Talk about over reacting, We have a rookie qb who has played 1 game, threw 3 ints in 2 min., and thats called superb.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    So far 3 mediocrity lovers voted yes.
    LOL.

16 people now...

Unreal, that they think Ireland is a good GM...
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's not perfect by any means, but we don't draft players like Jaquan Jarrett early in the second at least. The Patriots missed on Marriweather also so they all make mistakes. Ireland has his share too (Gates) but I like Ireland because 1. I like Daniel Thomas 2. I like Lamar Miller in the 4th 3. Pouncy WAS the correct pick. 4. Odrick and Misi for the 12th overall pick that year was pretty damn good imo 4. Jones and CLemons were steals 5. Bess 6. I like his cheap ass philosophy and how he gives opportunities to guys like Nolan Caroll who EARN IT. 7. He is highly intelligent and hard working imo and we have a great roster imo again it just isn't going to mesh overnight.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL_PHIN_FAN View Post
    Put that way,I'd have to say it's a great base to build from. However, no way that should have taken 5 years. 3 to 4 years sounds about right to get what we have there. It is by no means a complete team. I understand why people are pissed. But, like I said, this is a solid base to build from and it will be a nearly complete team next year.

Following years should be just holding onto what we have and adding gravy as opportunities arise. It's also a very young team, so we'll be able to comfortably draft need in high rounds without much guilt or question as to what those needs are as players age.
    A great base to build on? Holy crap am I living in an alternate universe. Under what criteria does that constitute a great foundation? Seriously, I think Ireland could take a dump in a bucket, put a mr potato head eyes mustache and lips on it, call it our new starting wr and some people would say "good job Jeff"
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Winner Under Construction

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    A great base to build on? Holy crap am I living in an alternate universe. Under what criteria does that constitute a great foundation? Seriously, I think Ireland could take a dump in a bucket, put a mr potato head eyes mustache and lips on it, call it our new starting wr and some people would say "good job Jeff"
    (shrugs) I guess we don't value players the same way. Oh well . .
    Last edited by ATL_PHIN_FAN; 09-12-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

- Don Shula

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by DcDolfan420 View Post
    He's not perfect by any means, but we don't draft players like Jaquan Jarrett early in the second at least. The Patriots missed on Marriweather also so they all make mistakes. Ireland has his share too (Gates) but I like Ireland because 1. I like Daniel Thomas 2. I like Lamar Miller in the 4th 3. Pouncy WAS the correct pick. 4. Odrick and Misi for the 12th overall pick that year was pretty damn good imo 4. Jones and CLemons were steals 5. Bess 6. I like his cheap ass philosophy and how he gives opportunities to guys like Nolan Caroll who EARN IT. 7. He is highly intelligent and hard working imo and we have a great roster imo again it just isn't going to mesh overnight.

Wow. I guess some people are just gonna see what they want to see
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Everyone is overreacting. still. you just want to fire a guy for the sake of firing a guy. What then? Whats your answer? Why now? It makes absolutely no sense at this point in time.
    I totally agree with you.. To fire Jill Ireland now would be shear stupidity.. but he must be added on the "To be Fired" list.. Everything about Ireland reeks like dog poo.. but the man has kept the cap under control... Start putting the feelers out there that a new GM position will be open soon and lets see what kinda responses we get..
    Mr Ross.. you failed us!!!

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

Everyone is overreacting..

Bottom line for me is we are one star WR and CB away from being great
    while Thill gets experience. Our roster is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. Mark my words, the Buffalo Bills are going to be so far worse than us come game 16. This team is not far off on paper.

I cant stand Naanee. It is the one thing Ireland truly screwed up but to suggest that every GM out there gets it right all the time is crazy. Truth is, they f up all the time!

The only reason why Ireland is so bad is cus of dez bryant. people hate him for that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    lol. eveyrone was stomping on irelands dick before the draft and after the marshall trade. then after the draft everyone was happy with the draft, and looking forward to the season. then what changed? a vontae trade and 4 preseason losses and one regular season loss. now you guys are back to stomping on ireland's dick. some people are just as predictable as the dolphins regular season record.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    lol. eveyrone was stomping on irelands dick before the draft and after the marshall trade. then after the draft everyone was happy with the draft, and looking forward to the season. then what changed? a vontae trade and 4 preseason losses and one regular season loss. now you guys are back to stomping on ireland's dick. some people are just as predictable as the dolphins regular season record.
    Yep, and it's the usual suspects too with their not-so-insightful "if you like just one thing Ireland has done here, you are a mediocrity lover" arguments.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote