Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MERGED: Thats why BMarsh was traded

1. -31
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    well many a receiver has a good year or two but Marshall at his worst was an 81 catch guy . Hell Cruz dropped like 3 last week and nonbody is saying he sucks. 5 straight years over 80 receptions makes Marshall an elite receiver

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Dont get me wrong I would take any of them except Smith over Brandon long term but cant have guys with much less success ranked over him
    Cruz droppped three - but keeps his mouth shut - you can count BM OUT everytime he opens his mouth
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even given our serious lack of WR's, I dont miss Marshall. It is time to build a corps of WR's that run routes dependably and catch reliably so that we can start to have a productive west coast offense. Basket case prima donnas who drop a lot of balls don't set good examples.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    well many a receiver has a good year or two but Marshall at his worst was an 81 catch guy . Hell Cruz dropped like 3 last week and nonbody is saying he sucks. 5 straight years over 80 receptions makes Marshall an elite receiver

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Dont get me wrong I would take any of them except Smith over Brandon long term but cant have guys with much less success ranked over him
    It's not about stats being padded by being a clear number 1 option it's about making plays and being there for your team. By this logic of five 80 straight catch seasons and not having as much as success as marshall has had in his career then that means magatron isn't better then marshall since he only has 1 80+ catching season? This is a right now top 10 not a all time ranking list of current players in the league. Right now megatron over mashall and it's not even in the same galaxy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Even given our serious lack of WR's, I dont miss Marshall. It is time to build a corps of WR's that run routes dependably and catch reliably so that we can start to have a productive west coast offense. Basket case prima donnas who drop a lot of balls don't set good examples.
    Hartline drops just as many passes as Marshall but is less productive and doesnt make the defenses double team him.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    It's not about stats being padded by being a clear number 1 option it's about making plays and being there for your team. By this logic of five 80 straight catch seasons and not having as much as success as marshall has had in his career then that means magatron isn't better then marshall since he only has 1 80+ catching season? This is a right now top 10 not a all time ranking list of current players in the league.
    Megatron has had qb injury issues and Marhsall has had alot of just bad qb issues and has been on two straight bad teams . marshall is still a top receiver and gets the job down everywhere he goes. He is just a a trainwreck off the field. We should have never traded as much as we did in the first place. I said that from day one. I just cant act like he is not one of the best
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Megatron has had qb injury issues and Marhsall has had alot of just bad qb issues and has been on two straight bad teams . marshall is still a top receiver and gets the job down everywhere he goes. He is just a a trainwreck off the field. We should have never traded as much as we did in the first place. I said that from day one. I just cant act like he is not one of the best
    Just because you're not top 10 doesn't mean you're not top 10 nor elite of course he's one of the best but we live in the present and megatron is in another galaxy(from other receivers too) who can catch **** throws and make his QB look like a genius.

Edit: Also to make it clear I would take marshall back anyday of the week the WR we our left with is humorous I had hoped we had a backup plan for the WR core. We were foooooooooooooled
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeShorts View Post
    Remember how many games we lost because of his "beast hands"? I was in the end zone Monday Night Football against the Colts when he dropped 2 TD passes. That game still haunts me as a fan and although I am not an Ireland fan, I think he got that trade right.
    Was Marshall even on the team when we played the Colts Monday Night? I don't think so. It was Ted Ginn Jr. who dropped the game-winning TD. But I don't recall if Ginn dropped two TDs in that game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Predaphin View Post
    I never had a problem trading BMarsh...it was not having a backup plan to replace him that bothered me
    agreed - and then for the GM and coach to joke that they should play pin-the-tail on the donkey to see who makes the team is bush league. They craeted the problem.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks

SAME OLD BS Marshall's Drop

Wide Open....Ball in his hands....his chosen QB...and he DROPS it.

What's the excuse this time Brandon. We remember the BS in the off season about the way the QBs were throwing you the ball!!! What's the story this time?
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing unusual with him dropping TD's. he dropped like 7-8 last year alone
    Quote Quote