Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: 60 yard FG contest?/Updated Correction: Actually is a 40 yard FG contest

1. -11
    In memoriam

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, what a ridiculous idea. The *only* possible move now is claim a typo and say it was 6 yards. Which most people might miss, actually.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slickrickpuppy View Post
    People need to stop bLAMING ross..how about mike dee...he probaly the one that made ross keep ireland..and made ross get those celebs as parttime owners.

Pribay a lot more truth to that than most realize.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if Florio actually confirmed that it would be indeed a 60 yard field goal try? My guess is, it was a typo on the part of the Dolphins. If not, a head scratcher for sure.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny how when I listen to the radio, and I hear one of the commentators, in this case Andy Slater bitch about some stupid contest... it appears in this forum about 5 minutes later.

Once again... just having to find some other reason to pile on how much this organization sucks.

I wonder what it will be tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol, did you see this comment from someone on that article:

This week the Dolphins are honoring the ’72 team with a free hat, and they’re honoring the Tony Sparano Era with missed 60 yard FG attempts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    If you dont want to try it do then dont. End of story.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    I wonder if Florio actually confirmed that it would be indeed a 60 yard field goal try? My guess is, it was a typo on the part of the Dolphins. If not, a head scratcher, for sure.
    I thought so too initially, but then I read the contest rules and it said 3 contestants will attempt a fieldgoal from the 50 yard line. It seems like too perfect of a number to be a typo. Did they mean 15 yard line?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol it is funny how many people bitched about Philbin micromanaging the players. This is the same thing....who cares! It is a stupid half time show. Maybe if nobody wins the money gets donated to charity or something like that. Either way, nobody who is not at the game will never even know about it. This is so ridiculous. I have seen basketball do full court shots for money. Nobody bitches about that. You waste time complaining about something that you don't even care about....let it go man, let it go!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Lol it is funny how many people bitched about Philbin micromanaging the players. This is the same thing....who cares! It is a stupid half time show. Maybe if nobody wins the money gets donated to charity or something like that. Either way, nobody who is not at the game will never even know about it. This is so ridiculous. I have seen basketball do full court shots for money. Nobody bitches about that. You waste time complaining about something that you don't even care about....let it go man, let it go!

Good point about the full court shot! I have seen that, too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Foolish post, dont you know half the people on here pray that the team and those associated with it fail? So they can have a good rant and say "I told you so."
    Quote Quote