Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: 60 yard FG contest?/Updated Correction: Actually is a 40 yard FG contest

1. -71
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    This is epic.
    Mike McQueery just tweeted that he logged on to FH and heard "rhythmic slapping sounds" coming from the main forum. He clicked on this thread and claims he witnessed a handicapper abusing a moderator.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Let's get the thread back on track and refrain from the personal attacks. I have already proved Doogie's accusation to be false, so that should be the end of it.

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pitiful.

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they should have taken it a step further and gave away $1 billion for a 100 yard field goal.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    they should have taken it a step further and gave away $1 billion for a 100 yard field goal.
    Franchise is only worth a little more than $1B.

What if someone makes it?
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If someone makes it I'll eat dirt.
    -

Next to Marino's fake spike touchdown to Ingram, the hook-and-ladder play comes in second. What a beauty.

_
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Sorry, that type of deflective post doesn't work if I show up. You tried to fool a handicapper in the audience, and failed miserably.

I don't know anything about this contest but from sampling the thread quickly I can easily piece together what happened here: Others properly mocked the contest and particularly the obscene distance, which equated to a likelihood of success of literally less than .01. You instinctively adopted apologist mode and leaped into the thread, failing to grasp that the distance was the vital variable, the one that indeed could be in error. Instead, you assumed the organization was fool proof and asserted we don't know anything about the potential participants and their capabilities. Unbelievable. It's like requiring a sub-10 second 100 meters and fretting that we don't know the makeup of the field. They may be Olympic finalists.

Still, I was going to let it go minus comment until this post, the one I quoted above. Once others had mocked you for defending the contest, you scrambled for all related info and eventually stumbled across the information that the Dolphins had changed the distance. After all, you're the news poster, the guy who gets everything first. You were relieved nobody had updated the thread with the idea that 40 is the new 60, so you straightened your tie, wiped off the blood, and waltzed into the room with your convenient "guess" that the press release was inaccurate, and a change was forthcoming. You were determined to look good when somebody inevitably posted the update. The fact that it occurred only 7 minutes following your post, and in the subsequent comment, is all I need to know in evaluating the situation. This is a simple one, like Richard Floyd McCoy as D.B. Cooper.

I'm needed to help an ailing relative but I guarantee it somebody looks into the situation they discover that the 40 yard info was available elsewhere, and prior to Nublar's post at 4:12 PM. That would be a simple bet, and not a small one.
    If this type of gold is commonly found in vip I may have to join. You're a hell of a writer dooger
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    If this type of gold is commonly found in vip I may have to join. You're a hell of a writer dooger
    Tremendous fiction writer.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Sorry, that type of deflective post doesn't work if I show up. You tried to fool a handicapper in the audience, and failed miserably.

I don't know anything about this contest but from sampling the thread quickly I can easily piece together what happened here: Others properly mocked the contest and particularly the obscene distance, which equated to a likelihood of success of literally less than .01. You instinctively adopted apologist mode and leaped into the thread, failing to grasp that the distance was the vital variable, the one that indeed could be in error. Instead, you assumed the organization was fool proof and asserted we don't know anything about the potential participants and their capabilities. Unbelievable. It's like requiring a sub-10 second 100 meters and fretting that we don't know the makeup of the field. They may be Olympic finalists.

Still, I was going to let it go minus comment until this post, the one I quoted above. Once others had mocked you for defending the contest, you scrambled for all related info and eventually stumbled across the information that the Dolphins had changed the distance. After all, you're the news poster, the guy who gets everything first. You were relieved nobody had updated the thread with the idea that 40 is the new 60, so you straightened your tie, wiped off the blood, and waltzed into the room with your convenient "guess" that the press release was inaccurate, and a change was forthcoming. You were determined to look good when somebody inevitably posted the update. The fact that it occurred only 7 minutes following your post, and in the subsequent comment, is all I need to know in evaluating the situation. This is a simple one, like Richard Floyd McCoy as D.B. Cooper.

I'm needed to help an ailing relative but I guarantee it somebody looks into the situation they discover that the 40 yard info was available elsewhere, and prior to Nublar's post at 4:12 PM. That would be a simple bet, and not a small one.
    Nublar said it before the press release, but this guy said it before Nublar

Page 2 - 3:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    My guess is, it was a typo on the part of the Dolphins

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

10. -80
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    If by epic, you mean epic fail by Doogie, than yes epic. I already proved him wrong in my response. The fact that he took so much issue with what I said and ended up with egg on his face just makes me shake my head. However, there is no need to start taking personal shots at members and I don't wish to drag Doogie through the mud.
    Not only was the post he put up absolutely hysterical, the abuse that guy put on you was so brutal that you had it moved to a forum called "the depths of the sea."
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote