Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: 60 yard FG contest?/Updated Correction: Actually is a 40 yard FG contest

1. -61
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Figured the press release was inaccurate.
    No, the press release was accurate. The people running the contest just don't know football.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Hmmm...now that I think about it, if this is a halftime show I'll be good and drunk at that point.

I may need it in 45 yards closer.
    You will be that drunk in jail?
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Honestly though now that my laughter tears are subsiding from those overreacting, my guess is that what was put in that press release was inaccurate. I bet that we will see a change in how far that kick actually is.
    Sorry, that type of deflective post doesn't work if I show up. You tried to fool a handicapper in the audience, and failed miserably.

I don't know anything about this contest but from sampling the thread quickly I can easily piece together what happened here: Others properly mocked the contest and particularly the obscene distance, which equated to a likelihood of success of literally less than .01. You instinctively adopted apologist mode and leaped into the thread, failing to grasp that the distance was the vital variable, the one that indeed could be in error. Instead, you assumed the organization was fool proof and asserted we don't know anything about the potential participants and their capabilities. Unbelievable. It's like requiring a sub-10 second 100 meters and fretting that we don't know the makeup of the field. They may be Olympic finalists.

Still, I was going to let it go minus comment until this post, the one I quoted above. Once others had mocked you for defending the contest, you scrambled for all related info and eventually stumbled across the information that the Dolphins had changed the distance. After all, you're the news poster, the guy who gets everything first. You were relieved nobody had updated the thread with the idea that 40 is the new 60, so you straightened your tie, wiped off the blood, and waltzed into the room with your convenient "guess" that the press release was inaccurate, and a change was forthcoming. You were determined to look good when somebody inevitably posted the update. The fact that it occurred only 7 minutes following your post, and in the subsequent comment, is all I need to know in evaluating the situation. This is a simple one, like Richard Floyd McCoy as D.B. Cooper.

I'm needed to help an ailing relative but I guarantee it somebody looks into the situation they discover that the 40 yard info was available elsewhere, and prior to Nublar's post at 4:12 PM. That would be a simple bet, and not a small one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Sorry, that type of deflective post doesn't work if I show up. You tried to fool a handicapper in the audience, and failed miserably.

I don't know anything about this contest but from sampling the thread quickly I can easily piece together what happened here: Others properly mocked the contest and particularly the obscene distance, which equated to a likelihood of success of literally less than .01. You instinctively adopted apologist mode and leaped into the thread, failing to grasp that the distance was the vital variable, the one that indeed could be in error. Instead, you assumed the organization was fool proof and asserted we don't know anything about the potential participants and their capabilities. Unbelievable. It's like requiring a sub-10 second 100 meters and fretting that we don't know the makeup of the field. They may be Olympic finalists.

Still, I was going to let it go minus comment until this post, the one I quoted above. Once others had mocked you for defending the contest, you scrambled for all related info and eventually stumbled across the information that the Dolphins had changed the distance. After all, you're the news poster, the guy who gets everything first. You were relieved nobody had updated the thread with the idea that 40 is the new 60, so you straightened your tie, wiped off the blood, and waltzed into the room with your convenient "guess" that the press release was inaccurate, and a change was forthcoming. You were determined to look good when somebody inevitably posted the update. The fact that it occurred only 7 minutes following your post, and in the subsequent comment, is all I need to know in evaluating the situation. This is a simple one, like Richard Floyd McCoy as D.B. Cooper.

I'm needed to help an ailing relative but I guarantee it somebody looks into the situation they discover that the 40 yard info was available elsewhere, and prior to Nublar's post at 4:12 PM. That would be a simple bet, and not a small one.
    Couldn't be more wrong Doogie. Seeing that I first mentioned that it was probably a misprint in my 3:32PM post and the PFT article came a half hour later, it wasn't a thought I suddenly came up with. Don't try and make this personal.

Quote Quote  

5. -65
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: 60 yard FG contest?/Updated Correction: Actually is a 40 yard FG contest

oh only a 40 oh ok my 87yr old nana can hit that
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I find it more amusing that nobody is commenting on how PFT posted not 1 but 2 articles on the Dolphins halftime show! Are you kidding me? That is what they devote time talking about? I am sure there is something more pressing like, I don't know, the team? PFT is a joke but this is beneath even them. The halftime show? How ludicrous! Who would possibly care about that?lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif GIFSoup
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

PATHETIC

Just logged-in. Just read the news. One word: sad.
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote  

9. -69
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is epic.

Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    This is epic.
    If by epic, you mean epic fail by Doogie, than yes epic. I already proved him wrong in my response. The fact that he took so much issue with what I said and ended up with egg on his face just makes me shake my head. However, there is no need to start taking personal shots at members and I don't wish to drag Doogie through the mud.
    Quote Quote