Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 phins draft

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by madridfinfan View Post
    So were basically humped if our hopes
    Are to get some QB pressure out of a DE outside of anyone named wake. FA list doesn't look so hot next year. So that would put even more importance in drafting an OLB rusher early, in top 3 rounds.

Man I wanted BRuce Irvin in this last draft .
    Did you see him manhandle Baluga the other night?!
    Should have been flagged for illegal hands to the face on one of his sacks but he's definitely showing the pass rushing skills that got him drafted high. I was surprised he went that high in the draft to be honest.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Me too. I was thinking or hopo gana he would last til the 5th.

What are Your thoughts On jarvis jones/OLB as a prospect and potential target next year?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If our Front office weren't such retards neglecting the WR and TE positions, I'd have been pumped to go D top 5 picks next draft:
    OLB, CB, FS, DE, ILB in first 3 rounds.

Unfortunately the reality is we have no speed or playmakers on O and need a #1 and 2 WR and starting TE. Rest of O should suffice (with mid round OL depth).
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't keyed on Jarvis Jones yet...got one of his games DVR'd but initially I would say he's got a heck of a burst, natural pass rushing skills, plays with good leverage, strong hands too. I need to see how he looks in pass coverage but I think he may be the top OLB in this draft right now.

It would have been nice to get a WR in this draft but 3 games into the season the only ones that have caught a pass in every game are Kendall Wright and Alshon Jeffery...and I'm not convinced Alshon Jeffery won't balloon up after this season...I just don't trust that kid. The WR class, as a whole, is a bit disappointing this year. Everyone was up in arms about Stephen Hill who in the first game had 5 catches for 89 yards and 2 TDs...he's been blanked the last two week...didn't even have a catch against us...actually had a drop. His route running is awful and his hands are pretty bad. Rueben Randell has 1 catch for 4 yards, Justin Blackmon who was supposed to be a stud and really the only target for Jacksonville has 4 catches for 31 yards. That's not to say that these guys won't bust out next year after a year of experience but I'm not sure how much help Tannehill would have gotten from this group this year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was hoping for Mohammed Sanu in the last draft. Any idea how hes done the first 2 games?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was hoping for Mohammed Sanu in the last draft. Any idea how hes done the first 2 games?
    He threw a 73 yard TD to A.J. Green but hasn't caught a pass yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So were basically humped if our hopes
    Are to get some QB pressure out of a DE outside of anyone named wake. FA list doesn't look so hot next year. So that would put even more importance in drafting an OLB rusher early, in top 3 rounds.

Man I wanted BRuce Irvin in this last draft .
    Did you see him manhandle Baluga the other night?!
    That Seattle defense may be the best in football. They have pressure players everywhere. You rarely see pass rushers in free agency, unless it might be a vet with a year left. We have to draft pass rushers. I like CK"s idea, but I'd do it a little differently. Take Bjoern Werner in Round 1, trade back up and get Chase Thomas Round 1 (trade a 2 and 3), Stedman Bailey or best wr in Round 2. Then concentrate on getting the best players at positions of need another wr, safety, corner, backup qb, maybe another running back to challenge D. Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we could get a Greg Jennings type impact FA especially at WR or CB, and resign our own main cogs...My ideal draft at this point would go something like
    1. Werner/Mingo DE
    2. Sean Porter OLB
    2. Steadman Bailey WR
    3. Zach Ertz TE
    3. Bacarri Rambo S
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we don't sign a starting FA CB, which I don't think we will, we need to CB early, round 3 at the latest. I know TE has a need, but think it can wait til round 4. Other than that your draft looks solid.
    Quote Quote