Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 phins draft

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There all pass rushers, dion jordon would be a stud dude, but truth be told, hunter will be the better WR at the end of the day way higher ceiling
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    CK you need to put in what positions they play were not all guru like you..............
    LOL.

DE Bjoern Werner (FSU), WR Stedman Bailey (WVU), CB Terry Hawthorne (Illinois), FS Shamarko Thomas (Syracuse), DE Cornellius Carridine (FSU).

The multiple DE approach might not be realistic but I would keep an open mind based on the following:

1. The DE class in this year's Draft is THE banner position
    2. You never want to run out of fresh bullets to fire at the QB in terms of pass rush
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Terry Hawthorne has been the best Senior CB prospect in the B1G for over a year and a half in my opinion... and I watched Quinton Patton absolutely destroy Hawthorne last weekend. Patton is the kid that's underrated at the WR position.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xavier Rhodes for CB?

LSU's Eric Reid for SS is an interesting guy for top of the 2nd Round maybe. A bit of a wild animal out there, from what I've seen, prone to get out of position trying to make the big play, but he's a very aggressive instinctual safety.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should we be targeting strictly DE pass rushers or should we entertain OLBs as well. Which college prospects would translate Best to DE and which to OLB in our 4-3 system?

Could O. Vernons or Shelbys game be molded to OLB?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm right with you CK. If we can get a WR via FA,
    I'd go:
    1-DE
    2-WR
    2-CB
    3-FS
    3-OLB/ILB

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

And what to do about the TE position?
    Clay has dropped off the face of the earth, Egnew is totally inept.

What TEs will be available in FA?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by madridfinfan View Post
    Should we be targeting strictly DE pass rushers or should we entertain OLBs as well. Which college prospects would translate Best to DE and which to OLB in our 4-3 system?

Could O. Vernons or Shelbys game be molded to OLB?
    Vernon and Shelby are not OLBs in the 4-3...you can maybe get away with it in the 3-4 but not in the 4-3.

Considering our OLBs (Burnett and Misi) have done nothing from a pass rush stand point I think it would be a good idea to look at OLB for the draft, if for nothing else than depth which we don't have at the position anyway.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. Our depth at all LB spotsis atrocious, and thats being generous.So if we find a pass rushing 4-3 DE in round 1, we can push Odrick to DT where he is better suited. He'd be great depth, but could be a very good starter. The dilemma come up with what do we do with Starks. Do we keep him and have one of the the top 3 DLs in football, or let him sign elsewhere and use that money on a position of need?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by madridfinfan View Post
    I agree. Our depth at all LB spotsis atrocious, and thats being generous.So if we find a pass rushing 4-3 DE in round 1, we can push Odrick to DT where he is better suited. He'd be great depth, but could be a very good starter. The dilemma come up with what do we do with Starks. Do we keep him and have one of the the top 3 DLs in football, or let him sign elsewhere and use that money on a position of need?
    I'd rather keep Starks...D-line has been outstanding against the run and Starks has provided some inside pass rush. I'd love a rotation of Soliai, Starks, Odrick and Randell at the DT spot. That would be stellar and there would be no need to address the DT spot in the draft for at least two or three years IMO (provided we re-sign Starks in 2013 and Soliai in 2014). I don't like the rotation of Wake, Vernon, Shelby and whatever rookie at DE...a rare thing when a rookie DE has major production...usually takes a year or two like it did for Jason Taylor.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So were basically humped if our hopes
    Are to get some QB pressure out of a DE outside of anyone named wake. FA list doesn't look so hot next year. So that would put even more importance in drafting an OLB rusher early, in top 3 rounds.

Man I wanted BRuce Irvin in this last draft .
    Did you see him manhandle Baluga the other night?!
    Quote Quote