Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: 300 fans show up for hurricane's game

  1. -1
    SeasonsMusic's Avatar
    Pianist

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    1,668
    vCash:
    2838
    Loc:
    Southern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

    300 fans show up for hurricane's game

    Wow!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...99--ncaaf.html

    check out that article, if we want to see change in miami this needs to happen.
    edit: more than 300 show up but yea, you get the idea
    Check out my band.
    Eternal Essence

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1660
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many times do I have to tell you guys that Sun Life Stadium sucks? Do I need to buy a billboard and tell you guys it sucks?

    Never in Orange Bowl history has the Hurricanes had that low attendance.

    Oh and the Marlins just enjoyed their best attendance in franchise history, at the Orange Bowl location.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    3,720
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol, u want fans? win.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,934
    vCash:
    128014
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Penn State is in year one of their four year penalty, with no postseason dreams this season. The national media has made the team and the college public enemy #1, and were entering a game against an inferior opponent at 0-2. 100,000 fans still showed up today. Than again we all live in igloos up here and there is nothing else to day on a Saturday. We don't have all the wonderful activities people in Miami have or the intelligence to just stay home.


    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,844
    vCash:
    2197
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A team that isn't very good, a stadium out in the middle of nowhere and a good drive away from the campus, a bad economy, and an opponent nobody really cares about will result in what you see in the picture on that article where there could not have been even 10,000 fans at that game. The Dolphins game tomorrow will have plenty of empty seats too, albeit not as many.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"


    Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1660
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Penn State is in year one of their four year penalty, with no postseason dreams this season. The national media has made the team and the college public enemy #1, and were entering a game against an inferior opponent at 0-2. 100,000 fans still showed up today. Than again we all live in igloos up here and there is nothing else to day on a Saturday. We don't have all the wonderful activities people in Miami have or the intelligence to just stay home.

    I agree with you there. No sarcasm either.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Football Guru

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    9,547
    vCash:
    6883
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsMusic View Post
    Wow!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...99--ncaaf.html

    check out that article, if we want to see change in miami this needs to happen.
    edit: more than 300 show up but yea, you get the idea

    You sure that wasn't a photo at Sun Life Stadium at a Dolphins game? Looked like the usual 74,000 empty seats at Dolphins games.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,904
    vCash:
    8380
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    You sure that wasn't a photo at Sun Life Stadium at a Dolphins game? Looked like the usual 74,000 empty seats at Dolphins games.
    Yeap. Same fan base.

    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    20,006
    vCash:
    16174
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you guys that Sun Life Stadium sucks? Do I need to buy a billboard and tell you guys it sucks?

    Never in Orange Bowl history has the Hurricanes had that low attendance.

    Oh and the Marlins just enjoyed their best attendance in franchise history, at the Orange Bowl location.
    I'm pretty sure it's not the building's fault.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1





    "The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,314
    vCash:
    16597
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Penn State is in year one of their four year penalty, with no postseason dreams this season. The national media has made the team and the college public enemy #1, and were entering a game against an inferior opponent at 0-2. 100,000 fans still showed up today. Than again we all live in igloos up here and there is nothing else to day on a Saturday. We don't have all the wonderful activities people in Miami have or the intelligence to just stay home.

    I certainly am not shocked that a fanbase that would turn a blind eye to child rape in the name of football would keep going to games despite the team sucking. I also am not shocked that other fanbases don't follow their lead.

    Also a lot easier to get into the stadium now that they don't have that statue getting in the way.





    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. How many fans show up at our next home game?
    By DefensiveEnd76 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 05:24 PM
  2. Hurricane fans and other Crowder haters
    By phinfan27 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 07:39 PM
  3. Hurricane fans and other Crowder haters
    By phinfan27 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 02:39 AM
  4. Hurricane Wilma expecting to show up at game time.
    By gottahavefootba in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 01:46 PM
  5. Hurricane fans
    By Adrian in forum SPAM
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •