Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Sanchez is back today

1. -71
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from WVDolphan
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Who cares? I don't recall exactly what I said but does it mater?
    I guess you make up enough non-sensical arguments that you can't be expected to be consistent or remember what you wrote.

The Jets are elite but not great. Eli is not elite because he is not consistently great....WTF???
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Tema vs. individual is different, wouldn't you agree?
    And...... he redefines the English language.... in the two phrases "elite player" and "elite team", somehow elite takes on two different meanings..... wow....
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    And...... he redefines the English language.... in the two phrases "elite player" and "elite team", somehow elite takes on two different meanings..... wow....
    you cannot remember what you posted 10 mins ago?

"By your own definition, the Jets cannot be considered elite because they never had a full elite season. No division titles, no SB appearances."

if you think team and individual are evaluated the same then I guess Dan marino cannot be elite since he never won a SB and Dilfer is elite.

I guess you make up enough non-sensical arguments that you can't be expected to be consistent or remember what you wrote.

The Jets are elite but not great. Eli is not elite because he is not consistently great....WTF???
    The bottom line is this. The Jets have been a consistent contender under Rex, tied for most playoff wins, lead AFC in playoff wins, lead NFL in conf title game apps. That's ewlite

Throwing 25 INts 1 year then leading team to 9 wins the next is not elite. Elite postseason player? absolutely, elite overall player? absolutely not. Did you watch the game last night? did you see them discussing "good Eli vs. Bad Eli"- what other elite QB do you have to wonder what you will get from week to week?
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I can only go by what criteria you posted and according to your criteria the Giants aren't elite.
    I'm really trying to understand you here. It cannot be real that you're telling me my criteria of what makes the Giants elite is proof of why they aren't. I'm telling you that you're wrong.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

if you think team and individual are evaluated the same then I guess Dan marino cannot be elite since he never won a SB and Dilfer is elite.
    Well Marino did only get to the AFCCG once which is one year less than the elite Jets. That sounds like he isn't elite to me. /sarcasm

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
    you cannot remember what you posted 10 mins ago?

"By your own definition, the Jets cannot be considered elite because they never had a full elite season. No division titles, no SB appearances."

If you think you can make up meanings of words, you can't be proven wrong. After all wrong=right, up=down, in=out.... it is a crazy, wacky world...

The bottom line is this. The Jets have been a consistent contender under Rex, tied for most playoff wins, lead AFC in playoff wins, lead NFL in conf title game apps. That's ewlite
    whoa, let me say the same thing three ways to make it sound better.... They are tied for last in SB appearances. Does that make them elite? They weren't consistent enough to finish better than 8-8 last year, does that make them elite? They backed into the playoffs in 2009 does that make them elite? Elite teams host a playoff game more than once very 10 or 12 years. They have only won a division title TWICE since the merger and ZERO times under Ryan. Does that make them elite? A couple of decent performances in the playoffs does not make an average team elite.

Throwing 25 INts 1 year then leading team to 9 wins the next is not elite. Elite postseason player? absolutely, elite overall player? absolutely not. Did you watch the game last night? did you see them discussing "good Eli vs. Bad Eli"- what other elite QB do you have to wonder what you will get from week to week?
    Wait, I thought the media just makes stuff up? Or is that only about Sanchez?
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Well Marino did only get to the AFCCG once which is one year less than the elite Jets. That sounds like he isn't elite to me. /sarcasm
    Don't you get it? The Jets are elite because they failed to win any division titles and failed to get to the SB. Marino is not elite because he won division titles and made it to the SB.....

The Jets have the record for fewest superbowls lost that they didn't play in...
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you think you can make up meanings of words, you can't be proven wrong. After all wrong=right, up=down, in=out.... it is a crazy, wacky world...

whoa, let me say the same thing three ways to make it sound better.... They are tied for last in SB appearances. Does that make them elite? They weren't consistent enough to finish better than 8-8 last year, does that make them elite? They backed into the playoffs in 2009 does that make them elite? Elite teams host a playoff game more than once very 10 or 12 years. They have only won a division title TWICE since the merger and ZERO times under Ryan. Does that make them elite? A couple of decent performances in the playoffs does not make an average team elite.

Wait, I thought the media just makes stuff up? Or is that only about Sanchez?
    ONLY team w/ 2 conf title game apps meaning the ONLY team that had a chance to reach more than 1 SB the last 3 years.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    ONLY team w/ 2 conf title game apps meaning the ONLY team that had a chance to reach more than 1 SB the last 3 years.
    The ONLY team who couldn't get to the SB in consecutive years too

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Don't you get it? The Jets are elite because they failed to win any division titles and failed to get to the SB. Marino is not elite because he won division titles and made it to the SB.....

The Jets have the record for fewest superbowls lost that they didn't play in...
    A team that hasn't gone to the Super Bowl in 40+ years isn't elite. There's no way around it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
    This might be the most pathetic attempt by a fan at proclaiming his team's greatness.... EVER
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The ONLY team who couldn't get to the SB in consecutive years too

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

A team that hasn't gone to the Super Bowl in 40+ years isn't elite. There's no way around it.
    Actually no team made the SB in consecutive years during the last 3 years.

I didn't say we were elite in the last 40 years but in the last 3 unnder Rex we have been.

This might be the most pathetic attempt by a fan at proclaiming his team's greatness.... EVER
    Who is proclaiming greatness? What is pathetic are jealous div rival fans trying to take any credit away from a team they hate. I could only imgae what you guys would say if we didn't have a playoff win 2001-2011 and you guys made 2 of the last 3 title games.
    Quote Quote