Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I curse parcells everytime i see matt ryan play...

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    Normally I agree with this, but it's beating the dead horse at this point. We have Tannehill now.
    I agree somewhat but its a shame that dolphin fans cant admit Ryan is a pretty damn good qb because we chose Jake Long. People feel like if they give Ryan credit it makes our team seem worse.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cursed Nick Satan again on Sunday while I watched Aaron Rodgers carve up the Bears and Ronnie Brown do his thing as a 3rd down back for SD.

Horse before the cart: if we drafted Rodgers instead of a part time SEC RB and then signed a 1 year deal with a journeyman best known for banging his head against walls, there'd likely be no endless litany of Ryan vs Long.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep. Curse the fact we didnt draft a qb that chokes come playoff time. With all the weapons he has he shouldve at least won 3 playoffs game by now. If he cant get it done there in atlanta what makes u think he wouldve gotten it done here with sparano and dan henning
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    Yep. Curse the fact we didnt draft a qb that chokes come playoff time. With all the weapons he has he shouldve at least won 3 playoffs game thus far. If he cant get it done there in atlanta what makes u think hes wouldve gotten it down here with sparano
    So we fault Ryan for his playoff losses(I guess people forget Peyton was worse in his three playoff losses and he turned out quite ok) but buttfumble and Tebow have won games in playoffs but we dont praise them for that. Maybe if we had a GM as good as Atlantas that knew how to build a team he would have had those weapons here.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When your teams sole points came off a safety then yes there is alot of blame to go on the qb. Point im trying to make is. We didnt miss out on the next peyton manning or drew brees. Hes an above average qb. Good enough to get you through the regular season. He hasnt shown thus far he can get it done when it matters
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    When your teams sole points came off a safety then yes there is alot of blame to go on the qb. Point im trying to make is. We didnt miss out on the next peyton manning or drew brees. Hes an above average qb. Good enough to get you through the regular season. He hasnt shown thus far he can get it done when it matters
    hell Peyton got shut out in a playoff game big deal. It seems pretty damn logical its possible he could actually win a playoff game based on his regular season success. Like I said buttfumble has won alot of playoff games yet people act like he is crap. You cant have it both ways. As for next Drew Brees at this point in his career he is pretty much online with how Peyton was and definately much better than Brees was. Now the end result who knows but he is definately one of the best ten qb;s in the league and thats pretty damn good
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So we fault Ryan for his playoff losses(I guess people forget Peyton was worse in his three playoff losses and he turned out quite ok) but buttfumble and Tebow have won games in playoffs but we dont praise them for that. Maybe if we had a GM as good as Atlantas that knew how to build a team he would have had those weapons here.
    First, Peyton was an exception but even more relevantly , unlike Ryan losing to VT in the ACC Championship game where he threw 2 Ints and no passing TDs (sound familiar?), when it came to one and done games, Peyton actually proved he didn't have the choker gene by winning the SEC championship for TN in '97 where he beat Auburn 30-29, bringing them back down 29-17 and was the game MVP. So that's not exactly an "apples to apples" comparison
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can care less what he looks like in the regular season. When he gets more playoff wins than pat Devlin then talk to me about this amazing QB you all are jizzing over. Can't win a game with that offense,I don't wanna hear his potential over here with Bess n hartline
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    First, Peyton was an exception but even more relevantly , unlike Ryan losing to VT in the ACC Championship game where he threw 2 Ints and no passing TDs (sound familiar?), when it came to one and done games, Peyton actually proved he didn't have the choker gene by winning the SEC championship for TN in '97 where he beat Auburn 30-29, bringing them back down 29-17 and was the game MVP. So that's not exactly an "apples to apples" comparison
    You do realize that Peyon played on a team that was one of best in Sec in terms of talent . Name one other skill position player that Matt Ryan had around him that was anywhere near nfl talent. BC was like the 6th most talented team in the ACC recruit wise while Peyton had 4 nfl receivers starting for him over the years, Travis Henry and Jamal Lewis as his runningbacks along with Shawn Bryson multiple high draft picks on his oline. The only NFL talent on the offense outside of Ryan was some olinemen.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kloud_9 View Post
    I can care less what he looks like in the regular season. When he gets more playoff wins than pat Devlin then talk to me about this amazing QB you all are jizzing over. Can't win a game with that offense,I don't wanna hear his potential over here with Bess n hartline
    So Mark buttfumble is a pretty amazing qb then with all his playoff wins just saying
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    matt ryan was given the world in atlanta and i dont expect him to win a superbowl anytime soon. He just doesn't have it. He had alot of opportunities to put the game away tonight and couldn't do it. He has julio jones and roddy white! two top 10 receivers!!!!!!! what has he done? only lose every playoff game by A LANDSLIDE! he's not great and isn't a top 10 quarterback. I would love to see what tannehill would do with roddy white and julio jones! stronger arm, more athletic, and actually probably already better ball placement. MATT RYAN is OVERRATED!
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote