Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pats just signed Winslow Jr

1. -11
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if Eric Mangini gave him an endorsment?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol Winslow a play maker? Give me a break. Dude has got one step in retirement. If the guy is such a "play maker" explain why the dude is still unsigned 2 weeks into the season? The things people say on here sometimes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    It's a trap!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winslow is done son!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Lol Winslow a play maker? Give me a break. Dude has got one step in retirement. If the guy is such a "play maker" explain why the dude is still unsigned 2 weeks into the season? The things people say on here sometimes.
    last season 75 catches 765 yards, yep he's one step to retirement.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Your statement proves that you are really just one of those casual football fans that don't really know what's going on with anything other than a news blurb here or there. Winslow had 70 plus catches last year for close to 800 yards playing with one of the worst QB's in the league. As for the reason he's still unsigned after the week two is 1. Because any team that had him on the roster during week one would have been on the hook for his entire contract of nearly $4 million, too much to risk for a guy with knee issues. Now the Patriots get him week to week until Hernandez gets back. I'll say this, the things people say on here when they don't know what they are talking about.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whats not to like about this signing. He wasn't on the roster for week 1 so his salary is not garranteed and if he doesn't work out the team can cut him
    and only pay him for the time he was there. As Phins28 posted last season 75 catches 765 yards its well worth the small risk.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's funny how they are bringing in all these guys, and you are seeing Welker getting fewer targets at the WR position. They must be holding a grudge against the Shrimp for holding out??? Just adding more and more players might sound like a good idea from a competitive standpoint, but after a while it becomes like "too many chefs in the kitchen." The Pats used to be rock solid (especially on defense), but now they are playing musical chairs and moving so many guys in and off the roster. I think it is leading to a lot of confusion, and the Pats were found out this weekend against the Cardinals. They're still a very good team, but I think the rest of the league is catching up with them. Winslow, Jr. isn't half the player his daddy was, no matter how hard he pounds his chest and screams that he is a "Souljah."
    1. WR: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
    2. TE: Troy Niclas, UND or Jace Amaro, TTU
    3. RT: Jack Mewhort, Ohio State
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    It's funny how they are bringing in all these guys, and you are seeing Welker getting fewer targets at the WR position. They must be holding a grudge against the Shrimp for holding out??? Just adding more and more players might sound like a good idea from a competitive standpoint, but after a while it becomes like "too many chefs in the kitchen." The Pats used to be rock solid (especially on defense), but now they are playing musical chairs and moving so many guys in and off the roster. I think it is leading to a lot of confusion, and the Pats were found out this weekend against the Cardinals. They're still a very good team, but I think the rest of the league is catching up with them. Winslow, Jr. isn't half the player his daddy was, no matter how hard he pounds his chest and screams that he is a "Souljah."
    Comical, do you even watch football or just read little blurbs on Sports center? One, Welker never held out, not for a moment. Second, did the Pats get "Found out" as you put it when they lost to the Bills last year? Or the Browns the Year before? No, it's one game of 16 and as much as you would like it to mean something more, it doesn't tell you who the Patriots are this year. Also you didn't get the memo but that "rock solid defense" is on it's way back this season. Your post reeks of wishfull thinking.
    Quote Quote