Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Replacements.......

1. -11
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    The reffing in our games hasn't been that bad. For the most part, the games have kept a decent pace. Monday Night Football, though, was a complete mess. John Fox should receive a very serious warning about his behavior on the sidelines. He certainly added to the chaos.
    Gimme a break - He will not receive a warning as he should not. Can you blame the guy? I certainly dont. These refs have no idea what they are doing, or calling.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think teams are pushing their luck with the replacement refs. No they aren't as good as the normal ones, but they're doing the best they can. Screaming, swearing, pushing them etc... does nothing to make their jobs easier, and make them more accurate.

Team and players need to be held accountable as well. If I was the Commish, I'd be sending out a league wide warning, letting teams know that fines will be coming down if anyone is behaving in a manner that is detrimental to the ability of these refs to do their job as best as they can. John Fox definitely took liberties at embellishing, and overacting. Deplorable, and classless. There are methods and avenues to protest. Instead he should've more pissed off with his teams disgusting first half performance.

I felt sorry for those refs. They are PEOPLE, and everyone is treating them like a commodity. It doesn't help when the people who have no respect, treat you with no respect. How can any official in any game maintain order with teams taking the liberty of cheap shots.

The NFL needs to reel everyone in.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These replacement refs are a joke!!! In adidtion to "incompetent", now we can add "unprofessional" to the list

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-fantasy-team/

Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Funny enough that they removed a ref because he was a Saints fan (which I agree with, btw), but had no comment on the fact that Steratore had lived in Pittsburgh his entire life during that incident...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins_of_Fury View Post
    These replacement officials......http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...70b200pi-1.jpg ........make Ed Hochuli look like a genius!

C'MON MAN!

Disagree bigtime, with the old refs more times then not, I came away from the game thinking someone must be paying them to make that call, with these new guys, they have made mistake, but so far in two games have not made a call where I thought the call helped in Miami losing.

I am starting to hope these Refs stay for the entire season, Miami might actually be able to win or lose games on what they do on the field, give Hochuli more time to pump himself up even more, so he can show his big muscles next year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good thread.

I actually think these refs are more impartial than the guys they replaced.

I find it funny that last week there were very few officiating issues, however this week, they are horrible, and coincidently, who are the teams that lost this week? OH! That's right, the Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Peyton Manning and the Broncos....

Kraft and Jones upset that these new guys arent on their payroll yet?

Face it, we as fans complain about officiating EVERY YEAR. Why, all of a sudden, is it worst?

Thats right, the Cowboys and Patriots lost this week.....
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm liking the replacements so far also. Doesn't seem to be the bias that the old officials had for the favorite teams.

And fans should take it easy on these guys. They are doing their best and can only get better each week.

BTW they had an interesting discussion on these refs on Sirius NFL today. The mentioned that the last time this happened the Division 1 NCAA refs took on the burden of covering the games.
    However this wasn't allowed this time. NCAA serves as a sort of minor league for NFL officiating. If you are real good in NCAA you have a chance to get a NFL job. But the NCAA is sticking with the NFL this time and NOt allowing the NCAA refs to take the Sunday games. So they had to bring in refs that couldn't make the NCAA level for one reason or another. And that is what we have right now.

But by taking these jobs and crossing over against current refs they will never get another chance to move up that job ladder. Its a one time shot to be an NFL ref. But when they bring back the original refs all of these guys will be black listed.

Another interesting point is they were saying that the regular refs get about $150K for a part time job. The replacements are getting $60K but can treat it like a full time job.
    Study learn and get better and maybe they actually win out in the end.

To me I'd rather have a bunch of $60K guys with no ties to the NFL treating it like a full time job. The HD camera in the sky catches most of the mistakes that can be corrected.

The regular guys knew how to manipulate the system and give those favorite teams the slight edge every week. Like raising your hands to signal a TD when the ball hasn't come near to crossing the goal line. But the play is over cuz I raised my hands. We can't use the HD camera to see who recovered the fumble cuz I know how to maniulate the system.

JMHO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm sorry, but did you actually watch that Broncos game? The officiating was terrible in that game. An absolute trainwreck and the game went almost four hours. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that Peyton Manning lost. It has everything to do with the fact that the officials did an awful job.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm sorry, but did you actually watch that Broncos game? The officiating was terrible in that game. An absolute trainwreck and the game went almost four hours. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that Peyton Manning lost. It has everything to do with the fact that the officials did an awful job.
    Didn't watch but I heard that it took a long time. That is probably one of the downsides.

But really what is the difference if they miss a bunch of calls that don't change the outcome vs a crew that makes all the calls right except for the last one that decides the game.
    That is what we have grown used to with the regulars. At least Dolphin fans anyway.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to agree with most that there hasn't seemed to be nearly as much bias thru 2 games. The new refs are terrible and have missed their fair share but they seem to be equally terrible for both teams.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They are impartial because they do not know the rules.

Do you actually enjoy sitting through a quarter that lasts a whole hour (such as last nights game)? Or perhaps a 4 hour game?

Are they impartial, yes, but for the wrong reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avigatorx View Post
    Good thread.

I actually think these refs are more impartial than the guys they replaced.

I find it funny that last week there were very few officiating issues, however this week, they are horrible, and coincidently, who are the teams that lost this week? OH! That's right, the Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Peyton Manning and the Broncos....

Kraft and Jones upset that these new guys arent on their payroll yet?

Face it, we as fans complain about officiating EVERY YEAR. Why, all of a sudden, is it worst?

Thats right, the Cowboys and Patriots lost this week.....
    Quote Quote